watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Returning to the fold after absence without leave

Started by os5889, March 08, 2011, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Apologies to those I stood up and failed to rendezvous with pre Blackburn game! I managed to put myself in hospital with a lovely case of 20% coverage third degree burns to my stomach and legs on Friday.

Now that I'm discharged from hospital and signed off work for at least a week additional apologies must be made as my posting frequency will increase due to my inability to walk

Senior Supporter

That sounds awful, and extremely painful. How did you manage to do it? Anyway, best wishes for a really speedy recovery.

AlFayedsChequebook

The Equalizer

I told you not to wear nylon shell suits anymore!

In all seriousness mate, what happened? I hope it's not too bad / not going to scar or leave permanent damage.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Doctor

Glad to hear you're recovering mate.  No need to worry about missed rendezvous - as it happened I completely forgot that Marty was over from Bonn (can't remember if you've met him?) so didn't meet him pre-match, so I'm not one to judge on that front!  Caught up with him afterwards though.

Hope that you're back in action as soon as possible and that there's no permanent damage

os5889

Well quite simple really, I was making some tea before bed and when I picked the kettle up I got a spot of cramp in my thigh and jumped, smashing the kettle and unleashing a litre and a bit of boiling sizzle over my stomach, thighs and other places. Doctors are hopeful that my 5 second dash to a shower has reduced the chance of scarring.

Anyway its done now, lots of sleep, painkillers and bandages are the prescription

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on March 08, 2011, 12:05:50 PM
Well quite simple really, I was making some tea before bed and when I picked the kettle up I got a spot of cramp in my thigh and jumped, smashing the kettle and unleashing a litre and a bit of boiling sizzle over my stomach, thighs and other places. Doctors are hopeful that my 5 second dash to a shower has reduced the chance of scarring.

Anyway its done now, lots of sleep, painkillers and bandages are the prescription

Ouch, glad to hear you are relatively ok though!

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

A brit and his cuppa...

I wish you a speedy recovery but I look forward to reading more of you in the coming days. As a Dutch footballer once said: "Every advantage has its disadvantage". No wait, it is the opposite in this case. Like it bloody should be, damned Cruijff.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ron

I've always known it, now it's proven. Tea can be a very dangerous beverage to mess with. Better off sticking to  :beer:

Get well soon os !

White Noise

Sorry to hear that sir. Hope you make as full and swift recovery.

HatterDon

take care, mate. Burns are tricky things to recover from.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

OUCH! Get better soon OS. Sounds painful. FoFers falling by the wayside.....

finnster01

Mr Owen,

Mr Hatter has a very good point. Burns are nasty. At least I only did my ribs mate. Just look upwards and onwards mate!!

You look after yourself son. We need you on here. Get well soon, we can't only have nogoodboyo representing Wales in a big way here.

Best,
Finn
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TheDaddy

Christ mate im feeling the pain keep a good eye on it mate, burns like that are prone to infection,

I hope your percy escaped the waterfall !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

cebu

I wish you a full and speedy recovery, sir. Don't forget your medicine.   :beer:

Tom

Quote from: os5889 on March 08, 2011, 11:50:47 AM
Apologies to those I stood up and failed to rendezvous with pre Blackburn game! I managed to put myself in hospital with a lovely case of 20% coverage third degree burns to my stomach and legs on Friday.

Now that I'm discharged from hospital and signed off work for at least a week additional apologies must be made as my posting frequency will increase due to my inability to walk

I hope you are ok os5889. Take care of yourself buddy!
Fulham for life!

os5889

Quote from: TheDaddy on March 08, 2011, 04:15:38 PM
Christ mate im feeling the pain keep a good eye on it mate, burns like that are prone to infection,

I hope your percy escaped the waterfall !

Percy got off lighter than other places but not entirely scorn free! Feeling better but like a bit of a big hoody in baggy clothes

NogoodBoyo

Oh Iesu, Os, now you've gone and done a right proper twpsyn of yourself.  You can't go scalding your tackle just to get 'er indoors to blow on it to make it feel better.  There's silly you are mun.
Nogood "can't be listening to the three degrees now, isit" Boyo
P.S.  Get better soon.  In all honesty, can't say I'm thinking of you 'cos it makes me wince and shiver.  But I will be wishing you well, I and and will.

FatFreddysCat

Carpet burns from sheep worrying  :011: . Get well soon Owen.