watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have The Financial Dynamics Changed?

Started by White Noise, March 11, 2011, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Do you think it costs less now to stay in the top division than in recent seasons?

Other than with the top clubs are transfer budgets and wage budgets holding steady or decreasing?

There don't seem to be so many clubs in the lower divisions spending big to get to The Prem and I wonder if we have turned a corner in terms of financial restraint in English football?

finnster01

Wishful thinking.

If they had access to cash they would spend it. It is more a case of the banks making it harder to get credit than anything else.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: finnster01 on March 11, 2011, 09:43:25 AM
Wishful thinking.

If they had access to cash they would spend it. It is more a case of the banks making it harder to get credit than anything else.

Good morning sunshine!

I still think that cash is responsible for league positions. Look at what SPAM is doing at the moment. Fulham seems to remain "sane" though, only looking for players that can be instantly used or are future prospects, rather than buy anything that moves.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on March 11, 2011, 10:04:38 AM
Quote from: finnster01 on March 11, 2011, 09:43:25 AM
Wishful thinking.

Good morning sunshine!

I still think that cash is responsible for league positions. Look at what SPAM is doing at the moment. Fulham seems to remain "sane" though, only looking for players that can be instantly used or are future prospects, rather than buy anything that moves.

Next season will be interesting for West Ham - they have spent a lot of money this year (on wages in particular) and are still not out of the financial mire.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I think that one thing that has got easier for clubs in the prem is this.If you are in the prem and go down to the championship,you now have 4 years of parachute payments instead of 2,which means you have 4 years in the championship of keeping you premier league team together,thats a hell of an advantage,and I do believe that makes it much harder for the smaller championship team to make it to the promised land of the premier league :Sparkyticus:

MJG

Quote from: White Noise on March 11, 2011, 09:20:00 AM
There don't seem to be so many clubs in the lower divisions spending big to get to The Prem and I wonder if we have turned a corner in terms of financial restraint in English football?
I think one of the problems is that no money from the premier lge is going to the lower lges.
In the last window only £5M went to teams in the 3 lower divisions. They dont have the money to spend.