A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best striker?

Started by Sheepskin Junior, March 12, 2011, 09:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has been our best striker this season?

Zamora
2 (7.4%)
A. Johnson
1 (3.7%)
E. Johnson
2 (7.4%)
Kamara
0 (0%)
Dembele
4 (14.8%)
Elm
0 (0%)
Gudjohnsen
0 (0%)
Dempsey
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Sheepskin Junior

Who has performed the best out of our 'strikers'?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Ron Sheepskin

Who voted for Eddie? I was tempted on the grounds that it would be funny, but someone beat me to it.  :011:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Burt

I was going to vote for Kuqi but then realised I was having a flashback.

So Ivor gets my vote.

Oh, hold on...

CorkCity

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on March 12, 2011, 10:14:48 AM
Who voted for Eddie? I was tempted on the grounds that it would be funny, but someone beat me to it.  :011:

That was me, I felt sorry for him  :011:
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Burt

Quote from: CorkCity on March 12, 2011, 11:14:37 AM
Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on March 12, 2011, 10:14:48 AM

That was me, I felt sorry for him  :011:

You're all heart Mr Corkie sir  :011:

mrska

Dempsey..  Stood up to the mark when we basically didnt have one fit striker.. Chelsea penalty miss apart, he's been superb.   :Sparkyticus:

Mr Fulham

I was positively surprised by the performances of Mr Andrew Johnson this season. No one liked him but I think he's been excellent so far.

"De de de de de, Andy Johnson, de de de de de, Andy Johnson!" :yay:

clint23

YankeeJim

A striker's role is scoring. Dispite AJ's solid play, one goal. Dempsey by a country mile. Will this be the 5th time that a damn yank has lead the squad in scoring?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 12, 2011, 06:49:40 PM
A striker's role is scoring. Dispite AJ's solid play, one goal. Dempsey by a country mile. Will this be the 5th time that a damn yank has lead the squad in scoring?

AJ scored two goals. And my view is that it's not a strikers role to score goals - well, not necessarily!

AJ is working his socks off up front and I really appreciate that.

SmithyFFC

Wouldnt class Clint as a striker, therefore- Moussa.
FTID

YankeeJim

You are the position you play and Dempsey has played more up top then anywhere else. AJ has been grand but again, a strikers job is to strike. Had AJ & certainly Boddy been fit all season then I doubt there would be any comparision. On the other hand could either Bobby or AJ played right wing like Dempsey?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fletchino

The half hour or so bobby has played in his comeback is better than any other striker has managed so far this season his hold up play his skill,  control, shots, flicks , headers  and now from the spot too class act

Burt

Lets be honest guys.

Its not as if anyone has set the world alight in the season to date. Injuries and indifferent form up to the new year put paid to that.

The best striker has to be the one who puts the ball in the net the most. That is their job.