Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 16, 2011, 05:39:59 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 16, 2011, 05:27:07 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 16, 2011, 05:22:24 PM
Some perspective:

1) Once the media furore dies down, people will forget about it
2) Al Fayed had not done anything zany in a while, it could have been worse
3) What is the point in being embarrassed? Just laugh, because lets face it, it is hilarious
4) I would prefer a statue of MJ at Craven Cottage with premier league football and the experiences of the last 15 years over never being saved and struggling back in League 2
Nothing funny about honouring a NONCE.

Whose to say what is and isn't funny?  :011:

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 13, 2011, 08:41:58 PM
Whose to say what you can or cant make fun of?
And you can be sure every away team will be making fun of this. It's a disgrace.

Tktd

Actually quite an inspired piece of business...?!

It's well documented that MAF and MJ got on well and I still remember , suprisingly vividly the day MJ came to the cottage.

Whether you like or loathe or even love the guy a statue of a musical Ledgend who was surrounded in soo much of a public way by our ground will help the club.

Yes he did some stupid things like dangling a baby out a window but the matter is that when he died the WORLD mourned, everyone was in shock and talking about it for days...

When you actually listen to his lyrics as well then they're extremely worldly and apt to the world we live in today and a lot of people can relate to that...

the sex charges were dropped, he was found not guilty on several charges and I belive to this very day he was just an adult who never had the opportunity to grow up and that came across in his character and idilic views of the world - I genuinely believe because he was thrust in the limelight for such a long time he grew up just wanting to have fun and that's that.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is I'd prefer him to Biggie, Jay-Z or Eminem or even ABBA... He will attract a lot of people to the club who're in the area and you'll be suprised (or not) at how much revenue this could make for the club, in mcbrides cafe or in matchday ticket sales.

AlFayedsChequebook

Here are some from Twitter:

"The Way Hughes Makes Me Feel"

"ABC, it's easy as Dio-man-sy"

"Don't stop 'til you get D Duff"

To the tune of Earth sonG: "Kam-AA-RAA-AA-AA-AAAA"

'You wanna be startin Schwarzer'

leonffc

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 16, 2011, 05:44:58 PM
Some perspective:

3) What is the point in being embarrassed? Just laugh, because lets face it, it is hilarious
4) I would prefer a statue of MJ at Craven Cottage with premier league football and the experiences of the last 15 years over never being saved and struggling back in League 2

Whose to say what is and isn't funny?  :011:

And you can be sure every away team will be making fun of this. It's a disgrace.

It's an absolute embarrassment.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 16, 2011, 05:44:58 PM
Some perspective:

Whose to say what is and isn't funny?  :011:

So? they make fun of us anyway!

AlFayedsChequebook

More Apt:

- to the tune of Earth song: "Zam-O-RAA-AA-AA-AAAA"

Fletchino

This is a crazy move I'm very piss off about this  
he was a exter city fan we should give it to them

FatFreddysCat

Just had my first call from a Qpha fan laughing his head off. Apparantly we are getting slaughtered on talk shite as well . :035:

The Doctor

I'm not so certain about the "extra revenue" argument.  It appears this statue will be inside the ground, so probably not visible from outside.  And I doubt any "pilgrims" will go to the hassle and expense of getting match tickets.

For me, this falls into the same category as those follys that rich fools have been building for centuries.  Utterly pointless.

Not disputing any of your points about his musical abilities or legacy, just think that as a tribute a statue at the Cottage is way out of context and of no benefit to anyone

White Noise

Am out and about so have not read much on this. Is it right that it will be outside the stadium rather than inside? If so, where abouts will it be situated?

MAF had commissioned the statue for Harrods and then sold that so is left with the statue to put somewhere. I think the only way out of this is to come up with sensible suggestions for MAF as to a more appropriate place for it to be situated. I know MAF loves a good shrine but there must be a more logical place than a football stadium to site it?

ImperialWhite

We're eight years too late!

(Billie) Jean Tig-an-a

MJG

The CEO and board must be poo scared of MAF to allow this to go through.
Idiots the lot of them, lose money in our most successful season and then do this the next day.

ImperialWhite

If we're losing:

Because we're bad,
we're bad,
really really bad!

ImperialWhite

"Don't blame it on sunshine,
don't blame it on the moonlight,
don't blame it on the good times,
blame it on Dembélé."

mrska

Tell you what.. lets put up a statue of Uri Geller aswell.. he got on well with jacko...

Shows no respect for all the Fulham fans who shook buckets and beg borrowed and pleaded just to get at statue of one our true greats up...Johnny Haynes.

Im sickened to my stomach..

Matt

This is only a few days after he once again said that he was committed to Fulham. We should have seen something coming...
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

manxman

Oh for gods sake. I will destroy this statue.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Matt

Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

manxman

The day it is
Quote from: Matt on March 16, 2011, 06:22:30 PM
Quote from: manxman on March 16, 2011, 06:20:02 PM
Oh for gods sake. I will destroy this statue.

When do we strike?

The day of the unveiling, We shall pull it into the Thames !!
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

manxman

You must be taking the Michael !! :dft012:

It's a joke, complete outrage.