watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele or AJ?

Started by MrFFC, March 17, 2011, 02:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Who would like to see partner Bobby? AJ or Dembele? I love Dembele he is top class but i would like to see AJ against Everton a kick up the backside for Dembele. But i would also like to see more of Kakuta too anyone else want to see more of Kakuta? What options for Sparky to have.
Come on you Whites!! :)

Matt

Dembele for me, it would be stupid not to use his quality as long as he plays for us.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

TheDaddy

AJ for me purely for there understanding also it seems AJ has something to prove since returning from injury.Got a bit of pace about him ,direct approach.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BillNRoc

I've been waiting for someone to start this thread. (Once you're retired, your expectations slide downward pretty quickly.)

Figuring neither AJ nor Dembele would play 90, the question becomes who offers more off the bench. I would lean toward starting Dembele with AJ coming on after 60-65. But I haven't seen practice and don't know who's showing form. I do recall thinking Dembele looked good with Bobby way back when.

I would also like to see more of Kakuta, seems likely to challenge defenders who lack pace, again after 70 or so.

AlFayedsChequebook

I am honestly stumped at this.

I think AJ has been excellent over the last 10 games and Dembele has struggled over the last few, but Dembele offers running and dribbling skill through the middle.

For the moment I would keep Bobby on the Bench, why ruin a good thing?

MrFFC

I completely understand where your coming from but Bobby is top class he gives us something different he has such strength and can hold the ball up. I think if he is fit he has to start. The one i am torn on is AJ or Dembele. I would also like to see Kakuta get a few starts and maybe loan him again next season. Also there is Gudjohnson. Wow some options we have now.

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 17, 2011, 03:07:58 PM

I think AJ has been excellent over the last 10 games and Dembele has struggled over the last few, but Dembele offers running and dribbling skill through the middle.

ToodlesMcToot

I don't think there's any question who, out of these two would start up top with Bobby (if he starts. IMO he won't). AJ. Tactically, I think he's done a wonderful job doing what Sparky needs from him - clearing space for our other attackers with his runs and generally running central defenders' legs out from underneath them.

For the Everton match, I wouldn't be surprised at both AJ and Dembele starting up top with Bobby as the super sub. Kakuta to follow after that, if we aren't winning.

I think this is how it went last match, no?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Tktd

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 17, 2011, 03:07:58 PM

Because it could be a better thing with one of them out and Bobby in.

Sheepskin Junior

Dembele,
he has more speed and gets back more than AJ. He gives Bobby a chance to be an out and out striker
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

King_Crud

Quote from: BillNRoc on March 17, 2011, 02:58:41 PM
I've been waiting for someone to start this thread.

there seems to be a thread on this subject every second day

clint23

Dembele is younger, but AJ for me, at the moment.

BalDrick

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

richie17

dembele - not even close

Tom

Fulham for life!

sipwell

The Belgian, obviously. He can keep a ball and pass a ball. AJ is good in running after a ball.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

jarv

I would not be surprised to see all 3 at some point. BZ will probably not start.

HatterDon

BZ & AJ is your go-to "if everyone's healthy" XI. Dembele is a goal-scoring winger, not a striker. He would be at his best working opposite Dempsey or Duff or Davies with those two up front.

And didn't we have this conversation about 6 times in the last two weeks?

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

AJ has been arguably our most consistent player since we came good after the Spammers defeat.  Can't drop him.  Dembele has been patchy and arguably has not delivered much end product.  I suspect Bobby will be on the bench to start anyway.

MrFFC

Yeah Hughes has confirmed Zamora will be on the bench. So AJ and Dembele it is with Zamora and Kakuta to step off the bench.

cebu

Quote from: MrFFC on March 18, 2011, 01:41:02 PM
Yeah Hughes has confirmed Zamora will be on the bench. So AJ and Dembele it is with Zamora and Kakuta to step off the bench.

I read that one too. Now I'm wondering if that was for Moyes' benefit and BZ will start after all.