News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool and City dumped out of Europa!

Started by Scrumpy, March 17, 2011, 09:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Chopper

Is it wrong of me to feel a little smug about this?

Rhetorical question obviously ;)
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 17, 2011, 09:59:02 PM
Not so easy, is it lads?
:yay:

They don't care. This is why they're not progressing.

Burt

Quote from: Chopper on March 17, 2011, 10:06:41 PM
Is it wrong of me to feel a little smug about this?

Rhetorical question obviously ;)

Mr Chopper sir,

Sod the rhetorical.

NO IT IS NOT WRONG!

Makes our achievements last season all the greater.

Chopper

Absolutely. Not to mention that Shaktar have made the last 8 of the Champions League.

Very proud all over again.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Burt on March 17, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

Really? I think Liverpool and - especially - ManCity would have progressed easily if they cared about the competition. They evidently don't, the league - and CL qualification is more important and more lucrative.

Burt

Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 17, 2011, 10:20:13 PM
Quote from: Burt on March 17, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

Really? I think Liverpool and - especially - ManCity would have progressed easily if they cared about the competition. They evidently don't, the league - and CL qualification is more important and more lucrative.

Hmmm I think they would have welcomed the silverware...

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Burt on March 17, 2011, 10:21:50 PM

Hmmm I think they would have welcomed the silverware...

Yes, but they didn't invest everything and didn't give their all. The Europa League brings no money and is nothing compared to the Champions League.

ImperialWhite

Liverpool's only (realistic) route to European football at all next season was by winning the Europa League. If they didn't care about it, they're idiots, cos they won't be playing European football at all next season.

cebu

Shakhtar, Juventus, Wolfsburg, Hamburg.

Losing against one of these would be understandable. But Braga?

It would be nice if Fulham could play Braga (next season?) - at least Fulham would put up a decent effort!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 17, 2011, 10:25:16 PM
Liverpool's only (realistic) route to European football at all next season was by winning the Europa League. If they didn't care about it, they're idiots, cos they won't be playing European football at all next season.

They are idiots! :005:

Tom

Fulham for life!

RidgeRider

Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 17, 2011, 10:25:16 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!  :yay:

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

A club like Liverpool paying 35 million quid for a player making his full debut today would have said to him. 'Don't try Andy after all you are worth more to us than success in Europe' Or as Dalglish would have said ' Errrrrrr he done errrrrrrrr Andy errrrrrrrrrr no errrrrrrrrrrrrr lacking errrrrrrrrrrrr creativity errrrrrrrrrrr so why did I spend  errrrrrrrrrrr so much errrrrrrrrr on a bloody forward och eye the noo errrrrrrrrrrr'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Here's Liverpool's starting lineup:

Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Wilson, Cole, Mireles, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, and Carroll

and here's City's starting lineup:

Hart, Lescott, Kompany, Richards, Kolarov, Barry, Yaya Toure, DeJong, Silva, Tevez, Balotelli

Really, City didn't care about the tie? Liverpool didn't care about this tie? Are you trying to minimize our accomplishment last season by pointing out that we only did so because we were so  unsophisticated as to really TRY?

I really wonder what you guys are smoking at times.  :doh:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Quote from: HatterDon on March 18, 2011, 12:49:07 AM
Here's Liverpool's starting lineup:

Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Wilson, Cole, Mireles, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, and Carroll

and here's City's starting lineup:

Hart, Lescott, Kompany, Richards, Kolarov, Barry, Yaya Toure, DeJong, Silva, Tevez, Balotelli

Really, City didn't care about the tie? Liverpool didn't care about this tie? Are you trying to minimize our accomplishment last season by pointing out that we only did so because we were so  unsophisticated as to really TRY?

I really wonder what you guys are smoking at times.  :doh:

Other than one poster on this thread and the BBC. How come you wonder what 'you guys are smoking' Doesn't everybody agree that this is an excuse.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

The only sensible thing sir Alex has said in recent years...."Fulham's performance in Europe is probably the BEST EVER by any British team"  Tonight goes some way towards proving that. Look at who Fulham beat. Braga? Give me a break, they were worse than Birmingham or Bolton. :011:

Fletchino

I hope with these two out are fair leauge placing stays in the top 2

AlFayedsChequebook

I purposefully did not check the scores until this morning, but am delighted that both teams are out.

I keep hearing excuses - 'they were not interested', 'tired from league commitments' thrown about and it makes me f****** angry. We had a smaller squad than either of these two teams and not only beat bigger teams than ourselves but also made it to the final.

Liverpool and Man City and the media that adore them so can f*** right off, the ungrateful b*******. They both would have loved silverware at the end of the season, what have lpool got to play for now?