https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele Interview

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, March 18, 2011, 10:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

sipwell

Yikes, his English is kind of crap. :o
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Basil

Certainly as compared to most of our Flemish

finnster01

Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 11:35:32 AM
It is no worse than Torres who has been in England 4 years, and Dembele's Flemish is certainly better than mine...  :dft012:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Perhaps, but it is an offence to our region!

TonyGilroy

I was in Amsterdam and a Dutch woman spoke to me in Dutch.

When she realised that I was English she was genuinely apologetic as if she'd committed some big social gaff.

And I was in her country. And, of course, she spoke perfect English with hardly a trace of an accent.

clint23

Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 11:35:32 AM

+1, but far better than Torres or Tevez

NogoodBoyo

Not helped by a painfully inept interviewer.
Nogood "mousa been envious, isit" Boyo

MrFFC

Not many of us can speak other languages so fair play to him that can speak decent enough English. Good to hear he is happy at Fulham he is a quality player and i think injury free he will be a huge player for us next season the type of player we need to progress to the next level
Come on you Whites!! :)

RidgeRider

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 18, 2011, 12:10:57 PM

When she realised that I was English she was genuinely apologetic as if she'd committed some big social gaff.

And I was in her country. And, of course, she spoke perfect English with hardly a trace of an accent.

Tony, all you Englishmen have accents.  :dft012:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 11:56:26 AM
Perhaps, but it is an offence to our region!

Maybe you should offer to give Dembele English lessons?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 18, 2011, 01:12:45 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 18, 2011, 12:10:57 PM

Tony, all you Englishmen have accents.  :dft012:

Of course.

I meant that she sounded like she came from the Mother Country not some former colonial outpost.

sipwell

(phew: by focussing on his English skills I seem to have distracted everyone from his horribly arrogant statements about the Belgian national team vis-à-vis the English national team. Mission accomplished)

finnster01

Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 01:55:02 PM
(phew: by focussing on his English skills I seem to have distracted everyone from his horribly arrogant statements about the Belgian national team vis-à-vis the English national team. Mission accomplished)

To be honest mate, at this point I rather watch Belgium than England mate. Especially if John Terry is re-installed as captain.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: finnster01 on March 18, 2011, 01:57:44 PM

To be honest mate, at this point I rather watch Belgium than England mate. Especially if John Terry is re-installed as captain.

Arrogance isn't a trait of our nation... and all our young (agreed: talentend) footballers have been going bonkers from the moment an English pundit said to a Belgian newspaper that Belgium was his favourite to win the World Cup in 2018. Moussa is a prime example. It's the "we can take on everyone" attitude, followed by a loss against Azerbaijan.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on March 18, 2011, 01:57:44 PM

Arrogance isn't a trait of our nation... and all our young (agreed: talentend) footballers have been going bonkers from the moment an English pundit said to a Belgian newspaper that Belgium was his favourite to win the World Cup in 2018. Moussa is a prime example. It's the "we can take on everyone" attitude, followed by a loss against Azerbaijan.

To be fair to him, the reporter asks is he thinks that England are 'jealous' of the young Belgians and he says no.