# Benfica (Por) - PSV (Ned)
# Villarreal (Spa) - Twente (Ned)
# Braga (Por) - Dinamo Kiev (Oek)

Semis
# Braga/Dinamo Kiev - Benfica/PSV
# Porto/Spartak Moskou - Villarreal/Twente

So it can be a Dutch final or a Portuguese final :o

The final is in Dublin  :58: Do they have football stadiums there?  :hook:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

sipwell

Added, unfortunately, a NFR in front of the title...

Burt

For some strange reason this competition is nowhere near as exciting as last season's one.

Vinnieffc

[/quote]

I am currently working opposite the Landsdown Road (Aviva) stadium, and it is truly a thing of beauty that fills my window. After work I am then going to see Bray Wanderers v Sligo Rovers at the Carlisle Grounds (capacity approx 3000), so too small for a Europa Final.

Burt

Quote from: Vinnieffc on March 18, 2011, 03:14:38 PM

I am currently working opposite the Landsdown Road (Aviva) stadium, and it is truly a thing of beauty that fills my window. After work I am then going to see Bray Wanderers v Sligo Rovers at the Carlisle Grounds (capacity approx 3000), so too small for a Europa Final.
[/quote]

Worth checking out... Very swish.
http://www.avivastadium.ie/index.aspx

Jimpav

[/quote]

Is this where Ireland played Wales recently Vinnie?

if it is then it is certainly a great stadium and far superior to the old Lansdowne Road that I visited back in '99.

There are some good teams this year in the Europa League, shame there are no British underdogs for us to cheer on.

richie17

Quote from: Vinnieffc on March 18, 2011, 03:14:38 PM

[/quote]

the old version was an amazing place to watch a game.  Ihope they've retained some of the character.

sipwell

Nice stadium indeed. I am impressed! Very much impressed. But I, ignorant Belgian, foolishly ignored the fact that Ireland also played rugby. With the best effort, I cannot think of one Irish football team.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Jimpav on March 18, 2011, 03:26:40 PM

Is this where Ireland played Wales recently Vinnie?

if it is then it is certainly a great stadium and far superior to the old Lansdowne Road that I visited back in '99.

There are some good teams this year in the Europa League, shame there are no British underdogs for us to cheer on.
[/quote]

One in the same Jimpav. Beautiful stadium. I did the Tour and it's well impressive, although I haven't actually made it to a game yet (rugby or football)..

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 03:08:38 PM
# Porto (Por) - Spartak Moskou (Rus)

Semis

No where near the quality of last season. I reckon Porto will win it.

Jimpav

Quote from: Vinnieffc on March 18, 2011, 03:52:41 PM
One in the same Jimpav. Beautiful stadium. I did the Tour and it's well impressive, although I haven't actually made it to a game yet (rugby or football)..

Thanks Vinnie. Maybe you should get tickets for the Europa league final? Would be a great occasion if it's anything like Hamburg.

I went to see France play Argentina at Lansdowne Road whilst over in Dublin years ago. The rugby world cup happened to be on so we went to that match. It was terraced back then so there was a fantastic atmosphere.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 03:36:08 PM
Nice stadium indeed. I am impressed! Very much impressed. But I, ignorant Belgian, foolishly ignored the fact that Ireland also played rugby. With the best effort, I cannot think of one Irish football team.

Well my Belgian friend, I for one cannot blame you for not knowing any Irish clubs. The Irish Premier is some way behind Seria A or the Bundesliga, but quite entertaining all the same..  :045:

clint23

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 18, 2011, 03:55:38 PM
Quote from: sipwell on March 18, 2011, 03:08:38 PM
# Porto (Por) - Spartak Moskou (Rus)

Semis

The final is in Dublin  :58: Do they have football stadiums there?  :hook:
No where near the quality of last season. I reckon Porto will win it.

Porto in the final against Benfica

HatterDon

I shall continue to root for Braga. Come On You Sonias; come on you Sonias.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Methinks Benfica will do the bizz.

os5889

Benfica or Kiev V Porto or Valencia for me

Fancy an iberian derby personally