watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Certainties in life...

Started by LBNo11, March 19, 2011, 10:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...Living, dying, paying taxes - and since 1959 losing at Goodison Park in a league game. Fair play to those who went for the ritual loss...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

McBridefan1

at least our boys came out in the second half and gave those faithful something to cheer about.

fulhamguy

And we did cheer too. More than those scousers!
COYW!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If all is not lost, where is it?

LBNo11

Quote from: KCat on March 19, 2011, 10:40:54 PM
If all is not lost, where is it?

...don't look at me - you had it last...

Scrumpy

..and why is there only one Monopolies Comission?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 19, 2011, 10:57:21 PM
..and why is there only one Monopolies Comission?

...they were taken over...

Jimpav

It's the one fixture in the calendar where I don't feel the slightest hint of regret or sorrow when we lose. I was a little churlish though when we drew at home this year.

Next season we should have a communal bet on the loss.

MJG

A wasted opportunity today, all this talk about top 10, even sixth place, and the one real chance we have to get top eight and we blow it.
Yet another heroic defeat, to go along with Liverpool,chelsea, spurs etc.
Fully rested team and we come out the blocks slow. Hughes has to take some blame for that and I hope he gives them all a kick up the arse.

Mr Fulham

We are always coming out of the blocks slow and erratic. Honestly don't know why, but we're messing a lot of games up because of that instead of playing it properly from the beginning til the end.

MJG

I heard on the radio we are 17th in the first half table and 4th in the second half table.
I'm annoyed at the missed chance to move up the league.yrs its everton and anything was a bonus.
What has Hughes brought to the results that are so different from Roy.

b+w geezer

Quote from: MJG on March 20, 2011, 12:03:50 AM
Yet another heroic defeat, to go along with Liverpool,chelsea, spurs etc.
In no case disgraceful or surprising results in theory, but (as you imply) less heroic than irritating in each case that they didn't give it more of a go till it was too late. Under MH we are typically ending away games on top, whereas we so often faded under RH, but that's scant consolation when the result's the same.
Before giving up on the idea, I went to Goodison for several of our early prem visits. Remember Moyes' debut commencing with a goal within a minute right in front of us. That set the tone for how it's gone ever since.

BalDrick

'Under MH we are typically ending away games on top, whereas we so often faded under RH, but that's scant consolation when the result's the same.'

But that's progress in itself isn't it? I know it feels like it's been going on for years but this is still Hughes' first season - and as such any forward move has to be applauded. Though the present may not be looking an awful lot brighter, I think the future is. He's still not had a decent transfer window (in time rather than acquisitions), but what he has brought in does look highly encouraging - Sidders for a start I think is looking like the deal of the month in January, and I still hold out hope that Dembele will do better when he has better team mates around him.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

GoldCoastWhite

How many years did our "friends" from wide tart lane have to wait between victories at Anfield ? I'm sure it was well over 60 years. All things will come to those who wait. COYW !!!

jarv

I agree with others. It was a wasted opportunity. The first half was a dreadful game, by both teams. Everton were there for the taking. At 2-0 it left a mountain to climb. Why wait until you are 2 down to start.
The away win at Stoke pointed the way. GET STUCK IN, right from the first whistle lads.
Great goal by Dempsey :clap_hands:

Jimbobob

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on March 20, 2011, 11:47:08 AM
How many years did our "friends" from wide tart lane have to wait between victories at Anfield ? I'm sure it was well over 60 years. All things will come to those who wait. COYW !!!

:down_under:
I prefer: Wide FART Lane...... :011: :011: :011: :011: :011:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?