watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham - The Boys From Brazil

Started by White Noise, March 24, 2011, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Yes folks, there really is a Fulham Fan club and website in beautiful Brazil. Small in size but strong in faith. Massive respect to these guys -

http://fulhamfcbrasil.blogspot.com/2011/03/fulham-fc-brasil-entrevista-rodrigo.html?spref=tw

Fulham FC news Brazil Rodrigo Bueno

It is an honor for us to blog Brazil Fulham FC announce the second interview we make about the oldest club in London. The answer was our guest commentator for the ESPN channels and the Folha de Sao Paulo Rodrigo Bueno.

Rodrigo is Sao Paulo, has 38 years and is trained journalist at PUC-SP. Speak English soccer with the authority of someone who has followed him since the 1980s, since it began to pay attention to international football. It's Liverpool fan and supporter of Nottingham Forest, Notts County and Exeter City. The pitch, is the idol of the ancient representatives of Liverpool, with players Ian Rush, John Barnes and coach Bob Paisley. It is still a fan of Gary Lineker and, more recently, Michael Owen and Ryan Giggs.
Professional, and work on ESPN channels and in the Folha de Sao Paulo, Rodrigo Bueno also has a column published on the World Soccer Digest, Japanese journal of international football. Check out some of his opinions now about the oldest football club in London.
Fulham FC Brazil: After major campaign in Europe League last season, do you consider the current season Fulham's lower than expected?
Rodrigo Bueno: Of course the international success threw more light on Fulham, but it's hard to charge other team in the National League harder and wealthy of the planet. Competition in the English league is very strong, I would say that it is easier today to win the Europa League. Fulham should be in a better position, but the problem is tied too. This shows that is not easily beat a team, but neither dared not risked as it should. Bolton and Sunderland have improved as well this season and have earned a more prominent position than Fulham. The return of traditional Newcastle also lump together there the middle of the table. But Fulham did not disappoint more than Aston Villa, for example.
FFC Brazil: In your opinion, do you think that lack of investment Mohammed Al-Fayed's Fulham to a larger club?
RB: Absolutely. The case of Al-Fayed is curious because he has many years ahead of time and never did give Fulham the great leap that was expected of him. Other tycoons have taken out other teams of similar size and poured more investment in other clubs. The neighbor Chelsea is perhaps the big mirror. Fulham seem in the wake of Al-Fayed, somewhat accommodated with its intermediate condition in the English elite.
FFC Brazil: For you, the runner-up in the Europa League helped Fulham to climb in the ranking of English football or the club is still far from the teams that clash with the big ones?
RB: It's still far. You can not compare the investment and ambition of Fulham with Chelsea and Manchester City, for example. And historically you can not compare with Fulham powers like Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United. Fulham improved but its level in Europe as well as the English teams in general.
FFC Brazil: In general, how you see the Fulham today?
RB: Mark Hughes is not the coach of my dreams, gained some prominence with Blackburn a very tough, sometimes violent, and sank at Manchester City in their big break in coaching career. It has a good goalkeeper, Schwarzer, has a good season Dempsey (there are an American tradition since the club) and the leadership of Murphy. Technically, the team does not have many resources. Senderos and Duff were discutiíveis even when players were at their peak. Andy Johnson does not seem to be the same as other times. The team relies heavily on the collective game, the tactical setting, devoid of stars.
FFC Brazil: Have you ever traveled to England? (At work or tourism). If so, you have stayed at Craven Cottage?
RB: Yes I have traveled to England, where as a tourist. I hope to meet the work on the Wembley final of the Champions League this year. I know basically London in England, but have not had the honor of meeting the Craven Cottage. I hope to do it soon because I believe in some years the stages of England's most charming to everyone will eventually give way to modern arenas, like it happened with the Highbury and Emirates Stadium.
FFC Brazil: Fulham uses the same base in his squad for at least three years. You think it's an important point or something not considered ideal for a football team?
RB: The base often helps, but it must always be increased. And Fulham have not done it much, unlike some competitors. Fulham always seems a team that will not fight against relegation but also not going to fight for European competitions. That comfort zone is not very good in my opinion. Fulham should be playing in the cups then head of national and international, winning the title, as did Birmingham this season and almost scored as Fulham last season in League Europe.
FFC Brazil: From cottage current team, which players you mention and I would say that would be able to play in a club with more visibility?
RB: Schwarzer throw easily, for example, at Arsenal. Dempsey is the star in the line, and if it had more marketing, could be in some of the giants.
FFC Brazil: What are your impressions about the work of manager Mark Hughes in charge of Fulham?
RB: The sequence of draws and zero balance of the team's goals are much his fault, not the team loose. It's the kind of coach who seems to be so afraid of losing that catches one's own team on the field. Lack boldness to it that much at stake soliário attacker. Okay that 4-2-3-1 is the scheme of fashion, but Fulham look very square on the field, just waiting for the arrival of Dempsey. It is quite predictable, keeps much of the old British style, but without the necessary speed.
FFC Brazil: The Fulham players usually bet on and experienced enough tread. Do you agree with this management model or do you think the club should prioritize the most basic categories?
RB: The base category for all teams in England should be valued with the change in the rules of the Premier League, which now forces teams to fill the cast with local players. Fulham do not have the tradition of the West Ham players to reveal, but should begin paying more attention to young people, especially the British. I believe that the experienced and the stars are important, this can make a difference in favor of Fulham, but we need to promote the blend of youth and experience. Fulham are also developing the ability to find new talent from abroad, could profit handsomely from insider trading. The British market is very inflated. Thus, the fish should Fulham players like Ramirez and David Luiz before they came to Chelsea making a profit to Benfica. Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United have good headhunters around the world, something that Fulham should invest. In the mid-1990 when Middlesbrough bought Juninho started a small revolution in its history.
FFC Brazil: A debatable issue is the rivalry between Chelsea and Fulham, because although the two clubs are neighbors and have a rivalry acirradíssima and up there in Centennial, some say that the difference in the budget blues are on another level. Do you agree or think that there is rivalry in SW6?
RB: How is a London club, it is natural that Fulham has many classic adversaries such as Queens Park Rangers and Brentford, but the history of intimidating team is linked with Chelsea,''who''divides the neighborhood. In the lower divisions did Fulham acids clashes with other teams, especially with Gillingham, but Chelsea has become an opponent more common in recent years. Even with the economic disparity between the two clubs, the clashes have a special charm in the first division. It could make a parallel with Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid today. The Real took a lot front on the local rivals was galactic and no longer has the athletic as a mortal enemy, but for the athletic yet there is an enormous pleasure in debunking the opponent's library.
FFC Brazil: The UEFA Champions League 2011 Women's will be at Craven Cottage. You see this as an achievement for the club or just as a consolation prize for the runner-up of Europa League?
RB: It is indeed a prize for the team, but the truth is that Britain is now a mecca for big games. Wembley, Old Trafford, Emirates ... almost all English stadiums have received games of selections from all over the world and became a model. The organization is exemplary in England, and visibility of the games there is also greater.
FFC Brazil: Leave a message for fans and cottagers to all our readers.
RB: That you continue increasingly enjoying and supporting Fulham, to publicize the club in Brazil, trying to direct contact with the team, if possible visiting Craven Cottage. You are ambassadors of the team officials in Brazil. Despite the distance, today there are many tools to bring the Brazilian fans a foreign team. I am sure that the friendly Fulham receive them well and take great pride in knowing that in Brazil there is an organized group of supporters of the Whites. A abráááááááço!

SoCalJoe

Very cool and deserving of a  :bump:

Anyone know a little Portuguese to comment on the blog?
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :yay: :yay: :yay: :Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus:  well done those guys-fantastic stuff :59:

FatFreddysCat

Argentina and Brazil now  :54:

Marcelo_ffcbr

Hello Cottagers!

I am one of the writers of this brazilian blog about FFC. (and I'm learning English)

We are Brazilian fans of Fulham and we were delighted to see our blog is known by people from other countries. Fulham has many fans in Brazil.

Comments in English are welcome! :dft010:

http://fulhamfcbrasil.blogspot.com/

COYW'S!

LBNo11

...a very warm welcome to you Marcelo, I tried to leave a comment on your blog to advise you of Friends Of Fulham, but I was not sure if you received it?

I have also shown your blog to a colleague who is Brazilian and he comes from the same town as one of your members named in the blog, so he can always translate.

Having supported this relatively unfashionable team for over 45 years I am still amazed, but very pleased that we are known in Brazil - please use our site to help you learn English, and about Fulham FC...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Scrumpy

Quote from: Marcelo_ffcbr on March 26, 2011, 08:53:31 PM
Hello Cottagers!

I am one of the writers of this brazilian blog about FFC. (and I'm learning English)

We are Brazilian fans of Fulham and we were delighted to see our blog is known by people from other countries. Fulham has many fans in Brazil.

Comments in English are welcome! :dft010:

http://fulhamfcbrasil.blogspot.com/

COYW'S!

Well done Marcelo!  A great blog and it is great to see that we have fans in Brazil. Keep up the good work!

I also tried to post a comment, but was unsuccesful. Something got lost in translation.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MisfitKid

Please send some of your countrymen our way.   :008:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Chopper

Seems to me the pinnacle of achievement to be "known in Brazil". I still view us as a struggling  third division side that has had some lucky breaks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Travers Barney

Here here..well done Marcelo.

Fantastic that people all over the world follow the fortunes of London's oldest football club...when you consider where we were less than twenty years ago you need to pinch yourself to believe it....long may it continue.

Hope everyone who can make it will be greeting our Scandanavian friends when they are down for the visit of Blackpool.

We are the whites
We are the whites

FC Silver Fox

Welcome Marco. Great blog. Please continue to post on here.

Best wishes from Lyon France.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FP

Parabeins Galera!!!! (that's all i can write in portuguese and i don't know if it's correct). South american Fulham Fans on the rise, great new!

COYW !!!!

Marcelo_ffcbr

THE BRAZILIANS ARE BACK!!!  scarf

check out the history of the brazilian cottagers in this text, written by a friend who is a Norwich supporter. :54:

http://futebolpub.com.br/destaques/2012/05/conheca-o-fulham-brasil-o-blog-da-torcida-cottager-no-pais

Visit our blog: http://fulhamfcbrasil.blogspot.com.br/

Follow us on Twitter: @fulhamfcbrasil

Like us on Facebook: Brazilian Cottagers on Facebook

To translate you can use: http://translate.google.com/

ALL COTTAGERS IN THE WORLD ARE REALLY 076.gif!

CorkedHat

Quote from: SoCalJoe on March 24, 2011, 03:40:25 PM
Very cool and deserving of a  :bump:

Anyone know a little Portuguese to comment on the blog?

Where is McBrideno1Fan when you need him?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

SKSW6

Well to be fair, we do play like Brasil at the moment!

Welcome, Brazilian Whites!

SG

Brilliant stuff. Doesn't the club give official recognition to supporters club around the world when they have more than a certain number of members. They should be able to have a Brazilian supporters club now.

ClarksOriginal

Marcelo, obrigado por nos mostrar seu blog fantástico! Manter a fé! COYW!

I have very very very basic knowledge of Portugese, so this may be completely wrong... but nonetheless, obrigado.

You have a new follower on Twitter too!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

joeP87

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 24, 2011, 07:46:13 PM
Argentina and Brazil now  :54:

Does anyone know much about the Argentinian FFC fan club?

Swedish Terrier

Welcome lads! I am now following you on Twitter, although I don't understand any of your tweets.   :doh:

Oh well, there's always Google translate for that. Once again,  076.gif
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

Marcelo_ffcbr

Thank you guys, you're great! 082.gif

And you can comment in our Blog, twitter or Facebook, in english too.

We are working hard on the blog, to be recognized as official Fulham fans in Brazil.

We'll count with your help to share the brazilian blog in your respective countries!

Marcelo Vinicius - Fulham FC Brasil Blog