more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

about the statue

Started by The Equalizer, April 01, 2011, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Quote from: Admin on April 03, 2011, 01:03:07 PM
If it was a brass statue etc I could have swallowed it but this thing is an absolute eyesore!! It's not even a good resemblance, more like something that was made down the local Sunday school. For him to turn around and say "go to hell" is a little strong in my eyes and I can see all this causing problems.

totaly agree, should have been in brass and maybe worked a bit harder on the face, and that he can tell the fans to go to hell, now that pissed me off to be honest

Senior Supporter

Those arms look as though they would reach beyond his knees, surely that's Bubbles isn't it? Where is MJ? :tom:

jarv

This is really weird :023: However, best to let it go because don't want to upset the man. It is outside the ground isn't it? If so, could be a target for vandalism which would really upset MAF. Oh dear!
The picture made me laugh to be honest. :005:
Could do a bunch of them, who's next Hugh Grant? David Hamilton? How about a mini madame Tussauds of famous Fulham people.

jarv

Just looked at it again. It looks like he is standing on an old oil drum (which I had to do once at Stamford Bridge). :tom:

finnster01

The sad thing is he looks more like Dickson Etuhu with a microphone :005:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

I can't stop laughing at it. :011: I mean laugh out loud funny. :011:

hesedmedia

epsomraver

Quote from: jarv on April 03, 2011, 03:36:33 PM
This is really weird :023: However, best to let it go because don't want to upset the man. It is outside the ground isn't it? If so, could be a target for vandalism which would really upset MAF. Oh dear!
The picture made me laugh to be honest. :005:
Could do a bunch of them, who's next Hugh Grant? David Hamilton? How about a mini madame Tussauds of famous Fulham people.

No it is in side the ground, back corner of the hammy end riverside side, tucked away thank God

mike_f

I don't think any opposition fans will bother gratifying it as it is already in an embarrassing condition  :027:

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Burt

:tom:

Looks awful.

Worst statue I have seen since I made a plastecine dalek in my infant school.

Burt

Some seriously funny comments on here:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112151&page=9

Most say the statue is a load of tosh, but one said they would have it in their garden any day, and another said it would have been more fitting for the riverside stand to be renamed the Michael Jackson stand in honour of him ( :tom: x loads).

alfie

to be honest i see no reason for supporters to get so uptight about it, it makes no difference to the team, the only thing i would say is that they could have got it to look more like the guy, that for me is the embarrasing bit.

Still i suppose it takes away the slagging off of our players for couple of hours.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WHITEwitch

Quote from: finnster01 on April 03, 2011, 03:39:38 PM
The sad thing is he looks more like Dickson Etuhu with a microphone :005:

Just spat tea all over the keyboard - spot on Finnster.

What a truly awful statue.  

Just having a quick chorus of ' That wacko jacko - he came here one time - he came here one time - he came here one t-i-i-ime.

Jimbobob

:023: :022: :029: :019::020: :020: :020: :022: :022: :doh: :doh: :doh: :032: :032: :036: :036:
:037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037: :037:

Okay I guess this isn't an April Fools Joke.
My lord that has got to go doesn't it?????
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

ron

No wonder Johnny has got his hands on his hips !

I just got back from the game, and luckily was in the JH, so didn't have to walk by it. As a matter of fact I was convinced like others that the whole thing was an April Fool joke.

Perhaps moving the piece of old tat nearer the river and letting a spring tide bear it away would be an idea

ron

..but let's let MJ have the last word  on what the statue looks like;

Go for it Mike...

"Because I'm Bad, I'm Bad
You Know It come on
(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)
You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-
You Know It, You Know
(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)
(And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now)
Just To Tell You Once Again,
(Just To Tell You Once Again)
Who's Bad . . ."

Blingo

Might just turn out to be a lucky mascot. We won today and won well.

But it is hideous. :036:

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead