watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

about the statue

Started by The Equalizer, April 01, 2011, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

I think we should all show our solidarity with Fayed and Fulham this sunday by wearing a single sequined white glove, or some other kind of Jacko get-up.

How mad would that be if 5,000 people turned up in white gloves and hats?

Heee-hee - chamone!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

And if anyone's going to attempt it, here's a shop in Camden that sells the gear:

http://www.escapade.co.uk/Michael-Jackson-Fancy-Dress.asp

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

I was thinking of turning up with a loony flea-infested chimp, or dangling someone's baby from the balcony of the cottage.

But then I remembered Jacko was one crumb short of a sandwich and so I will turn up in my traditional white Fulham top, Fulham fleece, etc.

Ooh... Wanna be starting something...

Airfix

No time for him.  Never did have.

FatFreddysCat

He touched me here , here and here .

McBridefan1

Yaaaaaaaay, an homage to pedophilia, what joy.   :020:  :tom: :red:

Burt

I recommend that we transition this thread to a jacko fan site.

zzamora

epsomraver

Tktd

I've never found a truer statement then this one... "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...

It may be tacky but if you look at it one day in a different mindset you'd be suprised how much you could grow or end up in general liking it.

os5889

Al Fayed: "If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell."

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: zzamora on April 03, 2011, 11:53:43 AM
And the statue is horrific

A good likeness then ? I hope it doesn't sing...  :035:

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

finnster01

From the Beeb:

In revealing plans to erect the statue, Mohamed Al Fayed said last month: "I hope many fans of his will visit the statue from far and wide. I hope that Fulham fans will appreciate seeing the finest performer in the world amongst them, the finest fans in the world." Today, in the face of widespread criticism of the move, he is somewhat more defiant. "Why is it bizarre?," he said after the unveiling. "Football fans love it. If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell. I don't want them to be fans. If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in they can go to Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else."

The Chairman is telling us to go to hell and Chelsea (which is the same thing).  :019:. So he doesn't want us as fans if we do not like Michael Jackson? Just shows again how little fans count these days.

Fulham was there before him, and will be there after him.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

I for one are struggling to understand, I think that is a very insulting remark to make, as Tom says :tom:has MJ got to do with fulham !

Admin

If it was a brass statue etc I could have swallowed it but this thing is an absolute eyesore!! It's not even a good resemblance, more like something that was made down the local Sunday school. For him to turn around and say "go to hell" is a little strong in my eyes and I can see all this causing problems.

epsomraver

As I just posted on another thread Finn, that is a bloody insult  :tom: has MJ got to do with Fulham

epsomraver

TheDaddy

A GIFT ?

Im never ever again going to moan about getting socks and pants for christmas/birthday !

looks bloody tardy.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Mr. F