more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

about the statue

Started by The Equalizer, April 01, 2011, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjax

ron

Old Mo has just been on the BBC News saying  the same thing about going to hell.

So, off to the 'Bridge then folks?

but seriously he could have chosen his words a little more carefully.....even £130million later?

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tktd

one of few it seems to give it that... 3 others in that photo have better things to do... IT'S A BLOODY STATUE. Stop making such a big deal out of it?

cebu

Ah, so you're indicating that you think that MJ is number one in your books?   :005:

mrska

Quote from: Tktd on April 03, 2011, 06:55:15 PM

one of few it seems to give it that... 3 others in that photo have better things to do... IT'S A BLOODY STATUE. Stop making such a big deal out of it?
I dont want it in the ground.. i have no respect for the individual.. Please dont tell me what to do.  Every person looking at it was laughing and using the words 'How embarrassing'... because thats what it is. PLEASE DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

finnster01

I am in Mr Ska's corner in a big way.

I obviously can't tell for sure, but if someone had hired a market research company to run a poll amongst Fulham fans if we want that statue at the Cottage or not, I am pretty sure that the responses would be north of 85% "No" and that is a very conservative estimate
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Motown

I've appreciated Fayed's financial input. I've never swallowed his reasons which were, let's face it, big flats for millionaires, and park us up - ahem, somewhere else. The numbers didn't match and never will. If the comment attributed to the Egyptian Grocer is true, it says much about his real contempt for the fans of this club :dead horse:

MJG

I'm no fan of it and it would be better elsewhere, but its done, lets just move on, forget about it and let the birds do there business.

RidgeRider

Quote from: mr_ska on April 03, 2011, 06:53:07 PM

Nice Dean!

A statue of a random superstar who has NOTHING to do with Fulham other than being a friend of the Chairman has NO place in a sports venue. Statues have always been of former players or managers, logically, who are to be honored for their contribution over a long period to the club. I won't judge Mo's reasons. It is his club and he can do what he wants but it is SO out of place I can't figure out why he would.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Motown on April 03, 2011, 07:05:11 PM
I've appreciated Fayed's financial input. I've never swallowed his reasons which were, let's face it, big flats for millionaires, and park us up - ahem, somewhere else. The numbers didn't match and never will. If the comment attributed to the Egyptian Grocer is true, it says much about his real contempt for the fans of this club :dead horse:

To say nothing for your contempt for him.

Judge him on what he's done for the club not what you imagine he may have wanted to do. If he'd wanted to close the club down and build flats he could have done so.

None of us like the statue but balanced against MAF's contribution to the club it's a very small matter. Without him we'd never have got anywhere near the Premier League.

Motown

Hugh Grant getting a munchie from some dodgy boiler called Devine, Where do you place it? All answers on a postcard etc, etc :dft012:

mrska

That was my protest...  a hand gesture..  made me feel better...  no eggs  no paint..  no nothing..  just a show of displeasure..  ill forget it now and avoid at all costs....  Some long term fans i go to football with couldnt even bring themselves to look at the thing...

OVER....

Rupert

Whilst not wanting to cramp anyone's style, isn't it lovely to be in the position where the biggest thing we are upset about is a statue?
Ah, for the good old days of threatened mergers, having the ground sold from under our feet to property developers, the club mere days from going out of business, relegation to the Conference looming... Whatever happened to them?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

cutbushcitylimits

why are all the press reporting that the statue is located outside the ground?

TheDon

agreed

Motown

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 03, 2011, 07:13:59 PM

To say nothing for your contempt for him.

Judge him on what he's done for the club not what you imagine he may have wanted to do. If he'd wanted to close the club down and build flats he could have done so.

None of us like the statue but balanced against MAF's contribution to the club it's a very small matter. Without him we'd never have got anywhere near the Premier League.

You are clearly an expert. But do not presume to preach to me about Fayed's motives.