watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

about the statue

Started by The Equalizer, April 01, 2011, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

look at it this way. we may be this weekends laughing stock of the premier league. but...

without Mo, we could very well be this weeks laughing stock of league 2.

at the end of the day, we are in the top flight because of his money, truly.

Tom

Quote from: epsomraver on April 03, 2011, 12:56:35 PM
I for one are struggling to understand, I think that is a very insulting remark to make, as Tom says :tom:has MJ got to do with fulham !
I love it, epsomraver gets it!  :54:
Fulham for life!

Tom

Fulham for life!

MJG

Quote from: psand22 on April 04, 2011, 04:56:31 AM
We can all get together. Have a few beers, and throw it in the River Thames, when he sells the club.
Sounds like a good plan.

Tom

Quote from: MJG on April 04, 2011, 06:53:43 AM
Quote from: psand22 on April 04, 2011, 04:56:31 AM
We can all get together. Have a few beers, and throw it in the River Thames, when he sells the club.
Sounds like a good plan.
+1!  I will fly to London to be part of that.
Fulham for life!

CincyFulham1

Quote from: TheDon on April 03, 2011, 07:41:48 PM
he`s probably looking for some buoys

Thanks TD, I just blew milk out of nose and all over my keyboard.

Tom

Quote from: mr_ska on April 03, 2011, 07:40:33 PM
No idea..  its between the Hammmersmith end and and Riverside.. Micheal is overlooking the Thames..
He belongs in the Thames and to be swimming with the fish's.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Fulham for life!

WhiteJC

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/859855-fulhams-michael-jackson-statue-haters-can-be-chelsea-fans-al-fayed

Fulham's Michael Jackson statue haters 'can be Chelsea fans' - Al Fayed
Fulham chairman Mohammed Al Fayed has told fans they can 'go to hell' if they do not appreciate the new Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage.

Al Fayed, a close friend of the late performer, caused controversy after announcing he had decided to place the tribute to Jackson outside the Cottagers' stadium.

The statue was commissioned following Jackson's death in June 2009 and was due to be erected at Harrods before Al Fayed sold the Knightsbridge store.

The decision to relocate it to Craven Cottage is likely to divide opinion.

Jackson's links to Fulham are tenuous – he watched one game there as a guest of Al Fayed in 1999, who said: 'Why is it bizarre? If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell.

'I don't want them to be fans.

'If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in they can go to Chelsea, can go to anywhere else.'

LONDON, ENGLAND - APRIL 03: Fulham chairman Mohamed Al Fayed unveils a statue in tribute to Michael Jackson prior to the Barclays Premier League match between Fulham and Blackpool at Craven Cottage on April 3, 2011 in London, England. (Photo by Ian Walton/Getty Images) 03/04/2011

Blingo

At least everyone now knows that MAF is of the opinion that we should all agree with what he thinks or we are totally insignificant. I dont give a poo how much he has spent on the club, he has gone down three notches in my estimation today. COME ON YOU BLUES.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I'm suprised people are suprised by this MAF is a very exccentric and outspoken man,he does not understand that people can disagree with him.The difference is we will still be here when MAF has sold up and gone,that statue won't!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Am I the only one who had a laugh at Mo comment ?????
It just shows that he reads the Offie doesn't it ???
How may of us have been told to shove off to Chelsea by someone who lost an argument ??
Mo knows its naff

The Statue is indeed VERY UGLY, but if Fulham are going to open up the walkway it will get people passing to stop and look, and have a coffee and a bun or a toasted whatnot.  Extra money that we could well do with.  

WHITEwitch

We were talking about it over Mothering Sunday dinner last night and reached the general conclusion that it is SO bad we will probably come to love it.

Fulham has never been a conformist sort of club and this thing does add to our general quirkiness. 

Seeing the reactions on the news and MOTD I was actually warming to the awful thing.

Blingo

Got to disagree with you B. MAF can pee the 100 or 500k that will come from people stopping and looking. How are they going to do that unless they are in the stadium and the Riverside in particular?
He meant what he said and there was nothing tongue in cheek about it. He should apologise to ALL FFC supporters for the "if you don't like it go to chelsea" comment. It was VERY wrong in my personal view. Oh and if you do read this MAF, don't forget that people like me were with FFC long before you and will be after you have gone.

Blingo

well I suppose that if he falls into the river he'll be ok as he'll be wearing his peado's.

TonyGilroy

The crazy thing is that it truly is dreadful tat. Imagine our outrage if the Haynes statue had been of that "quality"

LBNo11

...so the Fayed Folly leads to a Ratners style rant, and at the risk of sounding a bit precious, I take strong exception to be told by anyone that I am "stupid", and can "go to hell" and to go and support another team over an unwanted 'gift'.

I did not go to look at that carbunkle on the backside of Craven Cottage, I went to watch a game of football and support my team Fulham FC, at a ground that I have been going to for 45 years. I don't understand people who now accept the statue and blow over the insulting statements made to the fans who dislike it - maybe you could put it down to me being a bit eccentric (but without the money and influence)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlFayedsChequebook

Why do people take offence when Mo lashes out at his critics? Are you really that weak willed that you go crying off because some guy aimed some remarks at a generalised section of people?

If he said 'people with blue cars should go to hell' would you get upset too?

TonyGilroy

Fayed's public personna is that of an eccentric clown.

Now that's clearly not the real person but so much of what he says is not intended to be taken seriously.

You can certainly argue that any non FFC statue is inappropriate and that an MJ statue is doubly inappropriate because of the "allegations" about his private life.

You can also look at the object and judge it as tat no matter where it's put.

The fact is though that for whatever reason this is what MAF wants and it is inevitable that his reaction to critics will be that they can go to hell.

If people want to take that personally then so be it but I think they should put into the equation all the good that MAF has done for the club and, therefore, for all of us.

ron

LB....I think you've just coined the name forever* of the offending piece of... er....art with  "Fayed's Folly".

..although "Mo's Monstrosity" has a ring of truth about it.

*or until it gets brittle in the sunlight and falls to pieces...or becomes the subject of guerrilla action by stupid fans....even now I can hear the sound of outboard motors on inflatable boats upstream !