watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AJ To West Brom For £3 Mill

Started by White Noise, April 10, 2011, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/04/10/andy-jonhson-set-for-summer-move-to-west-brom-102039-23049957/

Andy Jonhson set for summer move to West Brom

Apr 10 2011

by Steve Bates, The People

ANDY JOHNSON is heading to West Brom this summer in a £3million switch from Fulham, with Baggies boss Roy Hodgson set to lose Peter Odemwingie to Juventus.

Former Fulham boss Hodgson is keen to link up again with 30-year-old Johnson, even though the ex-England striker has been hit by injuries over the past two seasons.

And with Odemwingie, 29, being targeted for an £8m summer move to Turin, Hodgson plans to draft in Johnson. Losing Odemwingie will be a big blow if Albion stay up.

But the Nigerian flyer, signed from Lokomotiv Moscow for only £1m last summer, has attracted plenty of interest after hitting 10 goals in 23 league games this term.

SmithyFFC

FTID

Tom

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on April 10, 2011, 01:39:44 AM
£3 million?! Yes please!
Hell yeah! Take the money and we can bring someone in who is better.
Fulham for life!

epsomraver

What and lose 10 million on the sale? not good business

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: epsomraver on April 10, 2011, 10:08:46 AM
If you can find someone to buy him for £13 million i'm sure the Chairman would gladly give you enough money to happily retire. In the meantime i think £3 million is good business .

Mr Fulham

Me-ate-Live, innit??

This must be jurno talk ..................Why would Roy one of his Fulham mistakes,   
look at the strike force he has :
Marcus Haber                        
Giles Barnes
Roman Bednar
Carlos Alberto Vela
Peter Osaze Odemwingie

And he has a great midfield  that can score goals
Somen Tchoyi
James Morrison
Chris Brunt
Steven Reid
Jerome Thomas
Graham Dorrans

We will not be able to offload AJ that easly, but I am sure there are those that would not want to
seen as he :  'Works sooooooooo hard'.

HatterDon

Quote from: KCat on April 10, 2011, 02:01:52 PM
This must be jurno talk ..................Why would Roy one of his Fulham mistakes,   
look at the strike force he has :
Marcus Haber                        
Giles Barnes
Roman Bednar
Carlos Alberto Vela
Peter Osaze Odemwingie

And he has a great midfield  that can score goals
Somen Tchoyi
James Morrison
Chris Brunt
Steven Reid
Jerome Thomas
Graham Dorrans

We will not be able to offload AJ that easly, but I am sure there are those that would not want to
seen as he :  'Works sooooooooo hard'.

Problem with your argument is, Ms. KCat, that Vela is on loan and will go back to Arsenal after the season, and Odemwinge is refusing to talk contract at all and will also not be available to WBA come next season.

Having said that, I think the article is garbage.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whiteroom

I actually think that 3M is quite a fair price. He is playing quite well for us at the moment. We would have scored fewer goals without him. There are a number of teams in the league who I think would benefit from what AJ can offer.

RidgeRider

Quote from: White Noise on April 10, 2011, 12:40:55 AM
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/04/10/andy-jonhson-set-for-summer-move-to-west-brom-102039-23049957/

Andy Jonhson set for summer move to West Brom

Apr 10 2011

by Steve Bates, The People

ANDY JOHNSON is heading to West Brom this summer in a £3million switch from Fulham, with Baggies boss Roy Hodgson set to lose Peter Odemwingie to Juventus.

Former Fulham boss Hodgson is keen to link up again with 30-year-old Johnson, even though the ex-England striker has been hit by injuries over the past two seasons.

And with Odemwingie, 29, being targeted for an £8m summer move to Turin, Hodgson plans to draft in Johnson. Losing Odemwingie will be a big blow if Albion stay up.

But the Nigerian flyer, signed from Lokomotiv Moscow for only £1m last summer, has attracted plenty of interest after hitting 10 goals in 23 league games this term.

Who are we going to get for £3M that will add more than AJ has been lately.....unless we get lucky? Not sure I agree with any of what's been said other than Hatters contention that this article is garbage.

Logicalman

RR,
Well it IS the People rag, not exactly Gods gift to journalism or spouting the truth.

King_Crud

We're a bit overstaffed in the striking department, I wouldn't be too sad to see AJ go for £3m, even though i like the guy

RidgeRider

Quote from: King_Crud on April 11, 2011, 01:20:30 PM
We're a bit overstaffed in the striking department, I wouldn't be too sad to see AJ go for £3m, even though i like the guy

Only thing is who do we have really? Zamora of course is not replaceable, we have Guddy on loan and no guarentees he would be back for another season. Dembele is not a proper striker, and has proven it. We have to assume EJ and Kamara are gone in the summer. So that leaves us with BZ and AJ, that's it.

Oh we could throw in Dempsey but very few seem to think he is a proper striker though his goal tally might suggest otherwise.

I guess as long as BZ is healthy, we could always play a Moussa or Clint off of him but for next season we don't have any other options except AJ, unless we keep Guddy or add another body.

MJG

I would like one of the younger strikers promoted at least to the matchday squad/subs bench.

Mr Fulham

Mousa considers himself to be a midfielder.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 11, 2011, 11:19:56 PM

But he plays, as a striker
FTID

BlacknWhite

Quote from: Whiteroom on April 11, 2011, 12:33:57 AM
I actually think that 3M is quite a fair price. He is playing quite well for us at the moment. We would have scored fewer goals without him. There are a number of teams in the league who I think would benefit from what AJ can offer.
I too feel as if £3 mill would be a good price, his injuries over the past couple of seasons have set him back and I don't think he has performed well. He has featured in almost every game this season and only scored a handful of goals, unlike a striker should. I say let him go and get a better replacement.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on April 11, 2011, 11:34:10 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 11, 2011, 11:19:56 PM

But he plays, as a striker

His position is a bit difficult to define - he plays a supporting striker role in a deep-lying position and with a lot of technique and skill instead of troubling the defenders. He doesn't play a proper striker role. He's somewhere in between.

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on April 10, 2011, 10:08:46 AM

Lose £10million? We bought him for that 3 years ago and we lost it then. Never my favourite signing. Getting anything for him now is good business in my eyes.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

White Noise

I really like AJ as a player and would be sorry to lose him.

He is only just 30 and still has a good turn of speed - I think we will get our money's worth out of him in good time. He works hard and causes problems for defences and there are not many players like him available to clubs like Fulham. He brings a different dimension to our play and I get the sense that Zamora likes playing with him.

He ticks all the boxes in terms of what I want from a Fulham player and I think he has come back well from his difficult injury spell.