News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Flag for Mr Fayed, how many on here would contribute to costs..?

Started by LBNo11, February 22, 2010, 01:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

Quote from: BarneyTravers on April 30, 2010, 12:13:40 AM
Wouldn't half be nice if we could fasttrack one through for Hamburg!

I'd up me score to £40!

Fulham for the cup

yes come on lads, let's get one done for the final.

Jimpav

Quote from: Jimpav on April 13, 2010, 10:13:41 AM
Much as I admire the new designs I do think that a simple "Thank you" is suffice.

It's important to have the old and new logo as this emphasises how far we have progressed under Big Mom.

If we make it to the finals I'll up my original pledge to a tenner - if we win, I'll go to a score!

Tenner it is!

boxhockcycsock

Put me down for a five-spot. PM me when this begins to get off the ground, as I sometimes get caught up in my schoolwork and cannot check FoF as regularly as I'd like.
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

manxman

how far along is this getting on ?  ill chip a fiver in  :015:
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Banstead White

Yep I would be happy to pop in a few quid as a thanks for all he has done for this club.....i had misgivings when he first pitched up and MA left etc etc but i recall when Paul Peschi made his home debut looked to my son commented on his pace which was way above the standard we had been used to and said...there's a million pound footballer.......i was a MAF lover from that point on.......mind you i had been a muff lover before then and some say i still am.......
Roysie

NorthWestWhite

Is everyone still good for doing this? I'd be more than happy to donate a tenner.

LBNo11

...due tio business commitments I have not been able to devote any time to pursuing this, but that is not the only problem.

1) Everyone has different ideas about what it should look like and how it should be worded and what size - who makes the final decision?

2) If anyone would like to form a committee of say four people to sort this out I can pass on all the details I have to keep this alive.

3) We need all the designs put together and whittled down to the final design.

4) We need a treasurer and collection point for the money.

This needs proper organisation - after the Johnny Haynes statue campaign I am aware that different ideas need to be 'bounced around' and someone has to take responsibility with the backing of the fans.

Anyone interested in sticking their heads above the parapet to be shot at  - please PM me and I will try to link you to each other...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fulhamwannabe

LBNo11

...on September 4th I gave the opportunity for others to become involved in the project, a project that gets lots of passive support with offers of funding, but no hands on management. Despite many varying views on what the wording and image should show, no more has happened.

The last message I sent 25 days ago and over 700 people have viewed it but not one offer of practical support or involvement.

I very much doubt that the 6,700 views this message has received have the faith in me to do everything - choose the design and wording (although all my proposals have  been widely disagreed with) and the size of the flag, and for me to have to look after it and store it! And still no word from the club about size and safety or storage issues.

Sadly I can only conclude that this subject is to be shut down - maybe pending resurrection at a later date...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Me tooooooooooooooooo
Ooops been away
....................and I will help  if I can, I have Faith, but  where Hope and Charity  ?????????

Jimpav

Ed, I can understand your frustration and can see why you are ready to pull the thread. I had high hopes for the flag but am one of the apathetic many. I would be happy to assist with the storage etc on matches when I can attend but sadly this would not be every home game. O a suitable rota could be agreed on then I would volunteer.

If the flag project does not get off the ground then I am happy to donate the tenner I pledged to a local charity or to another worthy cause.

On a separate note thanks for the great work you and the FoF mods do.

finnster01

Obviously with me not being on the other side of the pond I can't be of much help but I'd be happy to chip in abit with the rest of them economically.

Rather than start with "how big" and what wonderful "prose" to put on it and determine cost, what if we start in the other end see how much money we can collect. That will determine everything else. Then what we do is take some of the funds to rent a storage space or locker somewhere. We can even put the big drum in there if there is no other place to store it or other major Fulham paraphernalia (to avoid the club bollocks about not allow us to store it on the grounds etc.) and also that would allow someone with a key to pick it up and even take it on the road for each game. It wouldn't fill someones garage or basement, they wouldn't have to be home every weekend to either go or pass the flag to someone else etc.

Just my tuppence on the matter. I would hate to see the idea die though, and it is not fair that we put all the work on Mr Ed's shoulders either. There should be a way to figure this out.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead