News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Flag for Mr Fayed, how many on here would contribute to costs..?

Started by LBNo11, February 22, 2010, 01:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...I notice that on TiFF some posters have been looking at the idea of getting a large flag dedicated to Mr Fayed made with his face on, the old and the new club badge and 'Thank You' or similar written on this.

It would probably be bigger than the Johnny Haynes one and be passed around the HE.

If this does happen how many on here would be prepared to stump up £5 or £10 - or more? If we have a reasonable list I will post on TiFF our intentions to support the campaign.

Thanks...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

The Equalizer

Get me a flag for Bobby Z instead! ;)

Actually, it's a decent idea and a nice gesture to someone who has really made our club. But I can't help but feel a bit dirty pandering to the man's ego...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

Sure.

I think a gesture of that sort would be appropriate and hopefully appreciated.

I'm a bit concerned that he hasn't been coming to matches recently. I hope he's OK.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Yep I'll put a few quid in for that,very worth while me thinks ;D

Jimpav

No objections to putting in a fiver or so.

Where do you get to get a giant flag made?

Maybe any excess could be split between the two websites running costs.

billhertford

Well as he put in millions,& gave Roy a job, I would be happy to donate a few bob. :)

os5889

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

LBNo11

...Eq, to put it into perspective, he has been pandering to our egos also, without his redirection of finances we would be a league 1 or 2 team with 5 or 7,000 crowds on a sunny day in April against Bentford or Orient. Mr Fayed hears our thanks - now we could show it...

WhiteJC

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 22, 2010, 02:11:57 PM
Sure.

I think a gesture of that sort would be appropriate and hopefully appreciated.

I'm a bit concerned that he hasn't been coming to matches recently. I hope he's OK.

apparently he's had a minor knee operation, at least that's waht they said on 5 Live(?) yesterday

LB, put me down for £10

GoldCoastWhite

I'd be happy to put in at least a fiver, or the equivalent in South Pacific pesos  ;)

LBNo11

...WhiteJC, can you do one of your works of art:-

Old FFC badge - Mr Fayed's face - new badge

and 'Thank You'

White Noise

Count me in for a few bob but what should the flag have on it?

A picture of MAF and 'Take me home'  or does that seem too passport related.

Just the words under his boat 'Thank You' - ?

Or something like 'Pure Black & White' - or does that have racial overtones?

The Equalizer

A pic of his mush with the legend:

"Keeping Fulham Supporters cheering since 1997. Thank You."
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

THANK YOU[/

LRCN

there was a great idea on tiff about the MAF face looking like him from far away but as you get closer you see that it's made up of this during his time - reckon that's possible?

BarneyTravers

Definetely contribute...be delighted if it gets off the ground.

Oakeshott

Great idea and I'll gladly put in a tenner.

Perhaps even more to the point, perhaps we should organise a petition to demand he be given a British passport, as via Harrods and Fulham he is a significant UK employer and someone who has contributed more than many.