News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Flag for Mr Fayed, how many on here would contribute to costs..?

Started by LBNo11, February 22, 2010, 01:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watfordwhite

£10 well spent I think. Count me in. ( I'll talk to the wife when it comes to washing the thing )

Fernhurst

Quote from: billhertford on February 22, 2010, 02:26:18 PM
Well as he put in millions,& gave Roy a job, I would be happy to donate a few bob. :)

I think LB will confirm The Johnny Haynes Statue fund did not cover all the costs and would not have been completed on time except for substanial support from our generous sponsor.

Put me down for tenner as these really are..... "The best of times"

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

Chopper

Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Chopper

.. also agree a cult zeros style face might be more effective from a distance. Think the slogan needs to be simple as well;

"Chairman Mo - Brought us Home"

Not sure that's any better ...
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

MrCheviot

Felt like playing around in PS a bit  myself (+aware the proportions are off). Just a concept at any rate.

"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

The Equalizer

I'll chuck a lady Godiva at it too. I love the one El Bee posted on Facebook. Got it as my Blackberry wallpaper now.

The only thing - with that many colours it's gonna be a rooting tooting expensive bit of linen!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

KCat

Great idea but perhaps include the future
Karim and Omar

Omar Al Fayed

Nationality: Egypt
Student
« Back to List

The youngest son of the Harrods tycoon has been groomed since birth to take over the lead role in his father's business empire. In 2006, aged just 19, he was appointed to the Harrods board and in ten subsidiary companies including Fulham FC and the Ritz Hotel in Paris.

Although Al Fayed has never been given a specific position at the firm, Harrods suggested that he would become increasingly involved in the business and he has since been touted as the luxury department's natural successor.

Despite resigning from this role just last month to pursue his studies for an MBA, a spokesperson for the London-based department store has confirmed that there are no plans to replace Al Fayed, prompting speculation that he will return to the board after his studies.

also..
not forgetting Karim

Hidden Harrods: the hearing centre of Mohamed Fayed's deaf son
Anna Davis
In a small basement room under the world's most famous shop, Mohamed Fayed's son is quietly creating his own empire.

Karim Fayed, who has been profoundly deaf since the age of two when he suffered meningitis, has set up a hearing centre to help others.

It offers free tests and bespoke hearing aids within a few days. Prices start from around £1,000 for each ear.

Half of all profits from the Karim Fayed Hearing Centre, which he says has some of the most advanced equipment in the country, go to Mary Hare — a residential school in Newbury for deaf children that he attended from the age of 11.

Karim, 25, who speaks perfectly, and lip reads as well as using hearing aids, refuses to see deafness as a disability.

He said: "I never felt different. You have to be yourself — it doesn't matter if you are blind, deaf or have one hand, you still have to believe in yourself.

"Being deaf has not shaped me as a person. My development has nothing to do with being deaf. I am a positive person — otherwise this [the hearing centre] would never have come out."

Karim came up with the idea of creating a hearing centre in November 2007. He put the idea to his father, who allowed him to use a space on the lower ground floor of Harrods which had previously been an office.

Karim said his father is proud of what he has achieved, while seeing it as a good business.

He said: "My dad said this is a good opportunity. It is important to have something that Harrods would benefit from. It is a service no one else offers, but it has the charity side as well."

The centre had a low-profile launch in July last year but is proving a success. Karim wants to open other branches, and will ensure the charity element of the business is maintained.

Describing his hopes for the future, he said: "It's to do with having better success away from here. I want to show I can do it myself, as a challenge. I feel I have earned something from this."

He also wants to raise the profile of Mary Hare school. He added: "I want to repay them. Without their support I would have been a different person. The staff gave me the confidence to pursue my goals."

Karim has arguably the lowest profile of the Fayed family and has given very few interviews. He lives in Mayfair, and has a long-term partner Brenda Costa and daughter Antonia.

He added: "People with hearing loss should never give up hope. You should try to find the best way of overcoming your problems. I don't see myself as a role model, but we have the equipment."

fulhamguy

COYW!

Papa

Hi lads. I'm new to the forum (though not to the Fulham) and thought I'd mock something up.

How's this?

Scrumpy

Yep, I would definately donate £10 upwards. When I think of the happiness that he has given Fulham Fans over the years, it is the least we can do. It would be great if FOF got this off the ground, because it seems to have faltered over on TIFF.

I think the simple black/red and white 'Thank you' that White JC produced is perfect. I also like Papa's b/w one - but maybe with a red 'Thank you' across it. I don't think we should cloud the issue with anything that could be construed as a 'dig' or 'political' (ie "thanks for taking us home"). And let's get this done while the guy is still alive, for gawd's sake.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

...welcome Papa and a good version, very 'CultZero' as some suggested, and I like it. The thank you in red should be included in my opinion, and a Fulham badge (or two) maybe should differentiate it from another black and white team.

How about 'Thank you Mo' the 'Thank' in the first black segment and the 'You Mo' in the other
and the old and the new badge also in each segment, maybe a little smaller in dimensions, but big enough to be recognisable...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Brede Butter Pudding

Will FOF set up a paypal account for this or something? If so I'll happily donate £10

LBNo11

...there are logistics to be sorted out first, Barney Travers can help as he has his own flag so he can tell us where he bought his from and we can get costs.

How big has the flag got to be to be large enough to be seen and impressive, and yet be maneuverable and easily stored.

I think that a paypal account set up is the best way for most and I beleive TiFF already have a flag fund account that Orm set up.

We need to ask Orm where he got his Johnny Haynes flag from and an idea of costs and sizes.

Also this should transcend which website did what, it should be a combined effort of Fulham fans from both sites.

And of course the design has to be agreed - life is never simple - but as said, we should do it sooner than later...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TheDon

manxman

here you go boys, hope this helps with size , price etc.

http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/

if you go on gallery you'll see 2 fulham flags :)
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Hazey

£10 from me no problem.

Without MAF on my arrival in the UK Chelsea would of been my closest team and I can't bear the thought of.....well actually I probably wouldn't follow anyone if I am honest.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club