News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is today the day Ancelotti craps in his own bed and gets sacked?

Started by finnster01, April 12, 2011, 07:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Ancelotti will be fired after Chelsea gets eliminated from the CL today?

Yes
1 (4.8%)
No
2 (9.5%)
Gets to hang around until the summer
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cebu

White Noise

Yes. Its Man Utds season for some reason and Abramovich has already decided to off the Italian.

finnster01

I think he will be kicked out. This has Gus Hiddink written all over it again.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rupert

Sorry, I was looking for the "Couldn't care less" option, it doesn't show up on my screen, obviously a computer fault. :011:

When we played our nearest and dearest neighbours a while back, I found myself next to a very polite and well behaved Squatters supporter (they do exist) and we got to discussing chairmen and their approach to letting managers manage, her comment was that we have a diamond of a chairman, which I thought was quite a nice compliment. She agreed that hers had an itchy trigger finger at this stage of the season, and that this was far more of a hinderence than a help.

Hmm, Chelsea, the new Tottenham?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Oakeshott

The Russian has paid a huge price for getting rid of Jose - if he had stayed at the Bridge they'd have won the Champions League by now.

Mr Fulham

I really think Chelsea's new manager will be Guus Hiddink - but in July, not now.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 12, 2011, 10:55:12 PM
I really think Chelsea's new manager will be Guus Hiddink - but in July, not now.

Ancelloti has only been keeping Hiddink's place warm. If they hadn't done so well last season, he'd have left last summer.

Has anybody other than me figured out that Italian managers aren't really what's needed in England? They're too cautious, as are those non-Italians who still manage as if they're in SerieA -- Houllier, Hodgson, etc.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BalDrick

No real sense in getting shot this morning but he's out on his arse come season end, absolutely guaranteed.

Have a feeling they'll look at Benitez - may have been the plan all along with getting Torres in. But as Peyton has said on the other board, they've got a huge clearance of dead wood to do this summer. Terry and Lampard are past it for a start.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on April 13, 2011, 03:16:13 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 12, 2011, 10:55:12 PM

Ancelloti has only been keeping Hiddink's place warm. If they hadn't done so well last season, he'd have left last summer.

Has anybody other than me figured out that Italian managers aren't really what's needed in England? They're too cautious, as are those non-Italians who still manage as if they're in SerieA -- Houllier, Hodgson, etc.

Don, I would have thought that crass generalisations are beyond you.

Houllier never managed in Italy, nor was he influenced by an Italian style.

Hodgson seemed to do pretty well for us.

Ancelotti was doing well (a double in his FIRST season remember) and was denied much more money to replace an ageing squad before having £50m thrust in the direction of Torres, a man who the team needs to be built around to be effective.

I will add Mourinho to the 'Italian' School, he seemed to know his way around a few league titles...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on April 13, 2011, 09:16:34 AM
Houllier never managed in Italy, nor was he influenced by an Italian style.

As technical director of the FFF and manager of PSG, Lens and Lyon (et al.) , I'd suggest that Monsieur Houllier was influenced by the French school of football (as it goes, Ligue Un is a defensive league these days - much more so than the current Serie A, as the goals per match statistics show).

Plus, Houllier won six trophies during his time in the Premiership with Liverpool. I'd suggest the problem is with Villa, not Houllier.

White Noise

Quote from: BalDrick on April 13, 2011, 09:14:20 AM
No real sense in getting shot this morning but he's out on his arse come season end, absolutely guaranteed.

Have a feeling they'll look at Benitez - may have been the plan all along with getting Torres in. But as Peyton has said on the other board, they've got a huge clearance of dead wood to do this summer. Terry and Lampard are past it for a start.

I wonder whether they will use the clear out to get their average wage down. They pay far too much to far too many mediocre players.

BalDrick

Quote from: White Noise on April 13, 2011, 09:27:32 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on April 13, 2011, 09:14:20 AM

I wonder whether they will use the clear out to get their average wage down. They pay far too much to far too many mediocre players.

Imagine their latest signing is on a whack. The Russian has pumped ludicrous amounts of money into still not winning the Champions League, were he to rein back the wage bill it's not going to be any more likely he'll get his filthy hands on that trophy. Not exactly down to his last million either is he?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town