News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I the only one (except Mr Blingo) who thinks this is the weekend...

Started by finnster01, April 18, 2011, 10:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

we get safe?

Not necessarily mathematically, but for all intents and purposes. Haven't looked at all possibilities and all that, but after this (Wolves) weekend it should be all right to break in Fat Boy Stockdale again and other experiments for the next few games.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

It's about half a million quid per place in the league, so as much as we or Hughes might want to experiment, there's no way it'll happen.

It's only a matter of time before we're safe though (and win or draw against Wolves I think too) - we're getting close to the point where most bookies will no longer accept bets:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on April 18, 2011, 10:43:39 PM
It's about half a million quid per place in the league, so as much as we or Hughes might want to experiment, there's no way it'll happen.

It's only a matter of time before we're safe though (and win or draw against Wolves I think too) - we're getting close to the point where most bookies will no longer accept bets:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation
Oh no, the bookies will take the bets, the punters won't though
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

We're already safe, Mr. Finn. But I do think this is the weekend we put wind up Saxons.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

Definitely safe. Too many teams below and they all can't win. Recent weeks have seen results go Fulham's way. Last weekend the only teams below us to win were when the lower teams play each other. (Wigan and Villa last week at the expense of Blackpool and west ham) :wine:

TonyGilroy

The problem is that if Wolves beat us they can expect to get better than 38 points. Lose to them and Bolton and we'll be in panic mode.

I expect at least a draw at Wolves which would see us safe IMO.

BalDrick

Whilst we may not have enough points yet, I'm confident we will have by the end of the season. It is a 6-pointer on Saturday though, added to all the noise they made upon reading some home truths from Murph will, or should, create a cauldron.

Horrible fans (second only to Stoke), horrible team (see previous comment), would love them to go down and never return (again, see previous comment, though sadly that won't happen this season).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

SG

We are away so we will not win. I expect us to draw at best but that is probably sufficient.

ImperialWhite

Just got my tickets! Let's see if I can improve upon my away record:
P3 W0 D1 L2

Prediction:

Wolves 1 - Fulham 1 (Zamora free kick, naturally)