watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Open Training Day

Started by fulham151, April 19, 2011, 09:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulham151

Hi. Did anyone else go the Motspur Park yesterday for the Open Training? I was very impressed with the organisation of it. Vast majority of the players were very happy to sign autographs, pose for pictures and have a chat. Mark Hughes gave a speech at the end to thank everyone for their support and came over as very warm and humorous. AJ was missing as he was in solitary confinement in the gym with tonsilitis. John Pantsil is the only player who did not stay to sign autographs, just dashed straight in.

Whiteroom

I didnt even know it was happening. I would have liked to have gone though. I've never been down to Motspur. Do they do it every season?

mike_f

Seems like JP is a right twaddle. Good riddance.

The Equalizer

Quote from: mike_f on April 19, 2011, 10:45:30 AM

That's completely unfair. The guy played his heart out, no matter how much ability he's got. He always applauded the supporters at every game, whether or not he was playing. The guy is a gentleman, he just doesn't fit in with Mark Hughes' plans or the club anymore. Something clearly has him riled and he probably just wants to keep his head down until he can leave the club.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

In the Enclosure

You are right Equalizer - He was probably just trying to avoid the obvious questions - although to be fair  him he trained very well and it was good to hear the players and Mark Bowen  all calling him Johnny P and applauding his efforts. Also Zoltan came and signed plenty of Autographs - Really nice set of guys in the team and Mark Hughes was very relaxed and warm towards the supporters.

michaelread

Wrong, when the club visited Australia, John was the ONLY player to sign shirts and have a chat after. The others escaped out a back entrance and we never saw them once. AJ popped his head out to call Johnny P in, but thats about it.

Whiteroom

This may be a joke (I hope). JP is probably the friendliest and best mannered player in the squad. I met him a while ago and he was lovely. I don't think any other player loves Fulham more. He is probably feeling hurt that Fulham doesn't want him so much anymore.

mrska

My Brother  (Otterffc) went a few years back.. and he has a great time..  the only person not to stick around on that occasion was Paul Konchesky, who was 'ill'..

I used to got down to Motspur Park to watch the reserves a few years back and mix freely with the players. Barry Hayles and Maik Taylor were brilliant and chatted away for ages.. as did Lee Clarke.. my old favourite player.

Seems alot stricter these days.. Id loved to of gone this year.

Brede Butter Pudding

Etuhu's and Pantsil's reason for leaving early could be because of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/9461573.stm

Emotions elsewhere possibly?

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Equalizer on April 19, 2011, 11:17:22 AM

That's completely unfair. The guy played his heart out, no matter how much ability he's got. He always applauded the supporters at every game, whether or not he was playing. The guy is a gentleman, he just doesn't fit in with Mark Hughes' plans or the club anymore. Something clearly has him riled and he probably just wants to keep his head down until he can leave the club.

Agreed. If he is on the way out why get emotionally attached or stay attached with the supporters. He has done enough in his time here for the supporters and perhaps he has other things on his mind, could have been sick...who knows.