watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Giant killing............

Started by cutbushcitylimits, April 19, 2011, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutbushcitylimits

Just thought i would relay a little story of a local sunday league side over here that pulled off a great shock in Irelands equiv of the league cup.
Sat/Sun leagues over here are taken very seriously and clubs are run very well with fantastic ammenities,but it is what it is local Sunday league.
One such team in Inishowen Cockhill Celtic qualified for the 1st round of the FAI cup as a resutl of winning the Ulster cup or something like that and were drawn away to premier league team Galway Utd....Not much hope there then but...........they went and won 3-1 !!!!!
So as a result they now have another premier league club Sligo Rovers at thier home ground this Easter Monday.
Nowwere not talking Man utd but its a pretty good feat by a bunch of plasterers,shop assistants and the like....so good luck Cockhill.

mrska

Cant beat a good Giant Killing..  unless it's us on the end of one!! :yay:

Whiteroom

Just shows, its 11 men against 11 men.

cutbushcitylimits

I'll be there on Monday cheering on the guys(all my sons mates and a few customers and friends)so i will keep you updated.

mrska

Quote from: cutbushcitylimits on April 20, 2011, 12:08:11 AM
I'll be there on Monday cheering on the guys(all my sons mates and a few customers and friends)so i will keep you updated.
Nice1...  fingers crossed for your lads CBCL..

BarryP

I've always been fond of an underdog.  May the giants keep falling!
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Tktd

Quote from: Whiteroom on April 19, 2011, 11:49:40 PM
Just shows, its 11 men against 11 men.

GENIUS! Never would have known. Amazing what you can learn on here. ha ha.