watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR next season

Started by MGBadrock, April 21, 2011, 06:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGBadrock

I'm a Fulham fan from Australia and I got a question.  I know we have a bit of a hatred with Chelsea but in terms of their fans and in relation to derbies they tend to look more towards other clubs as having more of a rivalry.  Does Fulham have more of a sincere rivalry with QPR and will it be more heated next season?  Will this rate more highly as a derby?

TonyGilroy

Simple answer is yes because QPR seem to have a resentment of our recent status.

We've actually not played them often. Until late 60s they were usually 3rd division which we almost never were. They then took our place in the top division whilst we scrambled around the lower leagues.

They'd been relegated by the time we got promoted.

Apart from a few second division seasons in the 70s and 80s we've hardly played them in the league.

Whiteroom

They're not closer, but I think there is more of a mutual rivalry. I am really looking forward to playing QPA. I think it'll be a pretty hot atmosphere.

F(f)CUK

I have less respect for QPR supporters than for Chelsea as when we played them for the first time since Al Fayed took over they started fights at the Cottage.

Airfix

QP-who?

Non-entities who will disappear from the Prem as quickly as they arrived.

sipwell

Mr. Airfix's opinion doesn't count as he gives wrong information. Either the bunny had pancakeS on its head or it are cookies. But not "pancake" as Mr. Airfix claims.  :022:

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jack Fulham

I am looking forward to the QPR derby. It's much more likely we will win it compared to the Chelsea one as well. Our recent success and their lack of it will surely make it a heated affair. The fact that Colin is there manager is even better because he hates us. I am too young to have been to any League games against QPR mainly because we've never really ventured in the same ones the last 20 years but I did attend the pre-season friendly in the Sanchez season which we lost and they were well up for it. I do remember when we resided at Loftus Road though and it was shite!

Anyhow, I cannot wait to face them next season, I am sure it will be a great game.

Rupert

I've always seen the QPR-Fulham rivalry as very similar to the Fulham-Chelsea rivalry, where one team regards the other as the Great Satan to mostly indifference on the other team's part. A lot of our lot are obsessed with beating the Squatters, to the exclusion of everything else, similarly a lot of QPHa's fans would probably settle for relegation with only six points, just so long as they picked all six up from us (slight exaggeration, but I'm sure you get my drift).

Now, if Brentford ever made it to the Premiership, it really would be our solemn duty to utterly destroy them.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

sipwell

Has it something to do with the reputation of their fans or am I incorrect in thinking that some of them are "likely" to fight? Perhaps they consider Fulham as "sissies"?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jack Fulham on April 21, 2011, 02:14:08 PM
I am looking forward to the QPR derby. It's much more likely we will win it compared to the Chelsea one as well. Our recent success and their lack of it will surely make it a heated affair. The fact that Colin is there manager is even better because he hates us.

Anyhow, I cannot wait to face them next season, I am sure it will be a great game.

I agree with this. They should be tense matches from a fans perspective. The players likely will feel none of this, nor will they, given we will only play two matches against them before they are relegated. Hardly enough time to build a rivalry.  :011:

Scrumpy

Quote from: sipwell on April 21, 2011, 03:37:23 PM
Has it something to do with the reputation of their fans or am I incorrect in thinking that some of them are "likely" to fight? Perhaps they consider Fulham as "sissies"?
You're spot on there Sipwell. QPR do have a pretty active 'firm', although they tend to 'talk the talk' rather than 'walk the walk'. They think Fulham fans are all posh toffs, but from what I've seen over the years we're pretty evenly matched. There is nearly always a few scuffles at matches between us, but we've usually given as good as we've got. The difference is that we don't go around bragging about it like they do.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Their fans are generally more smelly than most.  Their team will do as well as Derby did and then they can return to that rabbit hutch, which will again remain only half full.

I expect Neil Warnock to burst a blood vessel and retire, half way through a very dissapointing season.

Bernie Eccelstone will realise that he owns too much of the club having been stiched up by Briatore and will sell up at a great loss.

All in all, they can and will go to hell, where they will be most welcome...

Travers Barney

Always quite liked QPR and was disappointed when they did not win the League in the mid seventies.

Recall beating them 2-0 in the FA Cup in 79/80 and a mob of theirs in the Thamesbank..they wern't in there long.

Do remember get a thrashing at Loftus Road when Tony Currie single handedly destroyed us...minutes before the match the Loft scattered as there were a load of Fulham up there.
After the match Selwyn was seen driving/running (depending on which version) down the Uxbridge Road....not sure whether he ever surfaced again.

Remember being devastated when we lost 3-1 to them in the Derby debacle season....packed in like sardines that day we were..Chelsea Rangers and Fulham were in Div 2 that season....Chelsea were behind both of us at the end of the season and nearly went down to the then third division.

It won't be pleasant down there next year but personally prefer them to the dog trackers but I guess that's because the majority of my oldest pals are Chelsea.

We are the whites 

We are the whites

FatFreddysCat

Hate Qpha more than anyone due to going to Northolt high (it's qpha heaven) when we was shite and they was for one season actually the best team in London (not sure if they was the best whilst i supported Fulham, but they was certainly miles above us). It will definately kick off big time, and much to my embarrassment they will mainly smash us all over the gaff. Without doubt the Northolt Ha's would do Fulham by themselfs, let alone all the other lot chucked in to boot. Not looking forward to it, but i will defo have to show up for it or never hear the end of it. Dirty scum and i hope they get docked a trillion points.