watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Karl Henry Tells Danny Murphy To STFU

Started by White Noise, April 22, 2011, 11:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/22/karl-henry-tells-danny-murphy-to-keep-quiet/

Karl Henry tells Danny Murphy to keep quiet

Friday 22nd April 2011, 11:30AM BST.

Captain Karl Henry today insisted Danny Murphy should mind his own business as Wolves focused on survival.

Fulham visit Molineux tomorrow with Henry admitting he was affected by Bobby Zamora's broken leg following his challenge in September.

That incident sparked Murphy's comments that teams such as Wolves were 'too pumped up'.

Zamora, who shares the same agent as Henry, has since made a full recovery, scoring three goals in four Premier League games since returning in February.

And Henry said: "I think Danny Murphy should worry about himself and his team and no-one else's.

"When you're talking about an injury to a player, it's not something you easily brush off. I spoke to Bobby when it happened and I've spoken to him since and I'm really pleased to see he's fully fit and scoring goals.

"I hope he gets back in the England squad soon and he seems to have picked up where he left off, so I'm really pleased."

Although affected by Zamora's injury, Henry will not be distracted from Wolves' need for points in the battle to stay up once the game gets underway.

"I'm fine and I'll play my normal game and make sure I do what I do best," he said.

"I'm not worrying about anything else but the bigger picture, which is that we're bottom of the league and we need to get out of trouble."

Henry's stance on Murphy was backed up by Fulham boss Mark Hughes, who warned his player is in for a hot reception at Molineux and was wrong to make the comments.

"Danny might get a bit of a reception," said Hughes. "The mistake he made was to single out the respective clubs."

Wolves midfielder Adlene Guedioura suffered a broken leg in the same month as Zamora, from a tackle by Fulham's then-Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell. "These things happen in football — we all know there's a chance you might come off injured," said Henry.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/22/karl-henry-tells-danny-murphy-to-keep-quiet/#ixzz1KFQfPUz0

Lighthouse

This is typical of the modern age. Karl Henry suddenly becomes a victim. He was the one affected by the Zamora injury? Despite the pathetic claims at the time that it was a fair tackle, clearly it wasn't and clearly Wolves set out that day to spoil the game plan of Fulham not by skill but by thuggery.

Henry tells Murphy to mind his own business. I have no idea when Henry was spouting this rubbish but Murphy has kept his mouth shut since the original comment. If it wasn't for the papers and the thugs themselves, we would have all forgotten about this long ago.

Henry is not a fine player who has been unlucky with a couple of poor challenges. Henry is a poor player who has been shown on more than one occasion for what he is. If Wolves go down this season, it will not be because they can't play a good game. They have proved they can beat the best. They will go down because they are 'too pumped up' and play like thugs too often. Wolves and Henry are not the victims here. They are simply poorly managed with too many poor players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Jack Fulham

I'd like to think Murphy will do his talking on the pitch tomorrow.

sipwell

"And Henry said: "I think Danny Murphy should worry about himself and his team and no-one else's."

Surely being butchered by an opposition side who is less interested in football than in tackles can be labelled as "worrying about himself and his team"? After all, Henry's tackle led to a nasty injury which had a considerable impact on Fulham as a team and as the club of Murphy and his team mates.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

leonffc

I like the bit where it says "I think murphy should worry about himself and his own team"
I would say he was worried about his team after coming up against that shower!!
I personally still have no problem with 'that tackle'. It was unfortunate but their general off the ball tactics that day were disgusting. Let's go up there and put a nail in their relegation coffin

NogoodBoyo

I still can't understand why so many people (Fulham fans included) think the Henry tackle was fair.  Most did - uintil the video from a different angle was published on this board.  How come the press never picked up on that?  That shirt pull backwards to counter BZ's forward momentum over Henry's leg is what did the damage.  And I thought just regular shirt-pulling was supposed to be verboten.  Shirt-pulling in the midst of a tackle from behind? 
It beggars belief how we all thought it was fair...and how the press still think it was fair.
Nogood "getting shirty, isit" Boyo

HatterDon

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 22, 2011, 12:53:01 PM
I still can't understand why so many people (Fulham fans included) think the Henry tackle was fair.  Most did - uintil the video from a different angle was published on this board.  How come the press never picked up on that?  That shirt pull backwards to counter BZ's forward momentum over Henry's leg is what did the damage.  And I thought just regular shirt-pulling was supposed to be verboten.  Shirt-pulling in the midst of a tackle from behind? 
It beggars belief how we all thought it was fair...and how the press still think it was fair.
Nogood "getting shirty, isit" Boyo

NGB, I remember leaping out of my chair when I saw BBC's reference to the injury when Bobby first appeared back on the bench. They said it was his first game day squad appearance "since he fell awkwardly in the Wolves match." FELL AWKWARDLY???????   :035:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

Big Don.  I've trawled back through the Search results of "Henry tackle on Zamora".  In 3 pages I could only find the MOTD footage that was taken in real time from the side and then from in front.  In neither can you see the dirty shirt pull that caused the damage.  Reasons of rthis?  It was such a fast, high impact collision that the distance view couldn't catch it from the side.  Obviously, the front view doesn't show the real nature of the offense.
Do you know how we could find that second video?  I assume somebody had taken the original video of the side/behind view, zoomed in on the action and slowed it down to show how dangerous (and clever) it really was.  I remember it was a particularly popular thread, so we should be able to locate it.  Not me unfortunately.
But, I do believe that video needs to be aired again.  The press needs to see it, the commentators in particular, especially as the first words out of the side-kick's mouth were "good tackle."  Can anybody help here?
Thanks.
Nogood "digger" Boyo

White Noise

Some succour to be had from one of the reponses to the  'Questions' thread from this board posted on a Wolves one. The response from 'eejut' shows a degree of perspective -

http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=53795

I have to admit i'm more troubled by the Zamora tackle now than i was then. Henry is no 'thug,' and the posts ive seen on the net claiming he deliberately attempts to injure people are a million miles wide of the mark.

But looking back at the start of the season, i think he lost it for awhile. It's starts with Craddock's tackle in the Stoke game, hard but just this side of fair. But the press were then looking for a pattern. In the Everton game Guedi does that tackle leading to the equaliser, and again that was totally fair, but continued a pattern for those looking. Then the Newcastle game, and Henry does what midfielders tend to do, he goes in early and shows his intentions, all but one of his tackles were fair and perfectly timed. A few other players were rash and sloppy, and a media band waggon kicked in.

In the centre of all this, with one side defending Henry's every tackle and the other hounding him as Hannibal Lecter, i think he lost judgement a bit, he lost the context for what was and wasn't fair.

I was very angry about the teams performances against Fulham. It's one of the few times i've come on here on a saturday and laid into the team. It was childish and silly, and full of stupid amateur fouls. If Wolves had put the ball down and played that way the way we all know they can, they would have come out of that game with three points. As it was, they kicked, pulled and blocked their way to a stupid defeat.

And looking again at the tackle.

Taking each component part individually, it's easy to defend it. He won the ball. He came in from the side. He didn't take Zamora's leg directly, and he was the first to his aid afterwards. It's easy to to say "Zamora fell badly, it was bad luck."

BUT when you watch the tackle from a few angles, you can see what the Fulham fans are saying. Zamora had no other way to fall. That in itself is one pro endangering another. But the reason Zamora had 'no other way to fall' isn't because Henry tackled him, it's because Henry fouled him -he tugged him back and stopped his forward momentum.

If Zamora had forward momentum in the tackle, he would have rolled forward. He would probably still have hurt his ankle, but it would have been something he could have run off, and we'd all be looking back on a good tackle -like Henry's truly superb tackle at Old Trafford. But Zamora was trapped. In fact, Henry couldnt have won the ball without tugging the shirt. He wouldnt have been able to get around Zamora to out the foot in, and it would have been an obvious late and clumsy foul -again one from which Zamora would have walked away.

So as much as it pains me to say it -especially since i've often been one of Henry's most vocal fans on here- i've come round to thinking it was a terrible challenge, a dishonest one, and an unprofessional one. Don't want such things in my name and at my club.

finnster01

Sometimes I wish Terry The Warlock Hurlock or Michael Brown still played for us.

Fulham sometimes need a hardman to take players like that thug called Karl Henry behind the shed.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: White Noise on April 22, 2011, 03:10:14 PM
Some succour to be had from one of the reponses to the  'Questions' thread from this board posted on a Wolves one. The response from 'eejut' shows a degree of perspective -

http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=53795

I have to admit i'm more troubled by the Zamora tackle now than i was then. Henry is no 'thug,' and the posts ive seen on the net claiming he deliberately attempts to injure people are a million miles wide of the mark.

But looking back at the start of the season, i think he lost it for awhile. It's starts with Craddock's tackle in the Stoke game, hard but just this side of fair. But the press were then looking for a pattern. In the Everton game Guedi does that tackle leading to the equaliser, and again that was totally fair, but continued a pattern for those looking. Then the Newcastle game, and Henry does what midfielders tend to do, he goes in early and shows his intentions, all but one of his tackles were fair and perfectly timed. A few other players were rash and sloppy, and a media band waggon kicked in.

In the centre of all this, with one side defending Henry's every tackle and the other hounding him as Hannibal Lecter, i think he lost judgement a bit, he lost the context for what was and wasn't fair.

I was very angry about the teams performances against Fulham. It's one of the few times i've come on here on a saturday and laid into the team. It was childish and silly, and full of stupid amateur fouls. If Wolves had put the ball down and played that way the way we all know they can, they would have come out of that game with three points. As it was, they kicked, pulled and blocked their way to a stupid defeat.

And looking again at the tackle.

Taking each component part individually, it's easy to defend it. He won the ball. He came in from the side. He didn't take Zamora's leg directly, and he was the first to his aid afterwards. It's easy to to say "Zamora fell badly, it was bad luck."

BUT when you watch the tackle from a few angles, you can see what the Fulham fans are saying. Zamora had no other way to fall. That in itself is one pro endangering another. But the reason Zamora had 'no other way to fall' isn't because Henry tackled him, it's because Henry fouled him -he tugged him back and stopped his forward momentum.

If Zamora had forward momentum in the tackle, he would have rolled forward. He would probably still have hurt his ankle, but it would have been something he could have run off, and we'd all be looking back on a good tackle -like Henry's truly superb tackle at Old Trafford. But Zamora was trapped. In fact, Henry couldnt have won the ball without tugging the shirt. He wouldnt have been able to get around Zamora to out the foot in, and it would have been an obvious late and clumsy foul -again one from which Zamora would have walked away.

So as much as it pains me to say it -especially since i've often been one of Henry's most vocal fans on here- i've come round to thinking it was a terrible challenge, a dishonest one, and an unprofessional one. Don't want such things in my name and at my club.

This is exactly how I saw it as well, the tackle, and posted about it in another thread. Not sure how anyone, especially Fulham fans, could defend that tackle.

SoCalJoe

Most troubling quote from him; 'I'm fine and I'll play my normal game and do what I do best'....really Karl? besides kicking people, what exactly do you do best??
You can observe a lot by just watching.

MisfitKid

Quote from: Jack Fulham on April 22, 2011, 12:24:25 PM
I'd like to think Murphy will do his talking on the pitch tomorrow.

And Bobby will help with 3 goals.  :dft012:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

alfie

Quote from: finnster01 on April 22, 2011, 03:11:23 PM
Sometimes I wish Terry The Warlock Hurlock or Michael Brown still played for us.

Fulham sometimes need a hardman to take players like that thug called Karl Henry behind the shed.

Thats wrong Mr.F01   all that would mean is that we would falling down to their level, beat them with football.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tom

Murphy will do his talking on the pitch tomorrow. In the meantime, I hope Murphy tells him to pound sand!
Fulham for life!

NogoodBoyo

An absolutely classic post by White Noise on previous page.  Nothing else needs to be said.  And the fact that he found somebody else to say it is what's so clever.
There is nobody - NO-BOD-EE - to compare with Mr. Noise.
Nogood "nobody" Boyo