A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Will You Watch The Royal Wedding?

Started by finnster01, April 22, 2011, 04:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be watching or don't give a rats arse?

Yes, I will watch it live in person
3 (5.7%)
Yes, I will watch it live on telly
6 (11.3%)
Hell no, I've got better things to do
31 (58.5%)
Watch the highlights on the news
7 (13.2%)
Demonstrate in the living room and yell down with the monarchy
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Fulham for life!

HatterDon

someone explain that to Tom, will you? I've lost my blackboard and pointer.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on April 22, 2011, 07:28:31 PM
Now if it was a public hanging of the royal family I might tune in.

Quite wrong and more than a little insulting.

I'm a traditionalist and a European. The appropriate way for effectively ending a monarchy is and always has been the guillotine.

Jimpav

I'm going to be on my brothers Stagg do in Valencia.

I will make a concession though and get him a Kate Middleton mask to mark the occasion.

The Bronsons

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 23, 2011, 10:05:42 AM
I'm a traditionalist and a European. The appropriate way for effectively ending a monarchy is and always has been the guillotine.

I have to disagree. The guillotine is a new-fangled French innovation. A block. An axe. The British way.

Lighthouse

I wouldn't kill them, off they bring in too much money. Yes they take some but without the popularity of The Royals our tourist industry would take a pounding. Better The Royals than a meaningless President.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

God yes  !!!...................in person too 
One of the best thing about London absolutely briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilliaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand !!!
I adore that part of London,  between Buck House and  Whitehall  St James' Park,  Horse Guards Parade, ete
Worked in Pall Mall and Cockspur Street in the 70's and we got the morning off to see P Ann's wedding which was my first. 
....the  'Orses,  the Carriages, the flags the music, the good natured crowds, the ultra clean streets  ( no cars) .................the whole nine yards is just splendid ................

Nobody and I mean NOBODY does the old pomp and Ceremony like the  Brits 

McBridefan1

Quote from: Tom on April 23, 2011, 01:39:27 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 23, 2011, 01:34:43 AM
No, but then again, I have a penis.
:tom:

He's answering the original question tommy boy.

Q: "Will you Watch the royal wedding?"
A: "No, but then again, I have a penis.  :drums:

It's a one liner followed by a rim shot. bu dum bum  :drums: (still confused? look up rim shot on you tube)

McBridefan1

Quote from: KCat on April 23, 2011, 01:56:00 PM
God yes  !!!...................in person too 
One of the best thing about London absolutely briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilliaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand !!!
I adore that part of London,  between Buck House and  Whitehall  St James' Park,  Horse Guards Parade, ete
Worked in Pall Mall and Cockspur Street in the 70's and we got the morning off to see P Ann's wedding which was my first. 
....the  'Orses,  the Carriages, the flags the music, the good natured crowds, the ultra clean streets  ( no cars) .................the whole nine yards is just splendid ................

Nobody and I mean NOBODY does the old pomp and Ceremony like the  Brits 

Then again you don't have a penis.  :drums:

jarv

To say they bring in money is utter nonsense. The historical buildings, the changing of the guard etc etc does that. My children grew up in America and I loved doing the tourist bit with them in London, visiting all the sites. Make no mistake, the enjoyment has nothing to do with those parasites and wasters, the royal family. They cost the tax payer a fortune, totally inappropriate in modern times. Name one who has been employed in a "real" job. Even harder, name one who has been successful in any of his or her overpriveledged appointments. A complete bunch of clowns. (I wouldn't hang them though as was suggested). Just buggr off, tend to the horses or whatever it is they do. :dead horse:

HatterDon

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 23, 2011, 02:47:10 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 23, 2011, 01:39:27 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 23, 2011, 01:34:43 AM
No, but then again, I have a penis.
:tom:

He's answering the original question tommy boy.

Q: "Will you Watch the royal wedding?"
A: "No, but then again, I have a penis.  :drums:

It's a one liner followed by a rim shot. bu dum bum  :drums: (still confused? look up rim shot on you tube)

Nicely done, sirrah. You have a future in public broadcasting -- provided public broadcasting has a future.

watfordwhite

Quote from: sipwell on April 22, 2011, 04:52:01 PM
:004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004:

Does that suffice as an answer? I won't vote, cause I ain't English. :)
SAD GIT !!!!!!!! :red:

sipwell

Quote from: watfordwhite on April 23, 2011, 04:57:27 PM
Quote from: sipwell on April 22, 2011, 04:52:01 PM
:004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004:

Does that suffice as an answer? I won't vote, cause I ain't English. :)
SAD GIT !!!!!!!! :red:

Are you British? Concept of irony?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Supermitch

Mrs Supermitch & I are going out to Guernsey for a couple of days (out Thurs morning, back Sat evening).  Will not manage to avoid it totally I guess but a good way to avoid the wall to wall coverage.

No doubt there will plenty of Slow-Mo replays and reverse angles  :005: 

Ron Sheepskin

There's a Royal Wedding?

You would of thought that someone would have mentioned it.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

CorkedHat

I don't mind if people watch it or not - whatever floats their boat applies. What I find irksome, however, is that our PM who is an avowed Republican will be there in all her glory. You either believe in the monarchy or you don't and if you are on record as saying that you would love to see the Queen step down as Queen of Australia, then I don't think you should attend her grandson's wedding.  :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

ImperialWhite

Quote from: jarv on April 23, 2011, 03:02:02 PM
To say they bring in money is utter nonsense. The historical buildings, the changing of the guard etc etc does that. My children grew up in America and I loved doing the tourist bit with them in London, visiting all the sites. Make no mistake, the enjoyment has nothing to do with those parasites and wasters, the royal family. They cost the tax payer a fortune, totally inappropriate in modern times. Name one who has been employed in a "real" job. Even harder, name one who has been successful in any of his or her overpriveledged appointments. A complete bunch of clowns. (I wouldn't hang them though as was suggested). Just buggr off, tend to the horses or whatever it is they do. :dead horse:

No, they're a net profit, since we recieve the revenue from their estate.

£200mill revenue from the properties of the Crown
-
£40mill salary from us
= ~£2 profit per person to the country.

The True Cost of the Royal Family Explained

Still, if there's the one thing the French did right (apart from the wine and the cheese), it's their republicanism:

Death to the aristos!

Airfix

Complete and utter ardent (and unashamed) royalist here.  I'll be watching it with members of my family.  We've been given the day off for it, it'd be rude not to take some small part in the ceremony.

Good luck to both William and Kate.