watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blimey Guv !!

Started by BestOfBrede, April 23, 2011, 10:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

:dft002: Wow!  - What a load of moaning minnies - We completely dominated a team who are not that bad and are desperate for points and yet u lot only remember the bad bits not the good bits - I remember being in the lowest divison and being pretty damn poor and yet still cheering every pass that actually found another super Whites player!!!
:tom: :dead horse:

TonyGilroy

I thought we played well but failed to take chances due to the lack of a cutting edge. That's the story of our season but I'm confident that Hughes will be addressing that in the summer.

As it is we got the point that will keep us up and that's worth celebrating.

Tom

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 23, 2011, 10:06:52 PM
:dft002: Wow!  - What a load of moaning minnies - We completely dominated a team who are not that bad and are desperate for points and yet u lot only remember the bad bits not the good bits - I remember being in the lowest divison and being pretty damn poor and yet still cheering every pass that actually found another super Whites player!!!
:tom: :dead horse:
+1
Fulham for life!

Basil

Yep, that was very good today, really pulled them apart at times, fail to see what the moaning is about.

In the Enclosure

+1 we looked well in control - depth in the squad.

Lighthouse

I was always proud of my defeatest attitude but I must admit it pales compared to some on here. We played well and lacked that finish and overplayed on the edge of their area. But are we happy with a draw against a team battling for their very lives. No of course not. Frustrated yes but why the moaning?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

To a certain extent it is part of the Fulham tradition. We know we support a team that is never going to be one of the giants, that is rarely going to dominate whichever league we are in and certainly not the top flight, and which will, from time to time, implode and get itself relegated, yet at the same time we convince ourselves that the team is invincible and should sweep all before us, so we get disappointed when this doesn't happen.
I recall, during the 1981-2 promotion season, we were regularly winning games 4-0 or 4-2, all very entertaining stuff, and there was this miserable old git standing just behind me at the Hammersmith End who spent every match lambasting the team for being rubbish. I used to wonder why he bothered going, to be honest, but now I realise it was his version of supporting the team.
Each to his own, I suppose.
Mind you, he probably topped himself when we drew 1-1 with Lincoln and won promotion.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rupert on April 24, 2011, 09:25:11 AM
To a certain extent it is part of the Fulham tradition. We know we support a team that is never going to be one of the giants, that is rarely going to dominate whichever league we are in and certainly not the top flight, and which will, from time to time, implode and get itself relegated, yet at the same time we convince ourselves that the team is invincible and should sweep all before us, so we get disappointed when this doesn't happen.
I recall, during the 1981-2 promotion season, we were regularly winning games 4-0 or 4-2, all very entertaining stuff, and there was this miserable old git standing just behind me at the Hammersmith End who spent every match lambasting the team for being rubbish. I used to wonder why he bothered going, to be honest, but now I realise it was his version of supporting the team.
Each to his own, I suppose.
Mind you, he probably topped himself when we drew 1-1 with Lincoln and won promotion.

No Rupert he stills goes and and has been cloned a hundred times over

sipwell

I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday. It was all what I expect from a football game. We should have won but didn't. We created chances but failed to score. I moaned from time to time but it is still a game played by humans :)

Fortunately the Mrs. doesn't read this board or she would open a book about me moaning when we go and watch our local side. As long as you stand behind your team, cheer at them, applaud and support them, you are allowed to be critical, don't you?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

NogoodBoyo

Looks like the biggest moaning minny thread has been pulled.  Pity that - I was quite looking forward to seeing the pessimists' reaction in the light of Sunday morning fry-ups. 
I suppose the missing thread is the reaction.
Nogood "thread-needling street, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

By the way, Best of Brede and Tktd...well done for putting them to the sword.  Once agaion, the power of the positive triumphs over the darkness of dungeoffs and dragonandons.
Niogood "can't stop threadneedling, isit" Boyo

RidgeRider

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 24, 2011, 03:46:26 PM
Looks like the biggest moaning minny thread has been pulled.  Pity that - I was quite looking forward to seeing the pessimists' reaction in the light of Sunday morning fry-ups.  
I suppose the missing thread is the reaction.
Nogood "thread-needling street, isit" Boyo

It is still there Boyo. Someone moved it up to the stickies section.

Blingo

That's not "Threadneedling it " NGB, that is BLINGOING IT M8.

Bling-blowing his own trompeta- ohhhh.

NogoodBoyo

What the gob in heck is the stickies section for?
Nogood "twisting not sticking" Boyo

RidgeRider

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 24, 2011, 04:07:48 PM
What the gob in heck is the stickies section for?
Nogood "twisting not sticking" Boyo

Its intent is to keep threads around on the main page however sometimes we get too many of them and it crowds the first page. The thread is at the very top of the main thread page.

I was one of the biggest "moaners" so if we beat Bolton and get a result this weekend and finish in the top 10 I will have once again have to eat some crow.....BTW have you ever had crow before? Is there a preferred way to cook a crow? Do you have to hunt one on your own or can I just pick it up at the market?  :dft012: