https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mouthwatering Comments From Bobby

Started by White Noise, April 28, 2011, 04:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Squad Strength

Thursday 28th April 2011

After coming on as a substitute to help Fulham secure a point at Wolves last Saturday, and then scoring a frustratingly disallowed goal in the empathic win over Bolton on Wednesday, Bobby Zamora has praised the strength in depth of the Fulham squad.

And the England striker says that, with the way things are shaping up for Mark Hughes' side, next season at Craven Cottage could be one to remember.

"Some of us lads were talking about it this [Thursday] morning and we agreed that the last thing Zat Knight and Gary Cahill wanted to see was the likes of AJ, me and Dickson coming on.

"Everybody in the squad, even those that have been left out in recent weeks, are great players, playing unbelievably well in training.

"Take for instance Jonathan Greening. For me he has been frightening over the last couple of months on the training pitch. He has really been showing something special, but he can't even get a look in at the moment. That tells you how much quality we have now, but I suppose that's good for the Club, that we've got so many good players all over the pitch.

"Now we've had almost a whole season of working with the Manager and getting used to his ideas, you can see the results it's producing, and if we keep working hard, there's no reason why we can't take that forward into next season."

Particularly impressive against Bolton was Fulham's attacking play, the Whites creating an impressive 19 shots on goal as a result of a game spent camped in the away team's half for the most part. And Bobby is relishing the competition for places in attack as the team go into the final four games of the season, starting at Sunderland on Saturday, looking especially dangerous.

"The front four last night looked absolutely amazing – Eidur, Mousa, Clint and Digger, who's come back into the picture in recent weeks. They all looked extremely sharp and that can only be a good thing as we aim to end the season on a high, in that top 10," he said.

"Of course, we've got that little hoodoo on the road, and going to Sunderland is never easy, whatever sort of form you think they're in. For one, there's never an easy game in the Premier League and certainly going to Sunderland is going to be tough, but there are two away games to come and we are desperate to get an away win from at least one of them.

"It was nice to win at Stoke earlier in the season, but it would be great to end with a couple more."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/April/ZamoraSquadStrength.aspx#ixzz1Kpdz31LE

The Equalizer

Warms the cockles doesn't it?

Good old Bob. I saw him leaving the Cottage last night, being driven in a people carrier. I did yell "Oi Oi Bobby" at the top of my voice and he looked around, but he didn't see me.

Oh well...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

White Noise

How about this on the God-like qualities of Jesus -

"Everybody in the squad, even those that have been left out in recent weeks, are great players, playing unbelievably well in training.

"Take for instance Jonathan Greening. For me he has been frightening over the last couple of months on the training pitch. He has really been showing something special, but he can't even get a look in at the moment. That tells you how much quality we have now, but I suppose that's good for the Club, that we've got so many good players all over the pitch.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/April/ZamoraSquadStrength.aspx#ixzz1Kpf9iDjp

The Equalizer

Quote from: White Noise on April 28, 2011, 04:32:27 PM

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/April/ZamoraSquadStrength.aspx#ixzz1Kpf9iDjp

He may have been drunk when he said it  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

They misspelled Dembélé's name. Lol. Apart from that:  :045: :045:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

os5889

Quote from: sipwell on April 28, 2011, 05:21:56 PM

Really? Not according to the offal?

sipwell

Quote from: os5889 on April 28, 2011, 06:09:19 PM
Quote from: sipwell on April 28, 2011, 05:21:56 PM

Really? Not according to the offal?

That is where they misspelled it. Everybody speaks of Mousa whereas his name is Moussa. Unless he himself wanted to lose an S in his name, I think they misspelled it. He is known in Belgium (on official records) as Moussa. :)

os5889

sipwell

Quote from: os5889 on April 28, 2011, 06:33:49 PM
Yup you are right, learn something new everyday!

PL spelt it right

http://www.premierleague.com/page/PlayerProfile/0,,12306~35042,00.html

Funny because his wikipedia page in Dutch says it correctly and in English drops an S even though the header indicates a double S (and the links too): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moussa_Demb%C3%A9l%C3%A9

os5889

Quote from: sipwell on April 28, 2011, 06:40:04 PM
Quote from: os5889 on April 28, 2011, 06:33:49 PM
Yup you are right, learn something new everyday!

PL spelt it right

http://www.premierleague.com/page/PlayerProfile/0,,12306~35042,00.html

Funny because his wikipedia page in Dutch says it correctly and in English drops an S even though the header indicates a double S (and the links too): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moussa_Demb%C3%A9l%C3%A9

I considered wiki but didnt like it for that reason. I wonder if this another Paintsil/Pantsil issue?

Jimbobob

:011: :011: :011: :011: :011:
This is why I love this board....we start with Bobby talking about the squad and being fired up and digress to correct spellings of players names!!!!
Love it!!!!
COYW
Who's going to the big wedding!!!!!????? :drums: :dead horse: :handbags: :down_under:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Mr Fulham

I really appreciate these comments. Statesmanlike comments about Greening, who is very underrated in my view.

TheDaddy

How confident does it feel looking forward to next season ?
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Tom

Quote from: TheDaddy on April 28, 2011, 09:23:29 PM
How confident does it feel looking forward to next season ?
If we stay healthy next year and add a couple more good players, look out! Top 6 baby.
Fulham for life!

richie17

Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 28, 2011, 08:33:38 PM

I really appreciate these comments. Statesmanlike comments about Greening, who is very underrated in my view.

He can't have been that good as Sidwell walked straight back in post-injury. I wonder if this is Zamora taking the michael after Greening's had a mare or something.   I've a lot of time for Greening and assume he'd look better under hughes than he did under Hodgson (which wasn't bad at all, I didn't think), but part of me smells a rat here.

Yarden

Got to admit, Bobby is my favorite Fulham player at the moment. Alot to chose from but hes just ahead a couple of others.
Bobby for England and Bobby for 20+ PL goals next season!

Tom

Quote from: Yarden on April 28, 2011, 10:48:15 PM
Got to admit, Bobby is my favorite Fulham player at the moment. Alot to chose from but hes just ahead a couple of others.
Bobby for England and Bobby for 20+ PL goals next season!
He struck that ball with authority last night!
Fulham for life!

Ag

He really is an example of what confidence can do for a striker.  That play especially shows the stark difference between Bob these last 2 seasons (when healthy) vs his first year with us.  It's the difference between England international and Row Z.

I agree with Rich about something being off re: the Greening comments though.  Larry Bird used to praise the Greg Kites in the press b/c he realized the value in guys who were good "practice players" and the benefit in preparation the starters got from going against them in training.  I suspect this is something akin to that.

TonyGilroy

If Hughes rated Greening he'd not have bought Sidwell.

For all that though Greening has never let us down.