News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we had a full season with a fully fit squad...

Started by Tktd, May 02, 2011, 11:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

that we have now... where do you think we would be in the table?

At the moment we're on 45 points with third placed Arsenal on 67. That's a difference of 22 points.

Considering we've drawn 15 games...

If we improved our away form to win another two games at least away then we'd be in 7th and competing for Europe due to form but I'd think Zamora adds more to us than just that.

I'm getting quite excited for next season - could we genuinely be on track to win silverware?

ImperialWhite

We're 7th in the 6 game form table, 5th in the 8 game form table!

:wine:

HatterDon

... and a fully prepared manager with an entire summer to shop.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

The Europa will complicate things if we are in it next season. Otherwise I am excited that we could have made fifth spot easily. Which would have been good enough to ....... oh bugger.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

And if every other team had no injures and everyone played with their full teams we would be.......?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: MJG on May 02, 2011, 01:04:20 PM
And if every other team had no injures and everyone played with their full teams we would be.......?

True dat.

We wouldn't have beaten Sunderland 3-0 with Gyan et al fit (actually, I fear the scoreline may have been the reverse were this the case).

HatterDon

According to an article I read on here, we were 4th when Bobby was injured and 18th on Boxing Day. We've lost one match since he regained fitness -- at Old Trafford.

Yes, other teams have injuries also, but we had no replacement for Zamora and, with Kamara having fitness problems and AJ injured, we made do with a periodically crocked Belgian winger and an American midfielder as our strike pair.

Kinda makes you wonder what sort of season we'd have had with Bobby fit for all our matches.

HatterDon

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 02, 2011, 01:18:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 02, 2011, 01:04:20 PM

True dat.

We wouldn't have beaten Sunderland 3-0 with Gyan et al fit (actually, I fear the scoreline may have been the reverse were this the case).

Seems to me that Gyan and the others were fit when Sunderland lost 6 [was it?] in a row prior to winning the match prior to ours. We are the form side; they are a shambles. There was never any way they were going to beat us 3-0 even with Gyan fit.

MrFFC

top 6 next season with a few additions i feel
Come on you Whites!! :)

Tom

Fulham for life!

fulhamguy

Let's be honest we aren't gunna be top 6 next year even with a few additions. Utd, City, Arse, Chelscum, Liverpool, Spurs will be ahead but we can definitely compete for 7th with the likes of Everton.
COYW!

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamaustin on May 02, 2011, 09:14:39 PM
Let's be honest we aren't gunna be top 6 next year even with a few additions. Utd, City, Arse, Chelscum, Liverpool, Spurs will be ahead but we can definitely compete for 7th with the likes of Everton.

I reluctantly agree, sir. We don't have the money to compete with those 6. 7th is the best we can hope for in league placings. If Newcastle's board every get their feces assembled, 8th will be the best we can do. That's why cup competitions are so critical for us if we want to win something/get into Europe.

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on May 02, 2011, 10:04:03 PM

I reluctantly agree, sir. We don't have the money to compete with those 6. 7th is the best we can hope for in league placings. If Newcastle's board every get their feces assembled, 8th will be the best we can do. That's why cup competitions are so critical for us if we want to win something/get into Europe.
A few us were talking about this the other day, first it was a two horse lge, then a top four lge and now its true, teams like us are outside the top six now.
Last season the club budgeted for 12th, this year it was 11th, I don't really see that changing as we dobt really have the income. Any position top ten for us is a bloody good season.

The Equalizer

I reckon we're easily as good as, if not better than Spurs. No reason why we can't aim for a 6th place spot next season. If we'd won even 3 of the games we drew or lost then we'd be in 7th place right now and breathing down their necks.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

I reckon we're easily as good as, if not better than Spurs Nice to think but sadly not true, they have much greater depth to their squad than us.

Jimpav

We can definitely compete against Spurs with regards to a league position. They have money but it is not spent wisely and as for Redknapp I can't believe that he is still being touted as a genius and the next England manager.

Their stand out player this season was Van der Vaart, someone that was bought as an after thought in the last minutes of the transfer window - simply because he was available and Redknapp had the money. Since he was crocked their form nose dived - much in the way that ours did when Zamora was injured.

Bale is their next best player but lets remember that this was the bloke famous for never having played in a winning Spurs side until last season. He was seen as a vile jinx by most Spurs fans and if it wasn't for an injury crisis that forced him to play out on the wing he would still be languishing in the reserves or the sick bay.

Take your pick from Crouch, Defoe, Pavluychenko. Please try and keep a staight face before you tell me that you would swop any of these for Zamora. Or alternatively would you swap Hangeland for Woodgate, King or Gallas - no didn't think so. Okay Sandro is good, but I would rather have Brede.

Spurs have been pushing their luck all season and now it has caught up with them. Their champions league run came to an end the moment they met some quality opposition and their league campaign has unravelled to such an extent that they have gone from champions league contenders to Europa league also rans.

The difference between Spurs and us is that they have such a strong belief in their self importance and brilliance that they manage to convince they are worthy of European football every season.

Don't be fooled in the same way that 'arry and his media cronies have. We are just as good as them, if not 4 goals better on our day. We just need to get over our own outdated perception of us being relegation fodder

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Jimpav on May 03, 2011, 11:21:48 AM
We can definitely compete against Spurs with regards to a league position. They have money but it is not spent wisely and as for Redknapp I can't believe that he is still being touted as a genius and the next England manager.

Their stand out player this season was Van der Vaart, someone that was bought as an after thought in the last minutes of the transfer window - simply because he was available and Redknapp had the money. Since he was crocked their form nose dived - much in the way that ours did when Zamora was injured.

Bale is their next best player but lets remember that this was the bloke famous for never having played in a winning Spurs side until last season. He was seen as a vile jinx by most Spurs fans and if it wasn't for an injury crisis that forced him to play out on the wing he would still be languishing in the reserves or the sick bay.

Take your pick from Crouch, Defoe, Pavluychenko. Please try and keep a staight face before you tell me that you would swop any of these for Zamora. Or alternatively would you swap Hangeland for Woodgate, King or Gallas - no didn't think so. Okay Sandro is good, but I would rather have Brede.

Spurs have been pushing their luck all season and now it has caught up with them. Their champions league run came to an end the moment they met some quality opposition and their league campaign has unravelled to such an extent that they have gone from champions league contenders to Europa league also rans.

The difference between Spurs and us is that they have such a strong belief in their self importance and brilliance that they manage to convince they are worthy of European football every season.

Don't be fooled in the same way that 'arry and his media cronies have. We are just as good as them, if not 4 goals better on our day. We just need to get over our own outdated perception of us being relegation fodder

I would argue that with a good manager in charge of Spurs and a world class striker, they would have been challenging for the League this season. They have phenomenal strength in depth and some world class players - Van Der Vaart, Modric, Bale.

We will not be above them next season.

The Equalizer

Jimpav - you just nailed it.

Just to add - you probably won't see any more of Ledley King. He's crocked completely now and I doubt he'll play competitive football again. A shame because he was an excellent player when he could play.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

epsomraver

Sorry but wishful thinking, clubs are offering 50 million for bale and he is their second best player?, they have been in the top flight for ever and that is reflected in their fan base and money, we are poor relations. On the day we may beat them but we cannot say we are equal or better than them

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on May 03, 2011, 11:39:27 AM
Sorry but wishful thinking, clubs are offering 50 million for bale and he is their second best player?, they have been in the top flight for ever and that is reflected in their fan base and money, we are poor relations. On the day we may beat them but we cannot say we are equal or better than them

2 season ago we finished higher than them. We've always had a pretty decent track record when playing against them too. I think we're a lot closer to them than people give us credit for, and I think we proved that when we tonked them 4-0 at the Cottage!