Main Menu

Fulham Risk Losing Sparky

Started by White Noise, May 11, 2011, 06:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Deal or no deal Sparky?

By ANDREW DILLON

Published: Today

FULHAM have less than three weeks to nail Mark Hughes to a new contract — or risk losing their boss for nothing.
Sparky has a get-out clause in his current deal which makes him a free agent from June 1.

Former Wales chief Hughes and his backroom team of Eddie Niedzwiecki and Mark Bowen insisted on the clause when they took over at Craven Cottage last summer.

It is payback for them taking a significant wage cut from their time in charge at mega-rich Manchester City.

Despite Monday's 5-2 home defeat by Liverpool, Hughes has turned Fulham's season around since Christmas.

A Fulham insider said: "The public perception is that Hughes is tied to a two-year contract.

"There is an option for a further year after this but the break in service effectively makes the entire management team free to leave at the end of this month

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3573198/FULHAM-have-less-than-three-weeks-to-nail-Mark-Hughes-to-a-new-contract-or-risk-losing-their-boss-for-nothing.html#ixzz1M1HEJyF4

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BB

This ain't "news" we have all known about since he signed....

Personally speaking, I am looking forward to whoever takes over from him and his 'crew'
and don;t bother asking 'who' I want to take over... do your own guessing!

Rupert

Quote from: BB on May 11, 2011, 07:08:43 AM
This ain't "news" we have all known about since he signed....

Personally speaking, I am looking forward to whoever takes over from him and his 'crew'
and don;t bother asking 'who' I want to take over... do your own guessing!

L Sanchez?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

sipwell

I think he wanted to make sure that he would have the freedom to leave if it didn't please him or if the chairman was an annoying person. LB0n1 will most certainly agree on the latter but I believe he is happy in what he can do!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Logicalman

Quote from: White Noise on May 11, 2011, 06:41:55 AM

It is payback for them taking a significant wage cut from their time in charge at mega-rich Manchester City.

I don't quite get that. It wasn't as though he moved from one place to another, I thought there was a period of employment at the dole office between 19 December 2009 and 29 July 2010, or did I misinterpret his leaving Citeh?

Jimpav

The club have now issued a statement denying this:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/May/ClubStatement.aspx

Following reports in the Sun newspaper today, Mark Hughes has issued the following statement, reiterating his commitment to Fulham Football Club.

He said: "I am very happy at Craven Cottage and am looking forward enormously to building on what we have achieved this season.

"I enjoy a good relationship with the owner, management, players and supporters of Fulham Football Club and look forward to continuing that relationship next season."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/May/ClubStatement.aspx#ixzz1M3U0AmIt

ron

We can be sure about one thing; he will either go or stay.

Everything but everything else is pure speculation.

Burt

Quote from: ron on May 11, 2011, 06:26:51 PM

Sums it up nicely!!

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on May 11, 2011, 10:41:31 PM
Quote from: ron on May 11, 2011, 06:26:51 PM

Sums it up nicely!!

and with no shouting
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Now, where have I read a similar story? Ahh, yes, just 12 months back ...

Hodgson vows to stay at Fulham

03 May 2010 - 08:18:34

Roy Hodgson dismissed speculation linking him with Liverpool after watching his side beat struggling London rivals West Ham 3-2 at Craven Cottage.

Hodgson's achievement in taking Fulham to the final of the Europa League, where they will face Atletico Madrid later this month, has been the catalyst for speculation that he could replace Rafael Benitez on Merseyside.

"I am happy here at Fulham. I have got a contract here at Fulham. I am happy with the job I am doing," said Hodgson.

"My name is sufficiently strong at the moment to be linked with other jobs and, of course, that is flattering and it is nice to hear.

"But as far as I am concerned it is speculation because I am at Fulham.

"We all prefer praise to criticism and love to hatred. It would be ludicrous to suggest I am not enjoying people saying and writing nice things about me and the team.

"But I am trying to keep a level head and keep things in perspective."

football.co.uk

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Logicalman on May 12, 2011, 10:50:12 AM
Now, where have I read a similar story? Ahh, yes, just 12 months back ...

Hodgson vows to stay at Fulham

03 May 2010 - 08:18:34

Roy Hodgson dismissed speculation linking him with Liverpool after watching his side beat struggling London rivals West Ham 3-2 at Craven Cottage.

Hodgson's achievement in taking Fulham to the final of the Europa League, where they will face Atletico Madrid later this month, has been the catalyst for speculation that he could replace Rafael Benitez on Merseyside.

"I am happy here at Fulham. I have got a contract here at Fulham. I am happy with the job I am doing," said Hodgson.

"My name is sufficiently strong at the moment to be linked with other jobs and, of course, that is flattering and it is nice to hear.

"But as far as I am concerned it is speculation because I am at Fulham.

"We all prefer praise to criticism and love to hatred. It would be ludicrous to suggest I am not enjoying people saying and writing nice things about me and the team.

"But I am trying to keep a level head and keep things in perspective."

football.co.uk

On the contrary he says how happy he is and won't comment on speculation but absolutely does not vow to stay at Fulham.

MJG

It's all words, they mean nothing if an offer is put on any manager/players table. It's a transient business now and if Hughes decides he wants to go elsewhere so be it, I won't lose any sleep over him going.

The Bronsons

The code is this:

If something isn't true, interviewees will say: that isn't true.

If something might well be true but can't be confirmed or denied at the moment, interviewees say: that's just speculation.

You hear it all the time from politicians. It's a way of seeming to give a straight answer without giving one.

Then, as TonyGilroy points out, some sub-editor comes along and makes up a headline that doesn't say what the interview said.  :035:

I'd say Hughes' reply is just as un-straightforward as Hodgson's. He hasn't said 'I'm staying', he just goes on about how lovely everything is and how nice it will be next year. That leaves him wiggle-room (just as it did Hodgson) if he's offered something that looks even lovelier and nicer.

Lighthouse

If Hughes moves on so early it will put us back yet another year. I feel it will do more damage than Roy sodding off. However Hughes will stay and build a squad that will take us onto the golden road to success. HURRAH
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

On the Offal now, http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArchive.aspx Following reports in the Sun newspaper today, Mark Hughes has issued the following statement, reiterating his commitment to Fulham Football Club.

He said: "I am very happy at Craven Cottage and am looking forward enormously to building on what we have achieved this season.

"I enjoy a good relationship with the owner, management, players and supporters of Fulham Football Club and look forward to continuing that relationship next season."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/May/ClubStatement.aspx#ixzz1M95iEWL6