watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Want Dutch Midfielder Kevin Strootman

Started by White Noise, May 13, 2011, 07:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://blogs.bettor.com/Fulham-FC-interested-in-FC-Utrechts-Kevin-Strootman-Dutch-Eredivisie-news-a68261

Fulham FC interested in FC Utrecht's Kevin Strootman – Dutch Eredivisie news

Posted By:  Michael Anderson

FC Utrecht's midfielder, Kevin Strootman, could be on his way out of Dutch Eredivisie at the end of the ongoing season, as Fulham FC have shown great interest in taking his signature in the upcoming summer transfer market. Reports suggest that Mark Hughes, the Whites manager, is looking to add young blood to his squad and Strootman seems a perfect addition to his side.

The 21-year-old midfielder has attracted interests from top European clubs with his sublime performances for the Utreg this season. The Dutch International has caught attention of many Premier League scouts, who watched him in action on many occasions.

The Dutch International started his professional career with Sparta Rotterdam in 2008/09 season. He played 72 matches and scored eight goals before joining the Utreg this year in January transfer market. The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the brightest Dutch prospects and was recently given a chance to represent his national team for the first time in the 3-1 victory over Austria in February.

The highly-rated midfielder's current contract runs until the summer of 2015. However, reports suggest that an offer in the region of €8 million will be needed to lure him away from the Eredivisie outfit. The Dutch International has only made 12 appearances for the Utreg so far, but an offer to play in the Europe's top football league could prove too tempting a proposal to turn down.

Rumours are also rife that the Whites have keenly observed the Utreg midfielder, Dries Mertens, and the English Premier League outfit are considering a bid for the attacking midfielder in the summer transfer market. Mertens has played 34 matches and scored six goals since his arrival at Stadion Galgenwaard in the 2009/10 season.

It seems like that the Whites management are eager to add fresh blood in the summer transfer market and they have reportedly set their sights on two of the Utreg young guns. However, the Cottagers management will have to raise their transfer budget if they have any intentions of adding the youngsters to their ranks.

AlFayedsChequebook

finnster01

According to Schteve McLaren, he ish Dutsch, wearsh clogsh and ridesh a bischycle.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 13, 2011, 09:33:04 AM
Anyone know much about him? Sipwell?

I don't do Dutch football. It's a matter of principle. Did you know that Holland is the sole democratic state which actually invaded another country (Belgium) without declaration of war? Even Hitler (may he burn in hell) was so polite to actually send declarations of war.

It is hard to judge Dutch midfield players because, in contrast to English football, midfield players get considerably more space to do an action. That said, I have checked on him a little (with a clothespin for which I will ask a small contribution by colleague-FoF readers) and FC Twente wanted to buy him but opted in the end not to do so. He has never played for a Dutch major side (PSV, Twente, AZ, Ajax) and is currently in a team which have been "over performing". Dutch Eredivisie is a bit like the Bundesliga: you can be runner-up one season and demote the next.

Personally I am sceptical. In my opinion Fulham needs to look at a more experienced (and hence slightly older) player.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

WhiteJC

Quote from: sipwell on May 13, 2011, 11:57:05 AM

I don't do Dutch football. It's a matter of principle. Did you know that Holland is the sole democratic state which actually invaded another country (Belgium) without declaration of war? Even Hitler (may he burn in hell) was so polite to actually send declarations of war.

not to be picky but I think Japan attacked  Pearl Harbour before they declared war, not sure if they were democratic then

Burt

Quote from: sipwell on May 13, 2011, 11:57:05 AM

It is hard to judge Dutch midfield players because, in contrast to English football, midfield players get considerably more space to do an action. That said, I have checked on him a little (with a clothespin for which I will ask a small contribution by colleague-FoF readers) and FC Twente wanted to buy him but opted in the end not to do so. He has never played for a Dutch major side (PSV, Twente, AZ, Ajax) and is currently in a team which have been "over performing". Dutch Eredivisie is a bit like the Bundesliga: you can be runner-up one season and demote the next.

Personally I am sceptical. In my opinion Fulham needs to look at a more experienced (and hence slightly older) player.

Have the Belgians bothered to form a government yet Mr. Sipwell sir or is the country still without one?