Main Menu

Mark Hughes Makes Carlton Cole Top Transfer Target

Started by White Noise, May 17, 2011, 03:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.fansfc.com/story/32295.html

Fulham set to launch bid for Cole

02:00 PM 17 May, 2011

Carlton Cole is a key target for Fulham Football Club.

Mark Hughes has enjoyed an impressive debut campaign at Craven Cottage, and he is eager to build on his progress next season.

The Welshman will be handed a decent budget to spend in the summer, which could be boosted further by the mooted £4million sale of Andy Johnson to West Bromwich Albion.

Fans FC understand Hughes has made England international Cole a top target ahead of the window, and he should have a decent chance of landing the forward.

Following West Ham United's relegation to the Championship a number of players are set to leave Upton Park, including the 27-year-old former Chelsea man.

The Equalizer

I sincerely hope that there is no truth at all in this rumour. Carlton Cole couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 17, 2011, 03:21:48 PM
I sincerely hope that there is no truth at all in this rumour. Carlton Cole couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Well, maybe he could, having scored 12 goals this season, but I still don't want him.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

Would Zamora be abe to do that? I mean: you are talking "throwing" rather than "shooting".

On topic: if this is correct, it means that Hughes is thinking about his team of next year and the particular style he wants to play. Perhaps Cole is a speedy replacement of Johnson and one who can actually cross a ball into the box better than Johnson has done most (read the nuance people) of the games.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

finnster01

Quote from: sipwell on May 17, 2011, 03:25:51 PM

Would Zamora be abe to do that? I mean: you are talking "throwing" rather than "shooting".

On topic: if this is correct, it means that Hughes is thinking about his team of next year and the particular style he wants to play. Perhaps Cole is a speedy replacement of Johnson and one who can actually cross a ball into the box better than Johnson has done most (read the nuance people) of the games.
You're sure he wasn't meaning Ashley Cole because that would make a whole lot of more sense (minus the silly wages he already gets)
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Saint Woy wanted Cole as well when Zamora was crocked, and probably still does since he'll be losing Odemwingie, so this Cole-to-Fulham stuff is hardly new territory.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

He's lucky he's a rich footballer or he'd be doing time for rape. No thanks  :046:

elgreenio

no thanks, somebody more consistent with less baggage as Zamoras back up please
touch my camera through the fence

epsomraver

No thanks.misses more than he scores, a modern Andy Cole.

JBH

He'd be better off trying to sign 'Old King Cole'

MrFFC

Not a bad player but i would have to say no. I would prefer Demba Ba
Come on you Whites!! :)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MrFFC on May 17, 2011, 06:12:17 PM
Not a bad player but i would have to say no. I would prefer Demba Ba
Neither are Fulham players  :046:

Tom

Ugh, no thanks! Hope this isn't true and we can spend the money on players that can actually help the team next season.
Fulham for life!

DevonFFC

Why does every one assume that he will be a back up player for Zamora, regardless of that we play a 442 and i think every one is missing the point that Hughes wants Cole to partner Zamora rather than sit on the bench as a replacement for him.

SHADY1

NO WAY theres only 1 West Ham player i'd take and that would be Scotty Parker and theres no chance of that the rest are heading where they belong and I hope they stay there for many years to come.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

RidgeRider

How credible is the source for this rumor?

Mr. Fulham, have you heard anything?

Given EVERYONE knows we are looking for a striker, wouldn't nearly every striker be linked to us that MAY be in our budget range?

Personally, I don't like his attitude. Not Fulham as far as I am concerned.