watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OI Sipwell

Started by FatFreddysCat, May 18, 2011, 11:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

Disqualified, Sipwell  ?   Disqualified ?   I suspect Sepp Blatter has a hand in this.

Still, I bow to your superior knowledge of Belgian beer.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

sipwell

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on May 19, 2011, 03:21:25 PM

Still, I bow to your superior knowledge of Belgian beer.

It is part of our national curriculum to know a lot of beer. We barely have a history, let alone something interesting to tell in that history, so we focus on our beer culture instead ;-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 19, 2011, 02:59:56 PM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on May 19, 2011, 02:28:52 PM
A Gueuze is actually less strong than a normal beer and for me is the Belgian beer par excellence (we have to admit that a pint is actually a copy of the Czech pils, but we brew it considerably better), a Kwak on the other hand is as strong as Duvel. Stop disseminating wrong information  :011: :011:  :beer:

Look 'ere mushtie    :015: , I was thinking of a Gueuze mort subite (translation: sudden death) which is 7% alcohol.
Here is a picture of the Kwak beer with its glass.

http://img23.xooimage.com/views/3/4/d/kwak2-l-1--380dd8.jpg/

Oh THAT Kwak. I've had that a couple of times, and even managed to get away with the glasses and holders.
[/quote]Must try Kwak, and like EQ steal the glss after  :54:

sipwell

For me Kwak is a tourist trap beer. It is always very expensive, it comes with a fancy glass (the name "kwak" is an onomatopoeia for the sound it makes when you drink it wrongly) but it doesn't taste extremely well. You have a lot of better beers for a better price, like a Geuze Faro for instance, made by a very specific brewery (Boon). De-li-cious! 

finnster01

Quote from: sipwell on May 19, 2011, 04:02:41 PM
... is an onomatopoeia...  
Holy Moses, I could be very wrong but this is the first time I have ever seen the word onomatopoeia on a football site! And it took a Belgian to do it...  :clap_hands:

Time to get down to the Belgian cafe here in NY for lunch, and not get kwak'ed but sloshed over a Duvel instead  :dft012:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: finnster01 on May 19, 2011, 04:13:53 PM
Quote from: sipwell on May 19, 2011, 04:02:41 PM
... is an onomatopoeia...   
Holy Moses, I could be very wrong but this is the first time I have ever seen the word onomatopoeia on a football site! And it took a Belgian to do it...  :clap_hands:

Time to get down to the Belgian cafe here in NY for lunch, and not get kwak'ed but sloshed over a Duvel instead  :dft012:

If you drink a local NY draught you'll also drinking a "Belgian" beer, since microbreweries (especially in the States) have bought the recipes from smaller Belgian breweries and actually copy it quite perfect. I remember that when I was over in NY (here comes the Belgian geek), we only drank NY beer in order to test that :)

Airfix

Quote from: finnster01 on May 19, 2011, 01:56:56 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 19, 2011, 01:52:10 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 19, 2011, 09:41:38 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on May 19, 2011, 09:35:21 AM
There is website, Mr Finn, that does all this work for you. Try www.pintprice.com/ -
Mr CorkedHat,  :clap_hands: That is outstanding!!!
I see North Korea is clocking in at a healthy 0.38 of a pound...Maybe a good place for the summer holidays? I wouldn't have to worry about a return ticket either.

Skip North Korea and get to Guildford:

http://www.pintprice.com/city.php?/Guildford/United%20Kingdom/gbp.htm

£0.1 for a pint!
Hehe, Mr Eq, I see this "average" is based on prices from 1 user. Must have been reporting whilst he was well sloshed :005:

Hic!  :wine:  :beer:  :dft005:

FC Silver Fox

Speaking of beer, did anyone see the news clip of the queen yesterday visiting the Guinness museum in Dublin?  At the end of the visit she was offered the customary pint of guinness. She leaned forward slightly to inspect it , like she would a new species of rose, but she didn't pick up the pint or taste the beer.  Not very polite, in my opinion your majesty. Definitely a faux pas there. I would have liked to see a picture of the queen with a pint in her hand.
  Bet she wouldn't have refused a tipple if it had been a gin factory.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

sipwell

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on May 19, 2011, 04:50:52 PM
Speaking of beer, did anyone see the news clip of the queen yesterday visiting the Guinness museum in Dublin?  At the end of the visit she was offered the customary pint of guinness. She leaned forward slightly to inspect it , like she would a new species of rose, but she didn't pick up the pint or taste the beer.  Not very polite, in my opinion your majesty. Definitely a faux pas there. I would have liked to see a picture of the queen with a pint in her hand.
  Bet she wouldn't have refused a tipple if it had been a gin factory.

Prince Philip looked very interested though.

JBH

If your in Belgium Duvel or Trappiste is good Kwak is a rip off and if your taking the other half then Kriek is a quality fruit beer (cherry or Raspberry I think).

Also its worth trying the house beer, there is a small bar just of the lower square in Brugge that has its own brew at 8% and it is pure nectar it also has 150 other types ranging from 5 - 10 %.  :beer: