watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Arnie

Started by CorkedHat, May 19, 2011, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

When Paul Newman was once asked why he seemingly remained faithful to his wife, he replied, "Why would I go out for a hamburger when I've got a steak at home?"
Using this metaphor, what possessed Arnie the Inseminator to go out for a hot dog that had gone cold?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BalDrick

Can't stand the man, or any of his films.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Equalizer

Quote from: BalDrick on May 19, 2011, 12:17:52 PM

Sacrilege! Have you not seen Predator?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

CorkedHat

Baldrick is right - the man can't act

The Equalizer

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 19, 2011, 12:39:56 PM

I know that! But his films are excellent entertainment. And nobody complains about John Wayne films...

CorkedHat

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 19, 2011, 01:07:55 PM

I know that! But his films are excellent entertainment. And nobody complains about John Wayne films...

I don't like John Wayne either  :005:

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 19, 2011, 12:21:10 PM

No, all I could manage was a sort of light-shadow thing.

Nobody should be surprised at the Governator. He's been fondling women he doesn't know and screwing women he does pretty much since he arrived in the States.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 19, 2011, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 19, 2011, 01:07:55 PM

I don't like John Wayne either  :005:

Well you can pack that in, John Wayne's another superb performer! He was excellent in The Searchers, The Shootist and True Grit. It's the rest of his films that were terrible.

The Doctor

Funnily enough, I think I read somewhere that's precisely why he landed the role of The Terminator having auditioned for the role of the freedom fighter.  I'm sure our resident movie buff can confirm.

The Equalizer

Quote from: The Doctor on May 19, 2011, 01:56:38 PM

Funnily enough, I think I read somewhere that's precisely why he landed the role of The Terminator having auditioned for the role of the freedom fighter.  I'm sure our resident movie buff can confirm.

Actually that's the first I've heard of it mate.

The Doctor

Really?  I thought it was one of those common knowledge bits of movie trivia.  I've definitely picked that idea up from somewhere - problem is, I read stuff and it gets lodged in my head only to be regurgitated years later when there's no hope of tracing the source!

BalDrick

Sadly yes, not all of but enough to form an opinion. See also Seagal, Steven, oh and all the other meatheads that do this type of rubbish all the time. Each to their own and all that but it's all just macho insecurity bollocks isn't it? (Name the band whose song I've namechecked and don't Google it.)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Equalizer

Quote from: BalDrick on May 19, 2011, 02:15:53 PM

Sadly yes, not all of but enough to form an opinion. See also Seagal, Steven, oh and all the other meatheads that do this type of rubbish all the time. Each to their own and all that but it's all just macho insecurity bollocks isn't it? (Name the band whose song I've namechecked and don't Google it.)

Absolutely no idea mate!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: BalDrick on May 19, 2011, 02:15:53 PM

I don't know, I think there's a lot of room for mindless masculine rubbish. Just so long as you watch it at least semi-ironically and laugh at all the particularly silly bits.

(But what do I know, I've got the Rocky movies boxset...)

RidgeRider

Arnie is not an actor, he is a character. His movies weren't made to win Oscar's they were made to make money!

His marriage to Ms. Shriver, I am nearly positive, was because he wanted to get into politics. Now that he is no longer is my Governor, I'm sure he will be back to doing what Mr. HatterDon mentions in a previous post. He had quite the reputation.

CorkedHat

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 19, 2011, 03:17:21 PM
Arnie is not an actor, he is a character. His movies weren't made to win Oscar's they were made to make money!

His marriage to Ms. Shriver, I am nearly positive, was because he wanted to get into politics. Now that he is no longer is my Governor, I'm sure he will be back to doing what Mr. HatterDon mentions in a previous post. He had quite the reputation.

He can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned, but I don't understand why he hit upon a woman who looks more like the Terminator than he does

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 19, 2011, 10:00:59 PM

He can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned, but I don't understand why he hit upon a woman who looks more like the Terminator than he does

because she has compatible plumbing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on May 20, 2011, 01:41:28 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on May 19, 2011, 10:00:59 PM

because she has compatible plumbing.

That and strong media and political ties. Plumbing helps!  :dft012:

The Equalizer

I've just found out that due to his infidelities, his schedule of new films has been put on hold indefinitely.

Anyone hoping to see a new Terminator, True Lies or Conan will have to wait until he tucks his old boy back into his pants.