Main Menu

Roma Want Senderos

Started by White Noise, May 20, 2011, 07:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fulham defender on Roma's shopping list

Published 23:00 19/05/11

By Jeremy Butler

Fulham defender Philippe Senderos is wanted by Italian giants Roma – despite missing most of the season with an Achilles injury.

The Serie A oufit plan talks to sign the Swiss international next week.

Ex-Arsenal stopper Senderos has proved his fitness after returning in recent weeks.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-transfer-news-Defender-Philippe-Senderos-is-wanted-by-Italian-giants-Roma-despite-missing-most-of-the-season-with-an-Achilles-injury-article738302.html#ixzz1Ms1obSLW

elgreenio

they'll certainly be after a centre back now Mexes has left (and think there's talk of Juan heading back to Brazil), though I doubt they'll come knocking on our door
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

I want Cameron Diaz and Meg Ryan at the same time. But I ain't gonna get it...

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on May 20, 2011, 01:47:25 PM

you'll damage more than ligaments with those two!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mike_f

Sell for around five million plus and that's great business

sipwell

We got him on a free. If we can sell him, why not?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Burt

Quote from: HatterDon on May 20, 2011, 02:18:06 PM
Quote from: Burt on May 20, 2011, 01:47:25 PM

you'll damage more than ligaments with those two!

It would be fun trying though!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on May 20, 2011, 02:27:29 PM

Because he is a top class defensive back-up. It is not often that you can get a player as good as Senderos to sit on the bench for Fulham.

mike_f

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 20, 2011, 02:35:32 PM
Quote from: sipwell on May 20, 2011, 02:27:29 PM

Because he is a top class defensive back-up. It is not often that you can get a player as good as Senderos to sit on the bench for Fulham.
That's exactly the point though. Fulham ain't big enough to have world class defenders on the bench, especially on massive wages.

elgreenio

he won't be on massive wages, and i'd hazard a guess that he'll get a lot more playing time next season than many will think. Halliche however.......

mike_f

Quote from: elgreenio on May 20, 2011, 02:50:41 PM
he won't be on massive wages, and i'd hazard a guess that he'll get a lot more playing time next season than many will think. Halliche however.......
Yes he will be on massive wages. 30k easily.

You think he will play instead of Hughes? Plausible but why disrupt the H & H partnership?

elgreenio

he'll get more than his fair share of cup games next season, add in squad rotation and maybe some bonus games on the back of a good performance. He would have just about been on that at Arsenal (he signed his contract there way back in 2005), and no doubt would have taken somewhat of a paycut to join us from a more reputable team. Maximum he'll be on at the moment is 25k imo

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: mike_f on May 20, 2011, 02:54:27 PM

You think he will play instead of Hughes? Plausible but why disrupt the H & H partnership?

Source?

Oh wait, this is pure speculation.

mike_f

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 20, 2011, 03:06:54 PM
Quote from: mike_f on May 20, 2011, 02:54:27 PM

Source?

Oh wait, this is pure speculation.
Oh come on! Use some common sense.

sipwell

Fight, fight fight. Let me get some popcorn first though.

mike_f

"Senderos has three years left on his present deal but his wages are thought to be well below most of his team-mates at around £7500 a week.

Such has been his impact that Arsenal want to ensure that he stays for the foreseeable future and will negotiate double his wages as well as extending his contract by another two years. Pay rises will be built into the deal meaning he can expect to be on around £35,000 a week by the time he is in his midtwenties. "

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-18914944-arsenal-will-reward-senderos.do

sipwell

Back! :)

Fight, fight, fight!

On topic: regardless what his wages are, he might get grumpy if he is not playing regularly (given he is a world class defender) and will want to go to a side where he can play regular football, in a team (we have to be fair) which competes for the Italian championship almost every year and is playing European football.

elgreenio

yeh that was his Arsenal contract  :003:

mike_f

Quote from: elgreenio on May 20, 2011, 03:21:35 PM
yeh that was his Arsenal contract  :003:
He hardly took a pay cut to join Fulham from Arsenal.

elgreenio

Quote from: mike_f on May 20, 2011, 03:23:17 PM
He hardly took a pay cut to join Fulham from Arsenal.

but a cut nonetheless. Anywho, as I said I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting a lot more games next season