watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Arsenal Fans

Started by Peabody, May 22, 2011, 08:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Now, I might be wrong, but did the Arsenal fans turn on their own side when they started chanting "what a waste of money". They siunded very disillusioned

Tktd

Thought they were chanting "spend some #$%!ing money"....

CravenCottager

Think they were singing "spend some #@%!ing money" to Wenger.
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

the gooners are propper hacked off-one of the their fans was on 606 saying the Arsenal season tickets are the most costly in world football-the cheapest is over £800 :029: thats why they can't understand why they don't spend big :doh:

Jimbobob

:handbags: :wink: :handbags:
I just know they showed them way too damn much on the broadcast I saw. Don't know if the dvr will be the same but they focused on them all the damn time and why were they filling one whole end of the Cottage???? :020: :020: :020:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Burt

I was sitting next to a gooner and he was moaning about how crap Wenger was, how crap the squad was, how crap not winning a trophy for 4 season was, etc. etc.

I reminded him that he was surrounded by people who would give their left arm for even a fraction of the success that they have had, and yet he wouldn't find any of us moaning half as much as him.

To cut a long story short, he was chucked out by the stewards later.

richie17

thing is, Wenger's given them the greatest football (and perhaps the greatest team) anyone will ever see, he has them in sound financial shape and is a lot closer to winning things than they realise.  Sometimes I think people need to look themselves in the mirror and ask what they want from football.  If you can't enjoy being an Arsenal fan then there's surely something wrong with you.

MJG

It was "where's the #$%!ing money".
I was sat in the putney end and they were not happy when it was 2-1 so started singing that.
I know at least three arsenal ST holders who are not renewing due to price increase and lack of investment.

timmyg

Quote from: richie17 on May 22, 2011, 09:30:50 PM
thing is, Wenger's given them the greatest football (and perhaps the greatest team) anyone will ever see, he has them in sound financial shape and is a lot closer to winning things than they realise.  Sometimes I think people need to look themselves in the mirror and ask what they want from football.  If you can't enjoy being an Arsenal fan then there's surely something wrong with you.

Eh they're plastic fans all right, but we're witnessing an insurrection.

It's not a continual case of "close but no cigar" like our terrible neighbors and the UEFA CL. It's the same thing, year after year without any accountability (sort of like the Washington Capitals here...) Start well, end like crap. Captain gets injured, misses season, whines about going to Barcelona. A goalie is needed but wont spend over 4mil. Rinse and repeat.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Me-ate-Live, innit??

IMO,  There is nothing 'plastic' about the Gooners  and they are nothing like Chelsea  or the self important Spurts.

In fairness to them I would hate to watch a team that promises so much and delivers nothing season after season. The sooner they unload the manboys :  Robin Van Persie, Cesc Fabregas and in particular,  Marouane Chamakh and get some players with more substance, they may have something to cheer about. 

Lighthouse

But Arsenal have spent money. They do play attacking football. But they do not win games. Arsenal want to compete with Manchester and Chelscum. But they don't win things. Wenger is a nice bloke and have his side playing nice football. He hasn't spent as much as the others but has spent. Fans think they deserve better and why shouldn't they? Some Fulham fans are moaning, despite our second ever best finish, because we may not enter the blimmin Europa through the rear entrance. So frustrated Arsenal fans are bound to moan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

thank goodness they now have an American owner to blame everything on.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Isn't that the fate of any fan who supports a top 4 team? You always think you can win everything and if you don't, you start to moan about it. I see it with my brother, an Anderlecht fan. God I wouldn't like to be in his shoes: coming home from games where they "should have won" yet lost, and he is annoyed for three days. Always frustrated about draws and losses and always having expectations which are far above the actual potential of the squad. I guess that is the same with Arsenal!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

elgreenio

was sitting in with the Arsenal fans yesterday (dad is a gooner), and yes they were chanting "spend some f**king money".

They are rather disillusioned with the club at the moment, as timmy mentioned its the same thing over and over again every season, and every single fan knows that they need changes (how long have they needed a new keeper for example). Lack of change, new investment, still no trophies, and having to spend 6% more on season tickets when the prices are high enough already, can' blame some of their chants
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

Life is far simpler when you support a "proper" club like we do.

Survival is the name of the game, punctuated by the odd cup run.

The lower the expectations, the greater the highs (when they come).

epsomraver

Their problem is simple, too many foreign players, no  gritty UK players of any substance, don't quote Walcott, sub most times and Wilshire, very late addition