more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora Recalled into England Squad!

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, May 23, 2011, 04:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

On twitter now.

Well done Bobby, but will he be fit enough to play???

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

whats the odd's that Capello tells Stockdale he has to play first XI games next season to keep in the squad?

AlFayedsChequebook

Imagine a Zamora-Bent partnership up front. Deadly.

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 23, 2011, 04:12:13 PM

Not if Kompany-Vermaelen would have to defend it  :028: :028:

I really dislike Belgium never plays England. It would be such an entertaining game for us, giving me months to gloat and keeping the bragging rights!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

jarv

Read today, MH was not keen, wants him to fully recover for next season. This international calendar has to seriously be looked at.. :dead horse:

elgreenio

great experience for Stockers, and hopefully Bobby gets more of a chance to shine, fit or unfit. Just need to make sure he gets a nice rest in at some point during the break
touch my camera through the fence

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: elgreenio on May 23, 2011, 04:18:06 PM
great experience for Stockers, and hopefully Bobby gets more of a chance to shine, fit or unfit. Just need to make sure he gets a nice rest in at some point during the break

I understand where you and Mark hughes are coming from but he has had all season to rest! As long as he is fit, a few more games will only help him recover surely?

elgreenio

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 23, 2011, 04:19:58 PM
where you and Mark hughes are coming from but he has had all season to rest! As long as he is fit, a few more games will only help him recover surely?

think its more along the lines of : we're going to have a bloody long season expecially if we get a Europa spot and even just get to the groups of it, get your rest in now instead of being jaded come next March.

Remembering also that we need him to fire England to glory in the Euros next summer  :dft011:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: elgreenio on May 23, 2011, 04:28:13 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 23, 2011, 04:19:58 PM
where you and Mark hughes are coming from but he has had all season to rest! As long as he is fit, a few more games will only help him recover surely?

think its more along the lines of : we're going to have a bloody long season expecially if we get a Europa spot and even just get to the groups of it, get your rest in now instead of being jaded come next March.

Remembering also that we need him to fire England to glory in the Euros next summer  :dft011:

Very true, I just feel he fully deserves the plaudits and chances with england he is now getting.

In the prem this season:

14 apps (90 mins in 2 games only)
5 goals
6 assists

An astounding return from a man who spend 75% of the season out with a broken leg.

Jack Fulham

Beast, hope Bobby plays. Been phenomenal since he came back, just look at his number of goals and assists, team player as well as a goal scorer. Hopefully he'll have a long rest after the international fixture so he can be 100% for next season.

Tom

Congrats to Bobby! He has been playing well and not even close to 100% healthy.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on May 23, 2011, 04:15:15 PM

I really dislike Belgium never plays England. It would be such an entertaining game for us, giving me months to gloat and keeping the bragging rights!

No, but England regularly plays San Marino, Malta, and The Faroe Isles -- pretty much the same thing I would think.  :hook:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

richie17

Still gutted he missed the world cup.  I'd have won £100 if he'd been picked.

We played Belgium in 1990 with tremendous consequences!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: richie17 on May 23, 2011, 09:08:48 PM

Nothing tremendous aabout me knocking over a table of about 30 pints when platt scored, or puking everywhere a bit later  :046:

sipwell

Quote from: richie17 on May 23, 2011, 09:08:48 PM

Quote from: FatFreddysCat link=topic=12347.msg134843#msg134843
date=1306181499

platt [/quote]

Stupid me. You officially found my weak spot. If you want to make me run away in absolute rage, just say the name of that football player in my presence. He is worse than Voldemort.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Andy_M

Congrats to Bobby and is a true reward for his performances since coming back from injury. Possibly a bit of a boost for him too as he may now think "cor if I can get an England call up when 80% fit, what could I do 100% fit"......

On a slightly different note, as much as Zamora has improved for us over the past 2 seasons, which has obviously been noticed by the press, England set-up, other manager etc., I just can't see another club taking the gamble on trying to sign him from us, as we would obviously not sell him cheap (as he's English he's got to be worth about £15 million now!) and with his track record it would just be too big a gamble for another club to justify in my opinion. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
@got_maile

elgreenio

I can see clubs taking a gamble on him, but certainly not the type of clubs he'd be interested in leaving for (the big 4, or 6, or whatever we're calling it now). Why uproot from a club where you're loved and integral to the team to go to another club of the same or probably less stature now with knocking on the doors of Europe

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Andy_M on May 24, 2011, 09:46:13 AM
Congrats to Bobby and is a true reward for his performances since coming back from injury. Possibly a bit of a boost for him too as he may now think "cor if I can get an England call up when 80% fit, what could I do 100% fit"......

On a slightly different note, as much as Zamora has improved for us over the past 2 seasons, which has obviously been noticed by the press, England set-up, other manager etc., I just can't see another club taking the gamble on trying to sign him from us, as we would obviously not sell him cheap (as he's English he's got to be worth about £15 million now!) and with his track record it would just be too big a gamble for another club to justify in my opinion. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Fully agree, we have got him at just the right time. With his track record at Spurs many teams may think he is too big a risk. Plus he appears to love London. In fact the only team I think he would leave for would be West Ham if they came back up.

clint23

Quote from: sipwell on May 23, 2011, 04:15:15 PM

Zamora-bent > Kompany-Vermaelen