News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you were head of the FA would you pull out of FIFA?

Started by Blingo, May 31, 2011, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Depends on the context - if you could persuade a few other FAs to pull out (I'm thinking Spain, USA, Australia, Belgium, Holland, etc.) then a significant enough impact could be made to seriously damage FIFA.

YankeeJim

No. Just spend some money and try to force out the scum that run FIFA. Jack Warner and Septic Bladder are as corrupt as a third world war lord. There really isn't a future to going it alone. Attempting to start a new organization wouldn't work. The two I mentioned are just the visible ones. Does anyone think that Italy, Africa or South America would join against those two?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

alfie

The answer to that is no if our FA were on their own, but i am sure enough associations could get together and put a bit of pressure on FIFA, I just wonder why Blatter is the only candidate, seems that maybe a few more do not want to put themselves forward for fear of what may be uncovered about them, aledgedly of course.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on May 31, 2011, 10:16:27 PM
Quote from: nevzter on May 31, 2011, 09:35:07 PM
Only if Ms. FIFA asks for it...

077.gif Nev; class
But what if it was the CONCACAF?

That would be a lot more painful wouldn't it?

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

nevzter

Quote from: finnster01 on June 01, 2011, 12:46:22 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 31, 2011, 10:16:27 PM
Quote from: nevzter on May 31, 2011, 09:35:07 PM
Only if Ms. FIFA asks for it...

077.gif Nev; class
But what if it was the CONCACAF?

That would be a lot more painful wouldn't it?

hopefully, no, only if the toad was wrapped before it was in the cheesy hole though (Fat Freddys Cat?)
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

sipwell

As the FA is also part of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) (together with Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland for some bizarre reason), I think they have leverage to decide to pull out. I wouldn't truly pull out but I would at least threaten to do so and create a coalition of the willing. If all major leagues were to pull out, plus some old and very high ranked countries such as Belgium, Blatter would have no other choice than to resign.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FC Silver Fox

No, we wouldn't gain anything by pulling out of FIFA alone.
I have no sympathy with the sweet FA. These allegations of corruption and gross incompetence are nothing new. Its not on the day of the election when Blatter is the only candidate in the election that you start thinking that perhaps we should have put a candidate forward. Good God, I'd even rather have Trevor Brooking than Sepp Blatter as president of FIFA... only just mind.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

TonyGilroy

Let's not think that the English FA represent honesty and decency.

They're furious that we didn't get the World Cup despite spending fortunes trying to win votes. Not bribery of course - incentives and goodwill winning. Just lobbying - not like those dirty foreigners.

Blingo

Logicalman

I was amused by Blatters speech this morning, where he admitted the FIFA ship was in 'troubled waters', and that, as the captain, it was his job to steer them out of it.

Perhaps I was the only one that noticed that the same herr Blatter was the captain that steered FIFA INTO the troubled waters to begin with, and notwithstanding the bribery allegations (whether true or not), he was either complicit in setting the course or was oblivious and incompetent when the FIFA ship was heading on that course.

It's unfortunate that everyone else saw this coming years back, except those that actually are in control of the ship - perhaps it was sheer coincidence that this occurs the day after the 100th anniversary of the launching of Titanic.

The unfortunate thing now is that the 208 (?) members of the associations making up FIFA, will now have the opportunity to make an even bigger pigs ear of the whole situation, and it will simply mean that those that are determined to 'influence' the outcome of such decisions will need to engage in even greater and widespread 'lobbying', and as such, the smaller countries that are less well off (either financially or politically) will lose out even more.

I find it astonishing that an election can even be considered when there is only one candidate left standing (stained or otherwise) and this whole situation is more like a banana republic than an international organization pushing forward the term 'fair play and respect for all.

sipwell

Quote from: Logicalman on June 01, 2011, 12:28:36 PM
I was amused by Blatters speech this morning, where he admitted the FIFA ship was in 'troubled waters', and that, as the captain, it was his job to steer them out of it.

Perhaps I was the only one that noticed that the same herr Blatter was the captain that steered FIFA INTO the troubled waters to begin with, and notwithstanding the bribery allegations (whether true or not), he was either complicit in setting the course or was oblivious and incompetent when the FIFA ship was heading on that course.

It's unfortunate that everyone else saw this coming years back, except those that actually are in control of the ship - perhaps it was sheer coincidence that this occurs the day after the 100th anniversary of the launching of Titanic.

The unfortunate thing now is that the 208 (?) members of the associations making up FIFA, will now have the opportunity to make an even bigger pigs ear of the whole situation, and it will simply mean that those that are determined to 'influence' the outcome of such decisions will need to engage in even greater and widespread 'lobbying', and as such, the smaller countries that are less well off (either financially or politically) will lose out even more.

I find it astonishing that an election can even be considered when there is only one candidate left standing (stained or otherwise) and this whole situation is more like a banana republic than an international organization pushing forward the term 'fair play and respect for all.

That is bad news for the Belgian member of the Executive Committee. What would the rate be nowadays? 200-300k?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Burt

No point pulling out of FIFA as the FA would have even less influence outside of it than within it.

They should look to influence things whilst on the inside.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 01, 2011, 08:38:25 AM

They're furious that we didn't get the World Cup despite spending fortunes trying to win votes. Not bribery of course - incentives and goodwill winning. Just lobbying - not like those dirty foreigners.

Agree, Mr. TG. This whole World Cup fiasco reminded me of LeBron James' free agent move out of Cleveland. While he was waiting to make up his mind where to go, fans of the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks were salivating over the thought of him signing for their teams. Once he signed with Miami, they joined the Cleveland Chorus of Disapproval for his selfishness and arrogance.

FIFA has always been corrupt and short sighted. They have taken advantage of the game's growth beyond Europe and South America to extend their corruption and corporate myopia. These complaints are not because FIFA just became corrupt; these complaints are about England not landing a World Cup.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Airfix

Can Blatter be censured for bringing the game into disrepute?

:005:

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on June 01, 2011, 01:19:06 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 01, 2011, 08:38:25 AM

Agree, Mr. TG. This whole World Cup fiasco reminded me of LeBron James' free agent move out of Cleveland. While he was waiting to make up his mind where to go, fans of the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks were salivating over the thought of him signing for their teams. Once he signed with Miami, they joined the Cleveland Chorus of Disapproval for his selfishness and arrogance.

FIFA has always been corrupt and short sighted. They have taken advantage of the game's growth beyond Europe and South America to extend their corruption and corporate myopia. These complaints are not because FIFA just became corrupt; these complaints are about England not landing a World Cup.

These complaints are of course sour grapes - which is why I said that the FA should have withdrawn from the bidding process in protest before we lost the bid.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence