watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who will replace Hughes?

Started by Fulham_Adam, June 01, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham_Adam

If he goes, I have a bad feeling it's likely, who would you want to replace him?

Personally I think Jol and McLaren are good managers but i'd still not be as confident with them in charge as I would with Hughes. If he does leave we should aim high and the name that would stand out for me would be Martin O'Neill- he is the only man available who I would have complete confidence in taking us forward (although his attitude on Europe would need to change).

If Hughes does go I hope the decision is made quickly because the last thing we want is another late managerial arrival.
The past is told by those who win.

mike_f

Lighthouse

LA LA LA Still not listening. :012:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Airfix

Has he gone?  I don't think so.  He's still our manager, so I'll stick with him, thanks.

Fulham_Adam

I really hope he stays but I can't see it. We should have tied him down months ago.
The big worry is he'll go to Villa and want to buy the likes of Hangeland and Bobby :|
The past is told by those who win.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FulhamMic

Jol or Eriksson.

Both in my opinion are much better managers than Hughes anyway, and were way higher up my list of preferred candidates before we appointed Hughes last summer.

filbertfish

I'm in the Hughes camp as well.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: FulhamMic on June 01, 2011, 01:23:46 PM
Jol or Eriksson.

Both in my opinion are much better managers than Hughes anyway, and were way higher up my list of preferred candidates before we appointed Hughes last summer.
Eriksson? 080.gif

FulhamMic

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 01, 2011, 01:29:14 PM
Eriksson? 080.gif

Sports a much better CV than Hughes, the most successful England manager of recent times and has shown with Notts County and Leicester he isn't just a mercenary out for money.

The England players rated him highly, as did the Man City fans (Save our Sven ring any bells?)

TonyGilroy

Sven's CV prior to getting the England job was superb but it's been diminishing returns ever since. Plus he allowed himself to become a figure of fun.

filbertfish

FC Silver Fox

So who will replace Hughes?

I think Senderos could probably do the job, with Baird and Briggs as backup.
However, I would rather Aaron stays for another couple of seasons.   080.gif
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FulhamMic

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 01, 2011, 01:35:48 PM
Sven's CV prior to getting the England job was superb but it's been diminishing returns ever since. Plus he allowed himself to become a figure of fun.

It's the British media that turned him into a figure of fun, not Sven, given the amount of money the FA had to pay him in severance. But they offered him the contract in the first place, and they were the ones looking to remove him from his position, so they have no one to blame but themselves.

Sven had a great record at Man City before the Thai owner started interfering, the results speak for themselves.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamMic on June 01, 2011, 01:40:26 PM

It's the British media that turned him into a figure of fun, not Sven, given the amount of money the FA had to pay him in severance. But they offered him the contract in the first place, and they were the ones looking to remove him from his position, so they have no one to blame but themselves.

Sven had a great record at Man City before the Thai owner started interfering, the results speak for themselves.

+1

I am not Sven's biggest fan, but he became a media punchbag (as every England manager does) and subsequently people decided he was a joke.

In light of the other managers who have followed him, maybe he should get more respect than he does.

aFFCn_Fan

I would fear for the safety of our lovely Sarah Brooks
@hincharoo

RidgeRider

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 01, 2011, 02:03:53 PM
Quote from: FulhamMic on June 01, 2011, 01:40:26 PM

+1

I am not Sven's biggest fan, but he became a media punchbag (as every England manager does) and subsequently people decided he was a joke.

In light of the other managers who have followed him, maybe he should get more respect than he does.

+ 2 to AFC's commentary as well.

I think I would rather have O'Neill first, then Jol, then Sven. Jol however is probably a non-starter given last summer.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on June 01, 2011, 02:10:19 PM
I would fear for the safety of our lovely Sarah Brooks
I'd fear for Sven  :033: . The LOVELY Sarah Brookes??? . The very horrible and up herself Mrs Brookes from my personal experiance of her.

zzamora

1st choice) Mark Hughes.

If he goes than Jol