watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN: Hughes Quits Fulham

Started by Logicalman, June 02, 2011, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crede15

I'm not really upset, if he thinks its a better career move, fine. And I thought he was ok (despite some of the embarrassing home losses) but as long as we bring in a competent manager we should be ok. We have good players, it wasn't all about Hughes.

MJG

Nothing has died, Hughes had no rapport with the fans and its not as if he got us to a final or anything like that. Roy going was a bigger disaster as the club from the first XI downwards had a plan.
We are in europe, still have a good squad, let's get a new man in within a week and let's look forward.

zzamora

HUGHES IS STILL AT FULHAM TILL THE END OF THE MONTH...

LETS GO GEEEEEEEEEEEEET HIM!

leonffc

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

we get this right and we could be on the cusp of great things,get it wrong and championship here we come :doh:

Fletchino

Quote from: Yarden on June 02, 2011, 06:02:06 PM
you really need to make a new thread when there is two already?

Well I was driving and piss off and the two was not there when I started
I don't really see why it bothers that much anyway I guess some People are sad like that!!.

Yarden

Why is he still here for a month? whats the point. In a month we start playing in the Europa League. Why cant he just  099.gif off now?

Lighthouse

Hughes would only be tempted by the Chelscum job. He talks of ambition. Cannot be Villa surely. As for who comes in? Well we cannot keep anybody worth having, so sod em all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Fulham and The Special One ..... thoughts?

theo

find it funny how he wanted to build on last season, and was perfectly happy about two weeks ago. Now he leaves for "personal reasons", them being the hope of a bigger payslip. Lying twit.

On the plus side at least there is more time to find a manager this time around, but would've been nice with a bit of stability.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Logicalman on June 02, 2011, 06:21:51 PM

Fulham and The Special One ..... thoughts?

079.gif in your dreams  079.gif
for me i see it like this
Hughes to Chelsea
Ancelotti to Villa
we scrabble about for the best of the rest

Oakeshott

He was always likely to be using us as a stop gap. Something Villa should bear in mind if they are considering him. One whiff of a better job and he'd leave them just as he has us.

What we need is a manager appropriate to our club's realistic financial position while under MAF's ownership, who won't be using us as a stepping stone and will be happy to manage a decent middle of the table side, with hopes in cups, for several years. The ones I'd welcome are:

Ray Lewington
Lee Clark
Dave Jones
Chris Hughton

The ones I'd not want are:

Martin Jol - expensive and no bloody good
Martin O'Neil - he'd soon get fed up with the financial restrictions
Alan Curbishley - out of the game too long

But let's all give a great sigh of relierf that W Ham have appointed Alladyce!

b+w geezer

The players are entitled to feel they have been urinated on from a great height. So do we. Whether MAF and Macintosh are entitled to feel like that as well depends on details we are not privy to -- but probably.

In combination, the last two close seasons have badly set back our aspirations to be more than relegation fodder, even though on the pitch we have proved not to be so. It's going to take a monumental effort by those at the club to raise morale again in the short-term.

Oakeshott

Burt

Seriously disappointed.

Oh well.

Time to move on.

Berserker

I just feel let down to be honest.  I really believed that he wanted to stay with us next season and that the press had got it wrong, unfortunately there is usually no smoke without fire. To be honest I will miss him less than Roy who was a bit of a hero of mine. Also last season what with Man City, West Ham and Liverpool horrible defeats I have been very on edge at matches and I never felt like that under Roy as had more confidence in him.

Hope he doesn't nick all our best players now but to be honest I'm not sure how much they thought of him. Suppose some of them might follow the money though. Though saying that I don't think Sparky will go to Villa, I think he's sights will be higher, and hopefully if they are,  our players won't be high enough caliber in his or his new teams' side and will stay at Fulham. COYW
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BB

Thank all in the universe he's gone!! Please let him take his useless entourage with him...... :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Onwards and upwards... The Mighty Whites go marching on! COYW's!!!!!!!!!!! :57:

gang

The club have now issued a statement confirming that Hughes has left.

timmyg

Hands up for everyone who, last August, thought Hughes would be gone come June.

:048: (that's supposed to be my hand)
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Lighthouse

Played the best football and went for it and despite injury problems finish second highest we have ever done in our history. A sad day for our club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope