watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN: Hughes Quits Fulham

Started by Logicalman, June 02, 2011, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

OH! Bugger! there is no loyalty in football whatsoever these days, Bring on Ray Lew at least he's honest and loyal.
I'm sick of these two faced Managers saying how happy they are and looking forward to the new season challenge it's all bullpoo money is all they care about. Sod 'im.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FatFreddysCat

Seriously gutted, i was excited by our football, excited by going on a European tour next season, thought we had a terrific manager, but now i feel like i've been kicked in the  099.gif . No God nd Owen turn away now... Hughes you Welsh  099.gif beeb   099.gif  ***  099.gif  :014: . Rant over, COYWS.

fulhampa23

He practically forces Salcido to stay, and two days later he leaves? I guess he wanted all of the spotlight for his predetermined departure. Not to mention he made a good amount of dealings for the club with signing Sidwell, Moussa, and wanting Eidur to sign permanently. Doesn't seem to add up, but then again I am relatively new to the English game, so I don't know how things always work across the pond.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

b+w geezer

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 02, 2011, 06:48:06 PM

I'd bet that there really has been no contact with Villa.

If I'm right it's actually more serious than if he actually has been tapped up.
Bullseye. So young and yet so wise.

clintclintdeuce

Bring in martin oneil please, would be a definate upgrade. Coyw and  099.gif off mark hughes
The Dude abides.

Logicalman

Something still doesn't sit well with me.
According to the statements released, the two parties appear terse, but Sparky will work out his notice as per the clubs wishes? Doesn't sound like the parties are that far away from each other and it's more amicable than first thought.

A further niggle is that he will remain until July 1, which does appear to back up his story about not being tapped up. If I were Villa, I'd want a new manager to start immediately, and give him (or her) plenty of time to get ready for the new season - especially as the Villains have just had one of their poorest seasons for many a year - wouldn't you?

The whole thing seems too much of a muddle, though TG does arrive at a reasonable conclusion inasmuch that it may well be an internal financial matter - either personal or squad related.

FFCSteve

Haven't read all the posts yet, but I'm angry! Why oh why do these tossers spout bullpoo? It's a fantastic club! With a good set up! I'm really happy! Blah Blah!
I've said from the off he wouldn't stay long. What does the club need to do to keep a good long term manager? We finished 8th. Were in Europe. We have a good team! WTF!
I'm feeling very let down at the mo, so I hope he goes to Chelsea or Villa & gets the sack!
TOSSER!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

FFCSteve

Quote from: Admin on June 02, 2011, 06:04:58 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 02, 2011, 05:57:46 PM
He was building something really special at Fulham, I just don't understand this. His backroom staff will all move on I guess. Well right now all the hope I had of having the best Fulham side has gone out the door, Loved the style of play and everything. Feel really gutted and let down. Roy was a shock and you just kenw he would fail. Hughes makes even less sense to me.

For the first time I really couldn't care less who comes in. Bring in Curbishley for all I care. No point in building at Fulham, players and managers just go even when we are surrounded in success. Sod it. Something at Fulham just died. It is called hope.

Feel the same lighthouse, I really do.. Whats the point any more!! As you just said, something at Fulham has just died and I couldn't give a toss if they went and appointed Sanchez all over again. I'm stepping back from this club for a while and will try to enjoy the rest of my summer, or whats left of it. Gutted!!

Yep! exactly how I feel.

FFCSteve

Surely it's time to tie a manager down for more than one season! Come on mo stick yer hand in your pocket.

What about poaching Ian Holloway? Think we'd have a laugh!

Logicalman

Quote from: FFCSteve on June 02, 2011, 10:21:45 PM
Surely it's time to tie a manager down for more than one season! Come on mo stick yer hand in your pocket.

What about poaching Ian Holloway? Think we'd have a laugh!

How about Gerard Houllier, it might just be a job for life!!!

FFCSteve

Quote from: Logicalman on June 02, 2011, 10:30:05 PM

How about Gerard Houllier, it might just be a job for life!!!

LOL