watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seriously- I would like Martin Jol as manager

Started by zzamora, June 02, 2011, 06:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

That would ease the pain... Im just hoping that AlFayed has been crafty and has someone lined up..

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I would have prefered him first time (i didn't think hugues would prove to be this good) and so I would be happy with him.

Abbotsbury White

Agreed.. but there are other 'Martin's' ..O'Neil and Martinez but Jol would be a morale booster I hope gets it.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Tom

I want a manager that wants to be at Fulham and is hear for the long haul and not going to jump ship after a year!  078.gif  082.gif
Fulham for life!

BlacknWhite

Quote from: Tom on June 02, 2011, 07:41:25 PM
I want a manager that wants to be at Fulham and is hear for the long haul and not going to jump ship after a year!  078.gif  082.gif

+1

HatterDon

Quote from: BlacknWhite on June 02, 2011, 07:49:33 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 02, 2011, 07:41:25 PM

+1

the problem with Jol being that he likes to shop himself for jobs while he's not eligible to leave the one he's got.

Ah, who gives a crap? I'm with Julian. Anyone we sign I'll be behind.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Would have loved him last season, but not after the shambles that we had to endure  :046:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

It will never happen .........Mo would prefer Tiny Ronalds  098.gif

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

the only thing,and I mean  098.gif THE ONLY THING  098.gif that matters is that the club moves forward,the whys and wherefore's don't really matter to me,I support the team, not the guy in the dugout. One manager(I forget who) said"when the team does well the players get the credit,when the team does badly the manager gets the blame" -that how I see it.

I'm a Fulham supporter,always will be,managers will come and managers will go, the only people to be loyal,the only people to stay with the club through thick and thin,the only people to truely love the club and everything it means are us,the fans-WE ARE FULHAM!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 02, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
the only thing,and I mean  098.gif THE ONLY THING  098.gif that matters is that the club moves forward,the whys and wherefore's don't really matter to me,I support the team, not the guy in the dugout. One manager(I forget who) said"when the team does well the players get the credit,when the team does badly the manager gets the blame" -that how I see it.

I'm a Fulham supporter,always will be,managers will come and managers will go, the only people to be loyal,the only people to stay with the club through thick and thin,the only people to truely love the club and everything it means are us,the fans-WE ARE FULHAM!
+1

THEoriginalCHIL

Was thinking that even though we have got to go through qualifying in the Europa, that must count for something with attracting a decent manager.

Admin

Quote from: KCat on June 02, 2011, 10:47:53 PM
It will never happen .........Mo would prefer Tiny Ronalds  098.gif

It wasn't down to Jol but Ajax holding him to ransome over his contract. 5 million in compensation just to Ajax alone they wanted plus the legal action they was threatning him with if he walked.

Jol 100% wanted to come, he voiced that he wanted to work in the Premiership again and especially have that choice at Fulham F.C who he also quoted being a good well run club.

At the end of the day, Jol remained loyal to his contract at Ajax and stayed only to leave the following season by mutal consent. Would mo take him now? - of course he would. 

Me-ate-Live, innit??

whitewash Admin .........................he played  Mackintosh an us :

Martin Jol has rejected the chance join Fulhamas manager – and the Dutchman admits he never wanted to walk out on Ajax.

I've always had the intention to stay at Ajax,' said Jol. 'I was just looking to get some clarity on the future of the club and that's what I got when I talked with (Ajax director) Rik van den Boog last night.

'Fulham was just a nice alternative. I needed to get the feeling that we're in this together and that everybody at the club wants to do his utmost to make progress.

'That's essential if we want to make a step forward this season. Last Thursday was the first time I heard of Fulham's interest and it gave me some tough days and doubts.'

When Fulham commenced negotiations with Martin Jol, the club was informed that an exit clause existed in his contract with Ajax.

Fulham were convinced they had got their man when details of talks emerged at the weekend, with Jol voicing frustration that he could not achieve his dream of winning the Dutch league with Ajax while working under serious financial constraints.

But Jol said: 'Ajax let me know they didn't want me to go. And I don't think I can bring myself to leave Ajax at this time.

'I came here last summer to be successful, to build a good team and to have fun. And those three things are what I am interested in achieving next season.

'It was always my intention to build Ajax further. It is full speed ahead and we all need to roll up our sleeves. That is essential.'

Jol still has concerns but is committed to turning Ajax around.

'We have held detailed talks in the last few days,' he said. 'The club and I share each other's concerns. Everyone knows that Ajax have financial difficulties.

'Last year we lost another million. But what is equally annoying is that we want to perform better next season than last season.

'The expectations are always high at Ajax. But now I have lost, among others Marko Pantelic, Dennis Rommedahl, Kennedy (Bakircioglu) and Gabri, and nobody has been signed. Also, there is uncertainty about whether key players will stay.    I received offers from other clubs in April and May, and I brushed them aside, but this time my agent Mino Raiola held serious talks with the British delegation.

'I am pleased that these hectic days are over. Together with the club I am looking to the future. We now have a priority and that is Wednesday's (Champions League) game against PAOK.  'And we want to strengthen the team. Both on and off the pitch it is an exciting time for Ajax. We are all going to do our best to quickly get the team to the desired level.'

Admin

Quote from: KCat on June 02, 2011, 11:26:33 PM
whitewash Admin .........................he played  Mackintosh an us :

Martin Jol has rejected the chance join Fulhamas manager – and the Dutchman admits he never wanted to walk out on Ajax.

I've always had the intention to stay at Ajax,' said Jol. 'I was just looking to get some clarity on the future of the club and that's what I got when I talked with (Ajax director) Rik van den Boog last night.

'Fulham was just a nice alternative. I needed to get the feeling that we're in this together and that everybody at the club wants to do his utmost to make progress.

'That's essential if we want to make a step forward this season. Last Thursday was the first time I heard of Fulham's interest and it gave me some tough days and doubts.'

When Fulham commenced negotiations with Martin Jol, the club was informed that an exit clause existed in his contract with Ajax.

Fulham were convinced they had got their man when details of talks emerged at the weekend, with Jol voicing frustration that he could not achieve his dream of winning the Dutch league with Ajax while working under serious financial constraints.

But Jol said: 'Ajax let me know they didn't want me to go. And I don't think I can bring myself to leave Ajax at this time.

'I came here last summer to be successful, to build a good team and to have fun. And those three things are what I am interested in achieving next season.

'It was always my intention to build Ajax further. It is full speed ahead and we all need to roll up our sleeves. That is essential.'

Jol still has concerns but is committed to turning Ajax around.

'We have held detailed talks in the last few days,' he said. 'The club and I share each other's concerns. Everyone knows that Ajax have financial difficulties.

'Last year we lost another million. But what is equally annoying is that we want to perform better next season than last season.

'The expectations are always high at Ajax. But now I have lost, among others Marko Pantelic, Dennis Rommedahl, Kennedy (Bakircioglu) and Gabri, and nobody has been signed. Also, there is uncertainty about whether key players will stay.    I received offers from other clubs in April and May, and I brushed them aside, but this time my agent Mino Raiola held serious talks with the British delegation.

'I am pleased that these hectic days are over. Together with the club I am looking to the future. We now have a priority and that is Wednesday's (Champions League) game against PAOK.  'And we want to strengthen the team. Both on and off the pitch it is an exciting time for Ajax. We are all going to do our best to quickly get the team to the desired level.'

He was Fulham bound until Ajax told him otherwise about the legal complications involved. It was only after, that he back tracked and came out with the above statement which I'm pretty sure his agent advised him to do when he found out he was right and royally screwed by Ajax and their bullet proof contract. It was actually well known that Mackintosh was at fault for pursuing Jol so long 'WITH OUT' investigating his current contract which was so water tight that no even David Blaine could get out of. Maybe Mo sould learn from Ajax and Co.   

MJG

Last year I would have been happy with Jol, but now after all that happened and was said, im not so sure it would be wise to go ahead with him. It just looks like an car crash waiting to happen.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

His agents did not mention it  until the final day .........................I am sure they knew
No  !!.....................the glass chin ''Played us''