watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

feck,the use of and over keen MODS

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, June 02, 2011, 08:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

084.gif  why am I getting my posts changed? feck is not a swear word,it's a polite word that people say instead of the f word,it's in common use in the UK and Ireland and has been for about 15 years,have you never seen Father Ted???

HatterDon

Feeling a bit feckless are we, Julian? :drums:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on June 03, 2011, 01:27:34 AM
Feeling a bit feckless are we, Julian? :drums:
and we have a winner :011: :005: :011:

FatFreddysCat

TheDaddy

We need a transparent organization with respect on both parties, these mods have to be a counted for who liaises with who,who holds the majority of the shares and who and when annual reviews are taking place they can have nowhere to hid  :59:

"just checked my tablets and it is sleeping one i've taken and not the happy one...

I would also state that i wont be in the running for any of the elections as i have far to many empty brown envelopes i would finally add i like  087.gif fritters. right its bed time im slipping of the sssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffa.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

sipwell

Isn't it more polite to use "shuck" Or is that out of fashion again too?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

LBNo11

...the word is obviously a direct substitute for the common anglo-saxon expletive used to describe the act of copulation.

You can disguise a turd - but it is still a turd.

You may think I am old fashioned in this stance, but frankly I don't give a damn...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Interestingly, it always draws a laugh over here. Any of Brian Friel's plays about rural Ireland are hugely popular with actors and audiences in the States, and nothing gets more reaction than the use of  "feckin" as an endless adjective/adverb -- especially when delivered by a member of the fairer sex. I remember posting a video of three well-dressed ladies singing a song called "Flights for 50p" in which it was used extensively, and it got lots of favorable response.

However, I'm always happy for the mods to rule on these sort of matters. I salute smartly and move on.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 17, 2011, 02:21:49 PM
...the word is obviously a direct substitute for the common anglo-saxon expletive used to describe the act of copulation.

You can disguise a turd - but it is still a turd.

You may think I am old fashioned in this stance, but frankly I don't give a damn...
but that doesn't mean your right thought does it?
does this now mean that each individual mod is going to pull words that they feel are offensive? so one more open minded mod will let a word through that a more PC mod would pull?
this isn't a personal attack but that doesn't make any sense at all,how are us posters going to keep up?

LBNo11

...RSR, just a point, it was not I who changed your posts, in fact I don't know which mod did, I just happen to agree that the word used is a thinly disguised adaptation of the swear word we all know and recognise it to be.

Of course this does not make me, or the mod who changed your posts right, we try to be guardians of this message board, and if there aren't other mods available to discuss matters may take action as we see fit; if being protective of the content of FoF means we are overly keen then it is your personal interpretation as it was of the mod who 'modified' your posts.

My reply above was just a way of showing there are more eloquent ways of expressing yourself.

Regarding adaptations of swear words, it is a question of where we draw the line. Should I throw this open to debate? I'm fecked if I know...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 18, 2011, 09:27:56 AM
...RSR, just a point, it was not I who changed your posts, in fact I don't know which mod did, I just happen to agree that the word used is a thinly disguised adaptation of the swear word we all know and recognise it to be.

Of course this does not make me, or the mod who changed your posts right, we try to be guardians of this message board, and if there aren't other mods available to discuss matters may take action as we see fit; if being protective of the content of FoF means we are overly keen then it is your personal interpretation as it was of the mod who 'modified' your posts.

My reply above was just a way of showing there are more eloquent ways of expressing yourself.

Regarding adaptations of swear words, it is a question of where we draw the line. Should I throw this open to debate? I'm fecked if I know...
:Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: