News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

and Darren Bent is better than Bobby Zamora because ????

Started by FC Silver Fox, June 04, 2011, 07:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

... that great lumbering oaf, Bent

- Can't head a ball or beat anyone in the air
    - Can't hold the ball up and distribute it.
    - Can't get himself in position to receive the ball.
    - Can't kick the ball with his left foot.
    - Can't score with just the keeper to beat.
    - Can't tap the ball into an open net. (even the Fredster would have scored that one)
    - Fabio Capello is clearly not his dad.

... and still he's preferred to Bobby Zamora. I can't understand it.  I can only refer to Owen's post below and thank God Zamora isn't in the transfer shop window after scoring 2 great goals to seal an England victory (that probably wasn't deserved anyway).

Now, I could take the alternative view that Bent had a bad game because he was kept quiet by Fulham's Senderos.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

sipwell

Did you know that lavender has a calming effect when rubbed on your feet?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 04, 2011, 07:34:31 PM

- Can't tap the ball into an open net. (even the Fredster would have scored that one)

... and still he's preferred to Bobby Zamora. I can't understand it.  I can only refer to Owen's post below and thank God Zamora isn't in the transfer shop window after scoring 2 great goals to seal an England victory (that probably wasn't deserved anyway).

Now, I could take the alternative view that Bent had a bad game because he was kept quiet by Fulham's Senderos.

As it was a nice hot day here in Spain, I decided to sit in the garden and listen to 5 live commentary of the game Whilst having a beer. I never took much notice on who the comentators were but after Bent missed his sitter, one of the commentators said, the trouble with Bent is, if he
isn't on form putting the ball in the net then he has absolutely nothing else to offer. For me that summed him up, can get a goal here and there but don't expect anything else.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: sipwell on June 04, 2011, 07:56:58 PM

I''m too busy cooking 3 fish and St Jacques terrine, a fresh cherry  (from the garden) and speculoos pavlova  and a South Sea gratin for tomorrow's dinner party. I'll tell you about the wine and cheese selection if you're interested?  
I think I'll have a dip in the jacuzzi when I've finished and sip a large bison grass vodka and tonic.

P.S. if you want to jump on a TGV to Lyon tomorrow Sipwell, you're most welcome.
P.P.S I hope I can get that speculoos meringue to have a promise of squidginess. Its an invention and I'm winging it.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Oakeshott

Although Bobby is to my mind the far better all round player, one couldn't say with one's hand on one's heart that he wouldn't have missed that one. They all do from time to time.

HatterDon

no, but if you can hum the first few bars, I'm sure I could fake the rest of it.  :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Bent can't be all that bad after all he was the premier league top scorer, i and probably all of us have seen Bobby miss those on several occasions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sipwell

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 04, 2011, 08:17:59 PM

I''m too busy cooking 3 fish and St Jacques terrine, a fresh cherry  (from the garden) and speculoos pavlova  and a South Sea gratin for tomorrow's dinner party. I'll tell you about the wine and cheese selection if you're interested? 
I think I'll have a dip in the jacuzzi when I've finished and sip a large bison grass vodka and tonic.

P.S. if you want to jump on a TGV to Lyon tomorrow Sipwell, you're most welcome.
P.P.S I hope I can get that speculoos meringue to have a promise of squidginess. Its an invention and I'm winging it.

Speculoos? Like the Belgian stuff?

And Christ that sounds tasty. I would hop on a TGV if I had a) money and b) time! ;-)
Bon appetit!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 04, 2011, 07:34:31 PM

Because he scores  099.gifloads of goals. Plain and simple and easy to understand, even for me as a Fulham/Bobby supporter.

094.gif

ByTheRiver

He's not better but shush, lets keep it to ourselves  :dft003:

maksimir

Because he scores  099.gifloads of goals. Plain and simple and easy to understand, even for me as a Fulham/Bobby supporter.

094.gif

Good post.  We're all Bobby fans but let that not blind people to Bent's statistics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Bent
Also he's (Bent) still 27 and with improving fitness levels may have ten years - certainly at club level - left.  I'm a fan of truly judging someone when they've actually retired.  Bent seems to be everybodys new 'Andy Cole' to conveniently slag off when team England consistently fail.  Until Bob gets a start or bangs his first England goal in, only then will he get ahead of Bent.

RidgeRider

Doesn't Bobby have a knock? Maybe Capello was concerned about making things worse after watching him in practice.

Irelands_number1

Sorry but thats emmmm the biggest load of hot air ive possibly ever seen on this messageboard!
DARREN BENT - I Can't Stop - 2011 - Aston Villa - HD
cant get himself in position to receive the ball? cant beat any1 in the air?
best 1 was CANT SCORE WITH JUST THE KEEPER TO BEAT - seriously?????

Burt

Bent is a good player.

Problem is he had an off day.

He wasn't alone, I thought the England performance was pathetic. By the end there was only one team looking for the winner, and that was the Swiss.

Jack Fulham

Bobby has more to his game than Bent. Bobby prefers to play with his back to goal whilst Bent plays off the last man. Never liked Bent really, shame Bobby didn't play.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Burt on June 05, 2011, 12:36:22 PM
Bent is a good player.

Problem is he had an off day.

He wasn't alone, I thought the England performance was pathetic. By the end there was only one team looking for the winner, and that was the Swiss.

Agree with this....the England squad seems to lack passion. Lots of talent but together they just don't seem to get it right out on the pitch. Give him credit for coming back from being down but they could have pushed on but Switzerland ended the game looking the better 'team'.

Wish Bobby had been given the chance. He does much more than Bent on the pitch and would have helped get other players involved in the attack.

alfie

Is all this talk about Bobby because he is a Fulham player (no i am not necessarily disagreeing) but if he still played for West Ham or Spurs no one but no one who has made those comments would be saying it. Yes he may have come on got the winner and everyone would be estatic on here, then again he could have come on and missed 2 sitters, but would that then make him worse than Bent. BZ is brilliant in a Fulham shirt, but then again most of those players in the England team are with their respective clubs, my opinion it is all down to the England coaching set up a foreign manager, there is just no way he can have the passion for England.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SWwhite

Agreed Bent had a bad day.  Before the open goal he had a 1-on-1 saved too.  That's when Capello should have pulled him off.
He was lacklustre all day, and hardly moved around up front.  He was offering no one.  He only got the chances from Djourou slipping and the swiss goalie palming the ball to him.  He had no movement.  I know he doesn't do much apart from score but he actually looked lazy yesterday.
However everyone knows he isn't the most mobile, and he doesn't put himself about that much.  So why does Capello play him in a lone strikers role?  If he ain't gonna move for the ball, don't hoof it up for him to take down.  it was bent's first game with that formation, so give him a rest.
But roast Capello all you want. Why bring Downing on when there are already 3 wingers (young, walcott, milner) on the pitch?
As i said earlier, Harry, fancy a go at Euro 2012?