more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gud bye?

Started by Luke, June 11, 2011, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

Swans are eyeing Gud bit of business

SWANSEA are ready to cash in on Eidur Gudjohnsen's Fulham exit.
The Iceland striker, 32, has had a one-year contract offer withdrawn following Martin Jol's appointment.

But it means Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers can now move in with a free deal for the ex-Barcelona star who he worked with at Chelsea.

How do you guys view this? Personally I think with us being in Europa next year we need the extra players and ones with experience so if he goes I'd hope it is because another striker is being brought in.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

LBNo11

...I take your point about Europa, but I would like to see some of our younger players blooded alongside some regular first team players. As much as I admired him in his days at Bolton and the dark side he has not shown enough to warrant a years contract at Fulham for me...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Luke

I definitely agree with your first point, I too think that especially in these earlier rounds it will be great to give players like Briggs and Stockdale a bit of experience, and I personally think it's in these games that we can add a couple from the academy, Trotta, Dalla Valle etc. But I'm unsure with the second point; I think that he could still add something to the club that we don't currently have, sure if El Hamdaoui comes then I think he can leave. I've just never liked selling players before we have a set in stone deal for a replacement.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

ron

I think it's a shame as well if we are to progress in Europa. Experience is everything !

MJG

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 11, 2011, 10:15:53 AM
...I take your point about Europa, but I would like to see some of our younger players blooded alongside some regular first team players. As much as I admired him in his days at Bolton and the dark side he has not shown enough to warrant a years contract at Fulham for me...
+1, have always liked him but LBH he's past his best and unless it was a cheap one year contract I would move on.

Whiteroom

I don't see it as much of a loss. He just doesn't score goals anymore. That said he MAY score goals against rubbish teams in the Europa. I agree though that our younger players should have that job.

HatterDon

If we're going to be competitive in the league and in three different cup competitions, we have to get younger as a squad. Keeping an older player for an entire campaign because he could be handy to us in the early stages of one of those cup competition seems extremely short sighted. If we're really going to sign a new striker or two, Eidur's leaving won't hurt us that much.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CaliforniaFFC

+1 Well said.

I also think Hughes not playing him in the last few games reinforced this point.

epsomraver

Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on June 11, 2011, 03:40:35 PM

+1 Well said.

I also think Hughes not playing him in the last few games reinforced this point.

I think you will find he did feature in all the last games to my knowledge

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on June 11, 2011, 01:57:43 PM
If we're going to be competitive in the league and in three different cup competitions, we have to get younger as a squad. Keeping an older player for an entire campaign because he could be handy to us in the early stages of one of those cup competition seems extremely short sighted. If we're really going to sign a new striker or two, Eidur's leaving won't hurt us that much.

and a big fat + 1 from me :clap_hands:

sipwell

LBno1  092.gif is a beacon of wisdom!  :Haynes The Maestro:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jimpav

Gud riddance but gud luck.

Thanks for coming.

SHADY1

did nothing at all for us and couldn't see him doing anything in the future ...Jol will have better than him up his sleeve...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

TheDon

richie17

ooh, shame.  I can see how he's maybe a bit of a luxury, but we were different class with him in the side at the end of the season.  he's one of those lovely players who makes those around him better, and some of his link work and movement was terrific.   I don't know how we'd fit him into the side but it was a pleasure to have seen him play for a short time.  Nice pickup for Swansea if they can pull it off.

CaliforniaFFC

Quote from: epsomraver on June 11, 2011, 04:11:52 PM
Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on June 11, 2011, 03:40:35 PM

+1 Well said.

I also think Hughes not playing him in the last game reinforced this point.

I think you will find he did feature in all the last games to my knowledge

You are more correct than I. It was only the last game vs Arse that he did not play. I was just so happy to not see him on the pitch I got a little carried away!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Journey men are so 2008 .......................yes, good, gud bye, ( not a good buy )

MrFFC

Goood player but not good enough for us good luck to him
Come on you Whites!! :)

Burt

He is clearly not the force that he once was, but to Mr. Richie's point you could tell that he once was.

He would be a wise head as we look to bring in more youth to the team so I am not so sure that letting him go is the right thing to do.