more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How 'bout them Mavs!

Started by Steve_orino, June 16, 2011, 03:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

No love, huh?  This really is a football forum!   082.gif

Mavs beat the hated Heat in 6 games & the city has been buzzing all week.  We're celebrating the victory with a parade today and I'm here at work doing the 'responsible thing'.

So happy for Dirk and the whole team.  I've watched this team since the early '90's when they were the absolute laughing-stock of the NBA so this feels good.  :yay:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

duffbeer

The Mavs-Heat series defines poetic justice. Dirk is a great example of a true pro.  Next time the Mavs play in Cleveland they will be warmly recieved with, hopefully, the thunderous applause they deserve.   082.gif

Steve there was plenty o' luv for the Mavs over on FUSA.   If you visit the site, you will have no problems with your computer.  That's one of the reasons it's so cumbersome now.

finnster01

The only problem I have with all that is the snot called Mark Cuban
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Yeah, I don't have nearly the problem with LeBron James that I have with Mark Cuban. Having said that, there are many American cities I like to visit, but Miami is one I'd visit only if doing so was part of my sentence for committing a crime.

I have refused to watch any of the celebrations associated with the championship for fear that the sight of the totally useless Mark Cuban hoisting the trophy will make me retch my meals for the last eleven days.

But, for my friend Steve -- congrats. It's been a while since D-FW sports fans have had any championships to celebrate. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

I am happy for the Mavs. I have always quietly supported them, especially when Nash was there. Good for them. Anyone but the Lakers.

clintclintdeuce

I hold Mark Cuban in high esteem, well done to him and the Mavs.
The Dude abides.

HatterDon

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 16, 2011, 10:51:46 PM

and you've always seemed such a bright young man!  :011:

Just kidding, kind sir.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: HatterDon on June 17, 2011, 12:12:15 AM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 16, 2011, 10:51:46 PM

and you've always seemed such a bright young man!  :011:

Just kidding, kind sir.

Just respect him for what hes been able to accomplish... including with the old laughing stock of the league Los Mavs. I like his style as well, and he seems like a genuine bloke, not a Dan Snyder jerkoff-type
The Dude abides.

YankeeJim

LeBron is so full of himself he could play for the scum. Another vastly overpaid bum with tremendous skill and the heart of a butterfly. Gets a little rough so rather than put out the effort he simply rolls over. Boring.  :039:

Whatever you say about Cuban (you'd be correct) he earned his way into owning a NBA team. He made some money using his head and a lot of luck. LeBron is like Cobi. A simple minded petulant child who takes the ball and quits when effort is required. Nope, give me March madness when it comes to hoops.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mr. F

As an Ohioan, I'm pretty happy to see LeBron come up short. Lost the little respect I had left for him after this series.

Also, Dirk is one of the classiest players in the league. He and the Mavs definitely deserved this.

duffbeer

Quote from: Mr. F on June 17, 2011, 02:24:01 AM
As an Ohioan, I'm pretty happy to see LeBron come up short. Lost the little respect I had left for him after this series.

Also, Dirk is one of the classiest players in the league. He and the Mavs definitely deserved this.

I lost what little respect I had left for Lebron when he became part owner of Liverpool.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: duffbeer on June 17, 2011, 02:50:33 AM

I lost what little respect I had left for Lebron when he became part owner of Liverpool.

I lost it for him when he was sporting Yankees hats while he was in cleveland.
The Dude abides.

finnster01

Quote from: duffbeer on June 17, 2011, 02:50:33 AM

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: 082.gif

Steve_orino

@ MoDuffbeer: I'm on limited internet access right now.  Once I gain full access, I will make sure to jump over to FUSA often.  I have an attachment that I attempted to show in a post but it is apparently too big.  I'm going to have to copy it word-for-word & post it for you & the other Ohioans on the board...I think you all will get a kick out of it.

@ Finn: I'm surprised - I figured you for a Cuban fan; although you exude more class in your posts than Cubes has in the past decade.  You both have that 'Maverick-style' about you - "It's my opinion and I'm going to voice it & you can say what you want but I doubt you'll change my mind."  I've been wrong before - I'll be wrong again.

@HD: Thank you - It has been a while & this feels better than those Other-Football Championships.

@RR: There are rumors that Nash could return!  We may lose Barrea in free agency - Nash would be a great replacement...

@CCD: I thought Cuban has behaved himself far better in this playoff run than in the past decade.  You can see the enthusiasm on his reconstructed face but the abrasiveness has been toned down a lot, imo.

@YankeeJim: "LeBum playing for the Scum" - I hadn't thought of that but you are exactly right!  He comes across as one of those dreaded knuckle-draggers.

Parade went off w/o a hitch.  No embarrassing looting or violence.  Coming down from the high now...need a nap!
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

To MoDuffbeer & all Ohioans - Thank you!  082.gif

State of Ohio
Executive Dept
Office of the Governor

Columbus

RESOLUTION

Whereas, the Dallas Mavericks won their first ever National Basketball Association championship, emerging victorious with a 105-95 victory in Game 6; and

Whereas, the Dallas Mavericks displayed the loyalty, integrity, and teamwork essential to victory before the entire country, affirming that these admirable traits are as crucial as talent and athleticism; and

Whereas, NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Dirk Nowitzki chose to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks in the summer of 2010, forgoing free agency and keeping his talents in Dallas, thus remaining loyal to the team, city, and fans for whom he played his entire career, and

Whereas, the proud city of Cleveland and the entire state of Ohio share in the excitement of Dallas Mavericks fans everywhere.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, John R. Kasich, Governor of the State of Ohio, do hereby name the DALLAS MAVERICKS organization, friends, family, and fans as honorary Ohioans, with all privileges and honors therein, for the day of June 14, 2011.

On this 13th day of June, 2011;
John R Kasich
Governor

I've been a Browns fan since '86 so its nice to be received  :011:
@Borino09

Mr. F

Havent agreed with Kasich much since he took office but here's right on point here!  082.gif

Steve, with the Texas logo I would never have guessed! I'm a huge Browns fan as well.

SoCalJoe

Since the San Antonio-Houston-Dallas rivalries are some of the best in the league I would expect a Spurs fan like HD not to have too many kind words for Cuban. As a huge sports fan I would love him as an owner of any of my favorite teams. Innovated, competitive, and in his defense a lot more mature than he was 5 years ago.

As for the team, they play hoops the right way. The Mavs were a joy to watch, and you couldn't have a more appealing group to root for (Dirk, Kidd, Marion, and my Arizona WIldcat Terry). Even w/my utter contempt for all things Cowboys this was one Dallas team to get behind (wanting Miami to fail didn't hurt either).
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Steve_orino

Quote from: Mr. F on June 17, 2011, 02:15:36 PM
Havent agreed with Kasich much since he took office but here's right on point here!  082.gif

Steve, with the Texas logo I would never have guessed! I'm a huge Browns fan as well.

Thanks to the Greatness that was/is Tecmo Bowl!  At the time the Cowboys weren't good & their was a select amount of teams, of which I didn't know who to be.  Closed my eyes, pushed down & wa-la, a Browns fans was born...

Kosar, Mack, Byner, Langhorne, Slaughter, Golic, Matthews, Minnifield, Dixon - they were my Tecmo Bowl team!!!

But that's the "other football" - we don't talk about that kind much over here   :033:
@Borino09

finnster01

Quote from: Steve_orino on June 17, 2011, 01:27:44 PM
@ MoDuffbeer: I'm on limited internet access right now.  Once I gain full access, I will make sure to jump over to FUSA often.  I have an attachment that I attempted to show in a post but it is apparently too big.  I'm going to have to copy it word-for-word & post it for you & the other Ohioans on the board...I think you all will get a kick out of it.

@ Finn: I'm surprised - I figured you for a Cuban fan; although you exude more class in your posts than Cubes has in the past decade.  You both have that 'Maverick-style' about you - "It's my opinion and I'm going to voice it & you can say what you want but I doubt you'll change my mind."  I've been wrong before - I'll be wrong again.

@HD: Thank you - It has been a while & this feels better than those Other-Football Championships.

@RR: There are rumors that Nash could return!  We may lose Barrea in free agency - Nash would be a great replacement...

@CCD: I thought Cuban has behaved himself far better in this playoff run than in the past decade.  You can see the enthusiasm on his reconstructed face but the abrasiveness has been toned down a lot, imo.

@YankeeJim: "LeBum playing for the Scum" - I hadn't thought of that but you are exactly right!  He comes across as one of those dreaded knuckle-draggers.

Parade went off w/o a hitch.  No embarrassing looting or violence.  Coming down from the high now...need a nap!

Congrats on the win Mr Steve, but I am not high on Mark Cuban though.

Maverick? Me? Are you going to call me Sarah Palin next too?  :dft012: