watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One game down..

Started by Tktd, June 20, 2011, 01:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

That we know of in terms of opponents (who I think we should overcome quite easily...), which mean we have three more to find out about before the group stages start.

8 games. 4 next month and 1 this. Obviously this is barring any potential banana skins.

Further details...

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/competitionformat/index.html

Whiteroom

A lot to look forward too! All of a sudden the Fulham fire has been rekindled.

ScalleysDad

It seems a bit odd though that the Club have not actually nailed the date as Thursday 30th. The yet to be confirmed note has been on the main site all afternoon. If the marketing dudes are awake and if they can swing it with UEFA playing the first two rounds at home on a saturday would surely benefit the opposition quite a bit. Easier to get around, especially home, potentially more on the gate with an accompianied kids for a quid promo and therefore bigger gate receipts. Too simple or some daft ruling probably.
Any one remember the downpours that greeted the beginning of the last campaign . . . . . yikes

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 20, 2011, 06:27:49 PM
It seems a bit odd though that the Club have not actually nailed the date as Thursday 30th. The yet to be confirmed note has been on the main site all afternoon. If the marketing dudes are awake and if they can swing it with UEFA playing the first two rounds at home on a saturday would surely benefit the opposition quite a bit. Easier to get around, especially home, potentially more on the gate with an accompianied kids for a quid promo and therefore bigger gate receipts. Too simple or some daft ruling probably.
Any one remember the downpours that greeted the beginning of the last campaign . . . . . yikes

It's all down to TV money that'll keep it on a Thursday. And I'd almost forgotten how wet it was against Vetra - one of the very few times I've seen sensible stewarding when they allowed and even advised people to move elsewhere just to keep dry.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

ScalleysDad

Way too much thought at my end went into that one. Of course the tele will rule.The Club have announced the fixtures will stay the same and the rumour FFC picked up on about a switch was actually being discussed. Why do that I wonder. Does the match clash with the whale slaughter ? More likely time was needed to sort out the venue switch. I need a hobby other than rubbish sleuthing methinks !

Jimpav

Rounds 3 and 4 look like they could provide a more stern test but I assume we would be seeded as to avoid the higher ranked nations and champions league drop outs?