watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Belgian parade for troops leaving for Afghanistan

Started by sipwell, June 23, 2011, 04:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

There was a parade of the Belgian troops who will shortly leave for Afghanistan. As you all know, Belgium is militarily speaking a superpower. We, after all, single handedly chased the Germans out of Belgium twice and would have liberated Kuwait if the other countries didn't beat us to it.

All rise and greet Belgian's finest!

Ganzenpas

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Aldo

Even the Germans you allegedly chased out didn't goose step like that!

Blingo

We will be sending Nogood Boyo over to cure the problem lol.

FatFreddysCat

From what little i know about Belgium troops they do a very good job  :54:

Burt

No forum is complete without a Belgian with a sense of humour  :005:

HatterDon

It was nice of y'all to plant all those lovely trees alongside your highways. It did keep the German forces from getting all sunburned as they drove through
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Now I know I'll never visit Belgium. I was attacked by a goose when I was a child and have feared the critters ever since. I think they must be Flemish. We all know the French aren't going to fight.  079.gif The Dutch are likely stoned    :033: and the Germans have forgotten how.  093.gif  Still, there is Luxembourg.  :023:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

OldBrownShoe

In the days of yore (when Peabody and Corked Hat roamed the earth) how on earth did Belgium come by a country as massively big as the (Belgium) Congo with just a handful of geese?  :032:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

cebu

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on June 25, 2011, 07:01:27 AM
In the days of yore (when Peabody and Corked Hat roamed the earth) how on earth did Belgium come by a country as massively big as the (Belgium) Congo with just a handful of geese?  :032:

They brought in Belgian beer and took over the country while the locals were "sleeping it off".   :dft012:

sipwell

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on June 25, 2011, 07:01:27 AM

Cunning tactics by our then King, Leopold II, who organized an "African conference" in Brussels and had all nations agree that whomever got the signatures from the locals would have the territory. He was quick to send out a Brit (Stanley) - well, he was already in the Congo - who roamed the country for him and got the necessary signatures, giving himself a rather large land (note: it was his personal fiefdom at the time). The Brits then launched several campaigns during the 1890s and 1900s to discredit our King (rightly so, because he did appaling stuff; something similar to what they themselves were doing). He gave it to Belgium - made some good cash there - and it became a Belgian colony. :)

Bonus: our King was very close to purchase Texas a few decades earlier. The then independent state of Texas was bankrupt and needed money. The then governor agreed that Belgium could buy Texas and the contracts were already made. The U.S. however wasn't happy with a colony in its backyard so annexed the territory ;-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!