watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wimbledon.....

Started by cutbushcitylimits, June 24, 2011, 09:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutbushcitylimits

just watching the Murray match 9.45pm and it looks like daylight under the roof.....Wonder if they have plans to put a roof on n01 court?...gotta make sense?

Fernhurst

Dear Ol Andy Murray the British favourite marches toward his first Grand Slam.

Where are you Finnister  :hook:

jarv

Andy Murray? Can someone help him with his press conference chat. DULL doesn't begin to describe him.

Wimbledon? Big favourite event of mine years ago. Now it can be a borefest. Highlights on tv late here in USA and it is always the bloody women they show. Crack on changing the channel. Women's tennis, sorry but 094.gif

Lighthouse

I used to go to the Womens tennis when it was played in my area. We had an indoor tournament when Steffi Graf was just starting out. Until you see them live you never realise how hard they hit the ball. Still have Wimbledon on the telly. Handy when you are working. But there are few characters that stand out now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Murray may be a bore but as a tennis player he is interesting to watch. He is capable of outstanding play, and equally adapt at destructive passages of play where he fights himself more than the guy at the other end.

Certainly never dull to watch.

Unless it is the post match press conference, where I have to agree with Mr Jarv.

TheDaddy

Have no interest in tennis and for my sins i've been rostered to work at southflieds next week !

Shouldn't grumble to much hope the weathers fine and the candy will be out in force  :58:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Fernhurst

Like numerous Scots I have known, he has a lot more between the ears than his demeanour potrays

My daughter was at Wimbledon on Tuesday and bought home a little clip of Andy practicing. He is HUGE... 6'3 of athletic muscle.
I for one wish the Number 4 in the world all the best in the No1 tournament.

Bring it home..... One time

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: TheDaddy on June 25, 2011, 08:50:04 AM
Have no interest in tennis and for my sins i've been rostered to work at southflieds next week !

Shouldn't grumble to much hope the weathers fine and the candy will be out in force  :58:

And at least the trains will be running now - less grief and abuse for you I would imagine
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

finnster01

Why is it that all American women call it "Wimbleton"?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on June 25, 2011, 01:32:56 PM

We just do Finn. Not sure why....I am speaking for men of course too, maybe not everybody but most seem to.....

Jimbobob

098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif

The funniest thing so far - bar none - was the ass beating that Feliciano López put on Andy Roddick yesterday. It was total public humiliation and so damn funny!!! He beat him like a rented mule.
I was laughing my ass off at the highlights. He was rolling all over the court trying desperately to return anything.
Could not have happen to a more deserving douche bag!!!

Otherwise it is a bore fest........ not watching the women as I normally do because I cannot stomach the Williams sisters :020: :020: :020: :020: :020:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

HatterDon

Quote from: finnster01 on June 25, 2011, 01:32:56 PM

It took my first wife [English] two years to get me to stop saying Wimpleton
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

Quote from: Jimbobob on June 25, 2011, 04:05:00 PM

The funniest thing so far - bar none - was the ass beating that Feliciano López put on Andy Roddick yesterday. It was total public humiliation and so damn funny!!! He beat him like a rented mule.
I was laughing my ass off at the highlights. He was rolling all over the court trying desperately to return anything.

Otherwise it is a bore fest........ not watching the women as I normally do because I cannot stomach the Williams sisters :020: :020: :020: :020: :020:

Now there's a shock

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2011, 04:06:13 PM

Now there's a shock

Not sure if you agree with me or if I am in trouble? :023: :023: :023:
I just think they are the biggest phonies in the world, bad sports and all around dreadful people.....
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: jarv on June 24, 2011, 11:08:54 PM
Andy Murray? Can someone help him with his press conference chat. DULL doesn't begin to describe him.

Payed to play Tennis, not to talk.

Burt

Quote from: Jimbobob on June 25, 2011, 04:35:00 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2011, 04:06:13 PM

Now there's a shock

Not sure if you agree with me or if I am in trouble? :023: :023: :023:
I just think they are the biggest phonies in the world, bad sports and all around dreadful people.....

[In a Louie Spence voice]

"And as for their dress sense, don't even get me started..."

FFCcravencottage

For me the worst part when either of the Williams sisters are playing, is when the camera pan's to the family I've seen more emotion at a funeral. They all look like they are thinking hurry up win or lose let's get the F*** out of here.

White Noise

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 26, 2011, 10:57:47 AM
For me the worst part when either of the Williams sisters are playing, is when the camera pan's to the family I've seen more emotion at a funeral. They all look like they are thinking hurry up win or lose let's get the F*** out of here.

Just occassionally glancing down at the 'Prize money' list in the programme.

lakey

SUE and Yours truly are off to Wimbledon tomorrow and should I be delighted that the Williams Sisters are out yes I am it will probably rain for my for my evil thoughts but who cares as long as My favourite player Maria is on court always been my hero never mind the grunts enjoy watching Her play the game as it should be played. just like Evert,Beuno, Goolagong,to name a few.

All  for now
just enjoy the whole  set up.

Cheers Lakey

HatterDon

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 26, 2011, 10:57:47 AM

As opposed to Steffi Graf, I suppose, She was a whirlwind of personality out there.