News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr...interested in football? read this, Massachusetts stae champions.

Started by jarv, June 27, 2011, 05:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

What a great day. My over 60 team played in the state final. We thought "no chance" but turned up against a very good team of old boys, consisting of a few ex Portuguese internationals. We won on penalties after 1-1  draw. Now yuo might think we were  all in wheel chairs but make no mistake, this was a decent game. (I have the cracked ribs to prove it).

We held on til 2 minutes before half time, our goallie decided to not put in a decent challenge. 1-0. Second half, 10 minutes to go, we score a brilliant goal, started off by me at right back.

Make no mistake, they are better than us. They hit the bar 5 times. We hit it once, courtesy of yours truly in the penalty shoot out. At this point I have to say in my defence, earlier in the game, I deflected a goal bound shot onto our bar, so I guess you could say it was a great defensive header. (It skimmed off my thinning hair).
Sorry to back track. Anyway, we won on penalties (which by the way, if I had scored mine it would have been the winner).

Off to the pub (they call them bars here) to celebrate our (plastic) trophy and printed T shirts. Final comment, how did we win? We got our tactics right! Defended like RH was our coach.
Thsi is the best thing since I got my medal for a half marathon back in England when I was 39, ....8 minute miles.
T

sipwell

Congratulations mate! Well done! Winning a game or a tournament, regardless of what level you play, is always superb!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

HatterDon

well done, sir!

Sidebar: My god, man; you're playing football after 60? I had to quit at 31 or 32! My hat is off to you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

HD,

The massachusetts over the hill league is the biggest in the country. When you see the best of the over 40s and 50s the quality is high.
My daughter watched us recently and quote "you guys look like you actually know what you are doing".

RidgeRider

Quote from: jarv on June 27, 2011, 04:19:03 PM
HD,

The massachusetts over the hill league is the biggest in the country. When you see the best of the over 40s and 50s the quality is high.
My daughter watched us recently and quote "you guys look like you actually know what you are doing".

Well done Jarv!!! Folks, we have some footy in June.

Fully impressed you lads are out there banging in the goals at 60+!

FatFreddysCat

Great stuff Jarv  :54: ,  i dread the day i cant play football anymore.