News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy Independence Day.. to our American Cousins and friends....

Started by mrska, July 04, 2011, 06:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!!!

But this time in peace and bringing the Joy of FULHAM with us...

Have a great day guys and Girls xx

082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 078.gif 078.gif 078.gif 078.gif

VicHalomsLovechild

For all Americans, Independence Day must be tinged with a bit of sadness for what might have been. If you had left things alone, football would be your National game. You'd have your own version of Fulham and your own forums. Kids would be kicking a ball against your wall and when the Cricket season starts, would be breaking the glass on your greenhouses. We're not sore losers though and for those of you that hanker after proper games that only last for a couple of hours (there by giving you plenty of time to debate the outcome in the pub) and don't require several layers of body armour. You're welcome to join us here.      086.gif

sipwell

Happy independence day Yankee friends! We on the continent greatly admire you for getting rid of those *insert derogatory terms here* Brits as we are still stuck with them and probably will remain stuck with them for the foreseeable future. We can hence do nothing but pay a respectful and admiring tribute to your successful struggle for independence and hope, one day, we shall be able to celebrate a similar occasion.  :hook:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

BB

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, Septics!

Now celebrate with a nice mug of
ENGLISH TEA!! 098.gif
:dft012:

CorkedHat

Like Australia we have to wonder what sort of country America would be if it had been left to the rightful owners, the Indigenous people of the land, true custodians and carers of a great country.
As Gandhi once replied to the question of what did he think of Western Civilisation, he said "I think it would be a good idea."
What arrogance is bestowed upon us that we believe that these countries have benefited from our invasion of them?
Bring out the padlocks – I feel a thread is at its end. 084.gif 096.gig 093.gif 090.gif 086.gif :wum: :hook:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

mrska

Nah.. keep it fresh and bouncy...  its all about the Club no matter where you come from. American, Australian, German....etc... who cares...  we support  The team in Black and White.....(mainly White these days)  so i wish them all well..

I can feel a verse of Ebony and Ivory coming on...and you don't want that...  lets be nice to each other xxx 

TonyGilroy

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 04, 2011, 08:19:05 AM
Like Australia we have to wonder what sort of country America would be if it had been left to the rightful owners, the Indigenous people of the land, true custodians and carers of a great country.
As Gandhi once replied to the question of what did he think of Western Civilisation, he said "I think it would be a good idea."
What arrogance is bestowed upon us that we believe that these countries have benefited from our invasion of them?
Bring out the padlocks – I feel a thread is at its end. 084.gif 096.gig 093.gif 090.gif 086.gif :wum: :hook:

Let me record my agreement then before the thread is locked.

FC Silver Fox

Happy 4th July to all my friends out there in the colonies.   078.gif
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Equalizer

Happy Independence Day to all the decent fellows from our long lost county of Americashire.

081.gif
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

cebu

Jolly good show all you colonial chaps!    :dft012:     :beer: +  :wine:

HatterDon

on behalf of all formerly oppressed peoples who have thrown off the yoke of British colonialism, I say, thank you!

If Steve McQueen Were President...

Ignore the title and watch the video
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tktd

Didn't the American Civil war break out after Independance day?

HatterDon

Quote from: Tktd on July 04, 2011, 01:35:45 PM

Didn't the American Civil war break out after Independance day?

Yes, but it was 85 years after, so not many of the same players suited up.

The Rock

I'm sort of a club before country kinda guy, but tks all. The world being the way it is makes me proud the us and uk are the best of cousins, bar sending over your pikeys that compose middle America.

LordNelson

Yes, I often wonder if they would still rip the beating hearts out of unwilling victims in order to appease the rain gods.  Ahhhhhhh, the cultural beauty of ritualistic sacrifice.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

HatterDon

YankeeJim

Quote from: LordNelson on July 04, 2011, 02:44:35 PM

Yes, I often wonder if they would still rip the beating hearts out of unwilling victims in order to appease the rain gods.  Ahhhhhhh, the cultural beauty of ritualistic sacrifice.

Yep! the place would still be in the stone age.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Have a Jol-ly good day! ;) Apologies, that was poor..

"You just gotta ignite the light, and let it shine. just own the night, like the Fourth of July"

- Katy Perry.

Enjoy yourselves Yanks!

LBNo11

...Happy Independence day (the aliens lose by the way). Things may have been different had you not taken a liberty in trying to have liberty, now we are still paying for the liberty (ships).

Anyway enjoy your day, and thanks for the Bourbon...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rupert

I have no idea why Brother Jonathon and friends are getting all excitied about their Frenchmen beating our Germans, but there you go.

Have a good day, anyway.
078.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.